Why the spandex?

General discussion about things happening at mysatin.com & satinplay.com
jellyjazz

Why the spandex?

Post by jellyjazz »

Seen the last two updates stated Satin Pants (in fact god awful Spandex disco pants) and have not bothered logging in to both mysatin sites I'm part of, this speaks volumes.

Bring back the satin! Especially proper satin trousers, pj's and not the bleeding Spandex or shorts. I absolutely hate the things, see girls in the street wearing them and don't even give a second glance. They are completely unflattering and make their arses look compact and void of any sexiness whatsover!

The rest of the stuff is grand though, just honestly haven't logged in ages due to the lack of decent satin updates.

Em
test45

Re: Why the spandex?

Post by test45 »

I guess someone requested them, or perhaps sent them in for use in shoots? I don't mind too much and it is good that there's a variety of clothing and different locations used in the same area. I'd rather see satin as well though (the tight satin trousers used some previous updates are nice, loose flowing ones the odd pair of satin combat trousers).

Some of the updates in different lighting have looked a bit strange recently as well. I'm not sure about the fixed camera updates - the ones where you camera frame stays fairly static and it zooms in and out rather than moving around - though that might be to try to cut down on background noise?
Favourite Models: Ruby, Courtney.

Favourite Clothing: Dressing Gowns, Trousers, Salwar Kameez.

Requests: Group Shoots, Outdoors, Speech, Wet / Messy.

Want To See: Lauren Louise.
Robin0909

Post by Robin0909 »

I agree with jellyjazz. I did not like the so called "Satin Pants".

It should be like real satin pants or satin pj pants or something like that.

I would not call those spandex pants as satin pants.
satinwank

Post by satinwank »

have to disagree... disco pants and spandex are soooooooo shiny and sexy
mysatin

Post by mysatin »

Thanks for your feedback - there are divided opinions on whether the sets with the disco pants are good or bad.

We had received quite a few requests for these disco trousers which is the reason they have started turning up on the site. They were also somewhat back in fashion about 6 months ago which also meant there were loads of these in the high-street stores which made them easier to get hold of.

We do have some more traditional jean sets coming too though. Below is a snapshot of Natalia Forrest from a recent shoot wearing black satin jeans :D
jeans.jpg
jeans.jpg (38.23 KiB) Viewed 26849 times
jellyjazz

Post by jellyjazz »

Was funny I was with a few mates at the weekend and we were standing having a snigger at a girl in those disco pants, wondering why someone would wear something so unflattering. Really made her ass look awful!

This is more of what I meant...

eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOSCHINO-Jean ... 233a9f84e2

eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Nick-Cole ... 4ada247e09

And these which are widely available on ebay under the search "satin capri"

Hope this helps!

Love the latest sets with the white chinese dress too, add white stockings and Lola T, love how she's really touchy feely lol!
SatinLover87

Post by SatinLover87 »

I agree with jellyjazz! Disco pants are not great to look at. Bring back galleries of models in Pyjamas :!: and news ones for a change :wink:
MIWSTIUS01

Post by MIWSTIUS01 »

What a daft complaint.

( Good quality ) spandex is like a 'stretchy' cousin to satin.
Or would you rather have matte cotton and denim be the dominant trend again ?

Fact is, spandex leggings and disco pants are practical for women.
They can combine and layer anything on top of them, whatever suits the weather or occasion.

With full real satin pants, they don't really have that practical flexibility. Those only work with
a limited range of tops and a limited range of footwear, in a limited range of weather and going out scenario's.

Hence, it's totally understandable that what you see on women in public, they are either wearing denim jeans,
cotton trousers, spandex leggings and spandex disco pants.
And in terms of shiny looks, it's closer to satin than any of the cotton or denim pants, so a substantial
fanbase for these spandex pants is entirely understandable.

But yeah, a plea for more satinplay.com content with actual loose flowing satin trousers is of course your prerogative.
jellyjazz

Post by jellyjazz »

dominant trend again
So happy this isn't the case anymore, I still think they are hideous. Glad that shops like PrettyLittleThing etc have completely dodged them for proper satin outfits.

See: https://www.prettylittlething.com/sanci ... lazer.html
Check their vid this is where it's at regarding trousers etc! I bought my girlfriend the black version. Feels amazing.

mysatin

Post by mysatin »

We do try and shoot with "real" satin trousers on mysatin/satinplay when we can. The main reason we don't is that they are hard to fit to models in terms of hip, waist size and leg length; the stretchy ones seems to fit a lot more models...

Re: PrettyLittleThing - we do get some of the satin clothes from there and they have some cool looking and reasonably priced stuff. Unfortunately the build quality of the outfits is fairly poor in general - for example the burgundy playsuit work by Becky in this update: http://www.mysatin.com/free-satin-galle ... gundy.html was falling apart when we got it and has already been repaired twice after literally falling apart at the seams.