Ironing polyester Satin?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
satinloverboy

Ironing polyester Satin?

Post by satinloverboy »

Does anyone know how I can iron Polyester Satin Bed sheets?
Lovesatinblouses

Re: Ironing polyester Satin?

Post by Lovesatinblouses »

Best Idea is don't. Wife told me just wash it and hang it out to dry
silksatin

Post by silksatin »

Normally you can use a big towel and lay it over the satin sheets. So you can iron the sheets with the required temperature.
www.silkysatindreams.com - The beauty of female in silk and satin | www.facebook.com/silkysatindreams
satinlover13

Post by satinlover13 »

I iron mine all the time. I think the satin is more shiny when it isn't wrinkled. Set your iron to steam on a medium heat and be careful not to burn the fabric. Use a ironing board.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Give the steam from the bathroom shower a try first before ironing. I know I'd definitely burn it if I ironed it. Very risky!
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I use a steam iron on medium heat. The big secret is to keep the iron moving over the satin, don't let the iron sit in one spot for even one second. Satin does have more shimmer to it when it has been ironed, plus it seems to feel smoother.
shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

Absolutely agree with all of the previous ways/comments. It's sooooooo much better, wrinkle free, and feels so much softer, too!

One thing I would add is to iron on reverse, rather than straight onto the shiny side! I use a medium heat, loads of steam, and iron my satin inside out. :D
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

shinysatinlover wrote:One thing I would add is to iron on reverse, rather than straight onto the shiny side! I use a medium heat, loads of steam, and iron my satin inside out. :D
Agree with what he said...although if anyone has pure silk satin/charmeuse sheets, do not use steam from an iron and ironing board. Best to use steam from an actual garment steamer. It is not recommended ironing with steam because when ironing silk, no water should touch the fabric unless it is slightly damp and I mean slightly. Otherwise it would create rings and spots. As I quote from one source, "Never use the steam setting as irons often spray drops of water along with the actual steam. Even with a washcloth covering the silk, small amounts of water can soak through and ruin the fabric."

Also too much heat will ruin the fabric as well so the lowest, dry setting is recommended. Just keep those in mind if, anyone, has some pure silk sheets upon their possession. I know most of you guys are into the other satin fabrics and that's fine. Most people here still do get mistaken of what satin really means...though I do understand that it is easier to call it satin rather than calling it polyester or acetate...but just remember that silk is most definitely within that satin category as well!
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

IReallyLovePureSilk wrote:
shinysatinlover wrote:One thing I would add is to iron on reverse, rather than straight onto the shiny side! I use a medium heat, loads of steam, and iron my satin inside out. :D
Agree with what he said...
Well, fankoo!! :lol:

You're quite right about silk though; I iron too silk differently and pretty much as you said, although my collection is 80/20 poly-satin/silk-satin, but yes it's good to make the differentiation between silk-satin and poly-satin for ironing, although the OP was about polyester satin so I didn't want to confuse the two. I use a big ol' Tefal 'Steam Generator' iron which is a separate water tank from the iron and it is just brilliant at one pass steam ironing, so no extended heat passes and the danger that comes with it. Put another way, a chemise is done in less than a minute and comes out pristine, soft and shiny... just how I luv 'em!! :D
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

Yeah, I know that the OP is intended for polyester satin...but just thought I'd drop some knowledge...just in case anyone wasn't aware of that, you know?
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...