Looking for particular item...

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
satinist

Looking for particular item...

Post by satinist »

Dunno if anyone can help me, but here goes...
Anyone who lives near a Sainsburys should know what im on about..
The female uniform in most Sainsburys consists of a blue satin blouse with fruit on it (both long and short sleeved)
Been looking around everywhere on the net to see if anyone has any spare, but having no luck, so does anyone here have or know where I can get my hands on a couple? (both long and short sleeved if possible)
Id be willing to pay
If anyone has anything email/pm me
Cheers
mysatin

Re: Looking for particular item...

Post by mysatin »

Hi satinist

Welcome to the forum!

My nearest supermarket is Sainsbury's, but I am a little puzzled - are you talking the the uniform that the staff wear or something they have for sale in-store? (from the Tu range?)

The uniform at my nearest store is dark blue with some sort of orange detail (might by fruit but I guess I never looked that close) and sometimes an orange polar fleece. The tops at my local store aren't satin though - I'm sure I would have noticed! :D Kind of like this (sorry, couldn't find a better photo) Image

Unless they are rolling out a new uniform? That would be great...

It's a bit like that show "Airline" which follows EasyJet at Luton airport - rubbish show, but when it was shot the uniform for the female EasyJet staff was a bright orange satin blouse :D
satinist

Post by satinist »

Yea the blue blouses that they are wearing in that photo is what im talking about, if they are not satin, then they are pretty close :)
Trouble is it is probably hard to be able to obtain 1 from somewhere, unless anyone is willing to sell a spare....
satinist

Post by satinist »

Also I forgot to mention, some stores already have the new plum style uniform, and the current one is eventually going to be phased out, so it will be a lot harder to obtain 1 of these blouses in the current uniform!
Hopefully someone can help me out, if anyone knows of someone who works at sainsburys and wears one of these blouses, and has 1 they can spare, please let me know!
mysatin

Post by mysatin »

I went into Sainbury's over the weekend and I only just noticed that our store had changed uniforms (although realistically this probably happened a few months back :o ). I wonder if they had to hand their old uniforms back when they got their new ones? I'll try and remember to ask next time I go in
satinist

Post by satinist »

Hmm this does mean it will probably get harder to obtain 1 of these blouses, theres still hope though!
mysatin

Post by mysatin »

Ok, I went in to do some shopping today and started talking to the checkout chick. I remarked that they had new uniforms and when did that happen? She said it was ages ago - February - when the store was refurbished :o I asked if they had to buy new uniforms and she said "no" that they don't have to buy the uniforms they get given them. Before I could ask what they did with the old ones (and not wanting to sound too creepy!) she had finished scanning all the groceries and it was time to go...

I'll see if I can ask someone next time - but in reality I suspect if the uniforms were issued then they were probably supposed to return their old uniforms and be issued with new ones (of course there will be some staff that never got round to returning the old stuff but they may be hard to find...)

Anyway, good luck in tracking one down!
satinist

Post by satinist »

Still havent had any luck in chasing 1 down as of yet, although I would of thought theres a long time before our store where I live gets the new uniforms, as this store is normally the last to get everything! All stores will have them by the end of 2009, so theres plently of time yet!
Although it would be great if I can get 1, 1 way or another :)