Satin Blouses - Best Make?

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
satinist

Satin Blouses - Best Make?

Post by satinist »

Who here reckons which is the best make of satin blouse you can buy?
Ie the look and feel, quality, fit etc
I own a M&S 1 and its very good quality, but I also like the look of some of top shop's satin blouses, although I bought 1 originally and it was too small :(

So what does everyone else think?
mysatin

Re: Satin Blouses - Best Make?

Post by mysatin »

Marks and Spencer usually make some pretty good clothing, but I think I only have one - branded St Michael (long sleeve stretch grey which was one of the first sets I shot Ninie in) - the shine isn't that great but the stretch gives it a better fit. That said, they seemed to have some new satin blouses in the window last time I walked past which I think is part of their Autumn collection - they look like they have some kind of tailoring/stitching on them http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B001CEPY8G.

I just shot Mimi in some fantastic Zara satin blouses - both long sleeve - and the colours are amazing. A deep orange one and a peachy/pink one - they only button half way down the front though. (Orange colour is like the one here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Zara-Orange-S ... 1315r38765 )

The lustre on the non-stretch ones seems to best giving the shiniest finish and I think I prefer that over strech ones.

I think I have around 50 satin blouses in the wardrobe at the moment so it's a hard job picking just one favourite... :D
satinist

Post by satinist »

I am currently looking at another M&S satin blouse on ebay, the 1 I have is excellent quality, the link you posted below to a red 1 is stunning!
Might have to look at getting 1 of these!
SirTrinian

Post by SirTrinian »

the office set has nice blouses :D
satinsoulx

Post by satinsoulx »

I have two favourites in my wardrobe, although I own about thirty satin shirts in all styles and sizes and assorted colours. Both, however, seem hard to be found nowadays.

The first is an orange one, made by Enzo, which is probably the most expensive garment I ever bought. It cost me approx. £ 300. I bought it in Denmark in 1996. The shop closed down shortly afterwards and I do not have a clue whatever happened to Enzo. The material wears a bit thin, but hey! It is twelve years old and I wore it a thousand times.

The second's make is Cosma and was made in Poland! Mine is short sleeved and deep red. Although the fabric is rather cheapo polyester, it has a great sheen and fun to wear. If anyone can tell me where to find these? I would fancy a black one as well.

Clockhouse by C&A made some wonderful shirts a while ago!
mysatin

Post by mysatin »

£300 for a shirt seems a bit steep! :D

I shot Mimi in a lovely bright yellow short sleeved from Clockhouse by C&A - here's a sneak preview... (she has matching bright yellow panties too!)
SirTrinian

Post by SirTrinian »

WOW!!Mimi looks fantastic.... i think a satin blouse whatever price looks good on a female form :D
satinsoulx

Post by satinsoulx »

Man! That €-thing drives me nuts!

The orange shirt was more than 500 Dutch guilders back then, which should be translated into £ 175. That is still a hell lot of money, but I had to have one!

Mimi looks great! I own a purple one, which should be 12 years old...