New online Satin store to open soon....

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
DressmeinSatin

New online Satin store to open soon....

Post by DressmeinSatin »

I will soon be opening a dedicated online satin store. As a fond lover of Satin myself i have been to numerous websites trying to find items of clothing etc to find that i can never find anything i really like.

I really need the help of you guys here! post your thoughts as to what you like to see in an online satin store. At the moment i am planning on giving all forum members a 25% discount on opening day.

More info will follow shortly regarding a launch date and most of all the url!

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Gavin
mica46

Re: New online Satin store to open soon....

Post by mica46 »

Hi Gavin

Speaking for myself wearing satin is not only a sensual expierience but also a totally relaxing expierience and that is why my favourite items of satin wear are satin robes or kimonos, in otherwords something that encases your entire body from head to toe in satin but at the same time is easy to slip on and off. I have seen on the web for sale full length satin robes with hoods that have a neck tie fastening but what I have never seen is one with full length sleeves, which I would be willing to buy at the right price. I have (hopefully) included an image of the sort of thing I have in mind. I do hope you can help.

Mica.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOODED-Satin-Cloa ... 20b2832e7f
sealion

Post by sealion »

hello Gavin, sounds like a great store. It would be good to be able to buy mens satin pjs or even the pj pants in a variety of colours. I have been looking for some purple satin pj pants for a while and also colours like Bottle Green , Royal Blue and White or cream. The sites I normally buy from www.intimo.com have them in womens colours but only Black,navy,red and maroon in mens saitn pjs. Also Gavin it would be good if the international freight costs were kept to a reasonable level. A lot of websites I have bought from in America have tried to make a lot of money from their customers on freight,e.g charging $28-$40 for a single item of a satin clothing from USA to NZ , is what I mean, when I KNOW for a fact it can be shipped for $16-$18US. The excessive cost of freight is a big put off, and stops me buying straight away. I dont mine paying $3 or $4 more than the actual stamp, but I think it stinks when companies try to cream it on freight charges.
sealion

Post by sealion »

MICA, Try looking at www.delrossa.com for FULL SLEEVE satin robes. They dont have hoods thats all, but they have good colours, are very long(ankle length) and long sleeved. I bought two last year. Colours STEEL, Black,Maroon, blue. They retail bout $39US and about $22 freight, but you are closer to Florida than New Zealand so you may not pay as much, as me in freight. cheers Sealion. Hope that helps you.
mica46

Post by mica46 »

Thanks Sealion for that link, they look to have some nice satin nightwear there. I've got it stored in my favourites list and will definately be going back there, thanks again. By the way, how do you find Intimo for quality, in particular their robes? I must be honest and say that I'm not very tall so I do actually find women's satin robes fit me better.
DressmeinSatin

Post by DressmeinSatin »

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your comments so far....

We will be trying to keep our postage costs as low as possible. I know in some cases this can be hard for us to do as the exchange rate UK pound to to some currencies can seem as though the postage will be high. I can assure you though that will be making NO money from postage.

The idea of bringing a dedicated satin store to the internet is to give a customer the best shopping experience possible. We will always take on board any comments good or bad we receive from any customer.

Could i ask you guys what price would you call reasonable when paying for certain satin products?

Thanks
Gavin
mica46

Post by mica46 »

Hi Gavin

Price is a difficult one for instance I've just been out this morning to my local town centre and saw some nice satin robes in a department store for £25 and yet I've just ordered a brand new one of ebay for £3.00 plus P&P and I've even picked them up for less, all brand new. Ultimately, it's got to be based on the the cost of your own overheads etc. Sorry I can't be of more help on that one but I am looking forward to your opening. Any idea when it will be?

Mica
satinage

Post by satinage »

The shipping costs are a problem for me (I live in France).

I bought satin pajama's bottom from intimo two years ago, the shipping cost are offered in a short period.
But now it's too expensive.

I bought satin boxers from feelingusa.com, (polka dot black and pink)
http://www.feelingusa.com/products.cfm? ... rodid=6195

and the shipping cost are reasonable.

I'd love to find in an online satin store some large sizes (my wife is very curvy :wink: ).

I'm searching for she, a short red satin robe 3XL.

cheers
Fan de Satin / Satinfan
DressmeinSatin

Post by DressmeinSatin »

At the moment i am thinking of charging £3.50 for UK, £5.50 for Europe & £6.50 for the rest of the world. I am looking to get the site up by the beginning of October, although some tests will take place before that date.

We will be selling all ranges of satin, Mens, Ladies clothing, accessories, shoes, night wear, bedding etc ranging from small sizes to large sizes. We will also be offering a service where if customers are looking for something they cannot find we maybe able to source it or get it specially made.

We will most lightly start off with just a few items to get us going, but as time goes on and we learn more of what customers are looking for there will be more products available.

This is why your idea's are so important.

Speak soon.

gavin
klisnitas

Post by klisnitas »

Hi Gavin

The shipping costs sound great to me. What about payment method i like to use paypal. The bit that has me interested is the part about sourcing items i have a list of items that i would like to buy for my wife that are very very rare nowdays. Hope all goes well in setting up and i look forward to seeing the shop.

klisnitas
DressmeinSatin

Post by DressmeinSatin »

Hiya,

At the moment (as with everything else) i am trying to research the best checkout option to use. Many ppl use Paypal but you also get lots of pppl who totally hate it. Google check out is another option, but this could be a problem for ppl who do not have a Google account as Google ask ppl to sign up before commencing to checkout.

I am also looking into other methods such as using my banks e-commerce. There is no username or password to sign up. all you would have to do is enter your credit/debit card details along with name, address etc.. This method maybe pricey.

Maybe you guys could give a little advice on what you would feel more comfortable with using?

I would like to thank all of guys for all of your feedback so far. :D

Gav
mica46

Post by mica46 »

Hi

As for myself I prefer to use Paypal as you seem to have third party protection against anyone intercepting your details.
satinblack

Post by satinblack »

Hello Gavin,
I m interested in satin pencil skirts, as it look sexy when I wear it. My hubby loves satin very much and each time I wear it really turn him 'on'. Wish to see your online store equipped with variety of satin skirt and blouses hope the postage will be available for Malaysia too
darkside

Post by darkside »

it,s hard to buy a satin dress thats buttons up the front
Chickenboy19799

Post by Chickenboy19799 »

Hi Gavin,

The store sounds like it will be great and can't wait to check it out. I'd be happy to see some nice women's nightwear, particularly matching nighties and robes. Since La Senzas downfall there aren't too many styles available these days and when you find a nice coloured chemise / nightie there is rarely a dressing gown to match. Got to keep my gfs collection growing :)

As with others, I would prefer PayPal or credit card payment.

Cheers.