Satin sheet shopping

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
SatNav

Satin sheet shopping

Post by SatNav »

my exgf is moving out (she knew about the satin fetish but wasnt a fan of it) and that means its time for a new set of satin sheets. I've been eyeballing these:

Bridal satin
www.ebay.com/itm/110994524920

1000 thread count satin
www.ebay.com/itm/261260427108

Which is going to be more fun, I'm not worried about the price difference between the two.
silkysatinbed

Re: Satin sheet shopping

Post by silkysatinbed »

Check with the seller of the first set to make sure the Bridal Satin is polyester. Order a free set of swatches from them and maybe a pillowcase. Wash and sleep with the pillowcase and see how you like it.
I have several sets of these Premium Bridal Satin polyester sheets and won't sleep in any other satin sheets and I've tried them all. The satin is thicker and shinier and a little stiffer than some of the thinner ones but once you put them on the bed and slide between them, you should love them.
This bridal satin is hard to distinguish from acetate bridal satin. I've had both and these get softer and smoother after many uses and washes while the acetate bridal satin begins to break down and gets rough. I've been using some of these sets for about 8 years and they are still awesome. I keep buying more in new colors for variety. If you are looking for satin to "play with" you might like something less thick but to sleep in, these are the best.
I would not consider the second set you listed since they are probably cheap and thin.
SatNav

Post by SatNav »

Thanks for the info, i pulled the trigger on the bridal set, we'll see. I should have them in a couple days.
imsharkey

Post by imsharkey »

SatNav wrote:Thanks for the info, i pulled the trigger on the bridal set, we'll see. I should have them in a couple days.

Hi, any updates? How are the sheets?

Thanks,
Sharkey
SatNav

Post by SatNav »

yeah, actually kind of disappointed. the Quality is so so, and they're a bit more rough than buttery silky smooth.
They came as a set of 3 and i have 2 sets unopened so if someone else wanted to take the plunge I'd be very willing to sell them at my loss.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

I just bought a set of Red Royal Opulence Satin sheets, a zebra Satin sheet set, and a Hot Pink Honeymoon Satin sheet set. Haven't been delivered yet, but here's what they look like :
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These are my very first Satin sheet sets as well, so I hope they're great!
SpatterOnTheSatin

Post by SpatterOnTheSatin »

How crusty I would make those sheets..
davidben

Post by davidben »

I still think that if at all possible it is better to actually buy some good quality long lasting satin materiel and have a bespoke set made up, will probably be more expensive but at least you have seen and felt the fabric before buying and they will last longer.

I am not a great fan of polyester as I think it is too thin and is not so durable and tends to 'ball up' after a while.