A good place to buy satin clothes

Found a link to a place to buy great satin clothing? Post it here
Dinosaur

A good place to buy satin clothes

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi all. Where do you usually buy your satin clothes? I have a few places as suggestions. I used them all the time.

a) Taobao for those who can read Chinese.
b) Aliexpress, but no more due to the shitty shipping and higher exchange rates now.
c) Shein. The satin clothes are great. Bought a few skirts already for my fiancée.
Satinboy67

Re: A good place to buy satin clothes

Post by Satinboy67 »

Asos.com or boohoo.com are best Ive found for satin clothing. Both shops based in UK. ASOS have great mens satin gear including satin suits and satin trousers. Found a great burgandy satin suit in search engine under " mens high shine"
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Satinboy67 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:39 am Asos.com or boohoo.com are best Ive found for satin clothing. Both shops based in UK. ASOS have great mens satin gear including satin suits and satin trousers. Found a great burgandy satin suit in search engine under " mens high shine"
Cool. I'm in South East Asia, thus I'm using the Asian sites, and these sites products are mostly manufactured in China. Well the products i usually get are hit or miss, meaning quality may be great, or sub par. So far, the best I've seen are those from Shein.com. Haven't disappoint me yet with the skirts, blouse or dresses. Even the panties are great. my wife loves them a lot. Shein ships them worldwide.
Satinboy67

Post by Satinboy67 »

A lot of Asos and boohoo satin clothing now made in turkey rather than china. Asos is esp top quality. I ve bought over 110 pieces of clothing from them since 2016, thus for that reason. It can be quite expensive to buy satin trousers and satin jackets , pjs etc but its worthwhile. Wait for specials. Often have 20 or 25% off store wide. The satin trousers just bought were $90Nz ( £45) as an example. The whole suit is £100😁
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Satinboy67 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:48 am A lot of Asos and boohoo satin clothing now made in turkey rather than china. Asos is esp top quality. I ve bought over 110 pieces of clothing from them since 2016, thus for that reason. It can be quite expensive to buy satin trousers and satin jackets , pjs etc but its worthwhile. Wait for specials. Often have 20 or 25% off store wide. The satin trousers just bought were $90Nz ( £45) as an example. The whole suit is £100😁
Haha Asian exchange rates are particularly bad, especially in my country Malaysia. Can't afford to pay 45 pounds. But ya I've seen ASOS have good stuffs, just that their prices are steeper. Back to shein, cheaper and affordable
simonr

Post by simonr »

A good place for me is Poshmark. I know some members here hate its high shipping fees (USD 7.5 for US domestic shipping), but it has a huge collection of second-hand satin dresses. It also allows offers, so if you know how to bargain, you can often get pretty good prices :)

I've bought almost all my Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dresses there, and I paid an average of only $50 for each piece (they retail for $320 from the designer).
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

simonr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 am A good place for me is Poshmark. I know some members here hate its high shipping fees (USD 7.5 for US domestic shipping), but it has a huge collection of second-hand satin dresses. It also allows offers, so if you know how to bargain, you can often get pretty good prices :)

I've bought almost all my Jenny Yoo bridesmaid dresses there, and I paid an average of only $50 for each piece (they retail for $320 from the designer).

Looks good but the shipping is crazy. Ya if buy expensive dresses then is worth it. Otherwise the 7.50 shipping is crazy.
Satinboy67

Post by Satinboy67 »

If ASOS is a bit expensive, go to boohoo.com.....much cheaper satin gear, but just as good quality. Have bought many satin shirts , satin jackets off them.. They have a new range satin shirts just come out in black, pink, green and red.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

haha i had 2 asos when exchange was $1 = 2.5 my currency in 2016

my satin pants were like pounds 35 each but its quite silky

now fcking 4.3 so i finally gave up buying there lololol
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

I have been purchasing plus satin dresses from Shein and have found 4 I really love. I just got 3 at half off plus free shipping. I await the new fall and holiday offerings now.
iSuckUrToes

Post by iSuckUrToes »

simonr wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 am A good place for me is Poshmark. I know some members here hate its high shipping fees (USD 7.5 for US domestic shipping), but it has a huge collection of second-hand satin dresses. It also allows offers, so if you know how to bargain, you can often get pretty good prices :)

I second this. I’ve gotten lots of dresses from there as well as pj sets for super cheap even with the expensive shipping. I bought 3 prom dresses and a VS gold label nightgown just recently for $50. That’s a steal. All used might I add! If anyone needs some good quality satin clothing, my name is @satinfiend you can find a lot of great sellers from looking through my following page. Many nice articles of clothing and satin ready to be loved
riccardo

Post by riccardo »

Most of my purchases come from Aliexpress, Shein, Amazon, Zalando or Vinted. Once in a while I go to local shops like H&M and Zara to check-up on their satin quality and the rush I get from feeling the fabric in the store. But I'm satisfied with most quality from the shops I just mentioned. Since most of those platforms work with resellers the quality really depends on the seller but most of that is verifyable in the review sections. The great thing about local shops and Zalando is that you can send it back if it doesn't meet your expectations.

My favorite reseller on Aliexpress is Lonxu, YZYOUTHZING Ethnic Boutiques Store.