More Updates?

General discussion about things happening at mysatin.com & satinplay.com
georgegt3

More Updates?

Post by georgegt3 »

Hi,How about this for an idea

It can be so frustrating having to wait nearly a week to get a new update and then you get two at once.How about putting the mysatin update on a different day to satinplay?

Or (and i like this one) have 3 updates a week like this. Week 1.Satinplay Monday. Mysatin Wed's. Satinplay Saturday Week 2. Mysatin.Mon Satinplay.Wed's Mysatin. Saturday..............and so on
Satin always looks best on a women
mysatin

Re: More Updates?

Post by mysatin »

Well, nobody is forcing you to download the updates as soon as they are available.... you could pace yourself? :P

Seriously however, this is probably a good idea for those who are members of both mysatin and satinplay. It does mean we need to be a little more disciplined to actually queue up the updates before they get posted (normally it just gets done on the day). Queueing the updates would have the additional benefit that you could see what sets are coming next (with possibly the option to vote on which one you want to come next - most votes wins type thing)

As an alternative, what do you think of the system that one of our competitors has, that splits a single update into two updates - one update for the photos and then one update for the videos. Personally I don't like the idea, but it could be a way for you to get a fix of new content more frequently?
georgegt3

Post by georgegt3 »

I like the idear of voting.Maybe you could do a tiral run? see how it go's

As for photo's one day and vid the next i'm not to fussed either way

And as for your competitor i wouldn't worry about them. I was going to write a post slagging them off and why satinplay is the best satin site one the web,but i thought better of it :P

P.S With the new MP4 vids you have taken the site to the next level,i must of watched Amy at least 10 times!! (jus need some lez /b/g vids)
Well done and keep up the good work
test45

Post by test45 »

A split of picture and video content may work. Perhaps a .mp4 video release one day and then a HQ image release another (would 2,000px × 3,000px images be possible?).

It would be good to see a general increase in releases per month. A bump up to 8 releases in a month (instead of the 5 at the moment) woul make consistent membership to the site more compelling (though I guess there are cost implications with an increase).
Favourite Models: Ruby, Courtney.

Favourite Clothing: Dressing Gowns, Trousers, Salwar Kameez.

Requests: Group Shoots, Outdoors, Speech, Wet / Messy.

Want To See: Lauren Louise.
mysatin

Post by mysatin »

test45 wrote:... a HQ image release another (would 2,000px × 3,000px images be possible?)
To be fair, we haven't seen a huge demand for higher resolution images. Currently pictures are resized down to 1280px on the longest side (866x1280 typically), and most pictures are shot in portrait format (so 1280px high). The average screen resolution of our users is less than 1280px in height, which means we rely on the operating system to downsample the image (reducing quality), so ironically, it would seem better to lower the resolution of the pictures we make available to gain a higher quality viewing experience!

Our primary camera shoots 10 megapixel images - 3872 x 2592 but this is to be upgraded in the near future to a 16MP camera (as the current primary camera has outlived its shutter life expectancy). This would be a shoot resolution of 4928 x 3264. However, a raw increase in pixels doesn't equate to an increase in image quality unfortunately. We would be more likely to get better quality images from using better quality lenses and more careful lighting.

I can see it as a useful "headline" to make a selling point, but we don't want to sell snakeoil, so I can't really see our current images distributed as 2000x3000 being perceivably better than the current 1280px ones on most users' screens.

This will probably dis-prove my point, but here is one we shot this weekend, in full resolution Tina in Satin Nightie (note however, that shes is 1. beautiful, and 2. photoshopped a little bit)
georgegt3

Post by georgegt3 »

Yes it does dis-prove your point :D I prefer the bigger size,it just looks cleaner to me if that makes any sense.

Couldn't you offer a choice of size's?