Comforter and sheet shopping woes

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
satinedge

Comforter and sheet shopping woes

Post by satinedge »

Hello everyone! I have been on the 'hunt' for the best quality satin bedding for over a decade. I can only find cheap ebay knock offs, sheets that don't last a month, and satin that's advertised as silky-est; arrives outright stiff as cardboard. I thought I found a good dealer in china, but to find their product par, at best. Most retailers even show glamorous pictures of the comforter and sheets but once the package is opened, it is immediately clear that the quality is lacking.

I am looking for a reputable dealer of high quality satin. As for the comforter, nothing embroidered. Just seemless satin and possibly reversable. The sheets can be high thread count. Practically can't keep em' on the bed it's so slick.

I know it's out there, I've seen this luxurious satin in so many movies. Could anyone please guide me to where I can find this? I am tired of looking at Google, ebay, aliexpress, and the like. All knock off satin bedding and pictures that are not of the real product.

Thanks for reading and hope this glamorous satin is actually real.

-satinedge
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
satinedge

Re: Comforter and sheet shopping woes

Post by satinedge »

Something like these...
Attachments
-font-b-Purple-b-font-pink-Silk-font-b-comforter-b-font-bedding-set-font.jpg
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (8.8 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

No one know where I can buy high quality satin bedding?
imsharkey

Post by imsharkey »

I am in the same boat as you. I've been looking for some replacement sheets for awhile and haven't had much luck. I stumbled on the site shopbedding dot com and thought I found what I was looking for but was terribly disappointed (I posted a review on this board)

Recently I stumbled upon a pillow case at a thrift store. It was labled "Scent-Sation", a brand I have seen before at Target online and other sources. It was fairly heavy, soft, and (most important for me) slick. The sheets are only $30 so I might give them a try. Since you are in the US, Bed Bath and Beyond has some interesting sheets but they are pricey. The are not that heavy but they are very slick. Kind of like nylon/satin soccer shorts. Many of the retail stores have them in stock so you can check them out in person.

I would love to find sheets made out of the same material as my wife's blouses but I'm not sure they exist.

I've thought about learning to sew so I could make my own out of whatever material I choose but that is another topic :D

I was hoping for a review in this topic viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2627 but no luck yet.

Best of luck to you, please keep us posted.

Sharkey