COAT LININGS

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
SilverLining

Re: COAT LININGS

Post by SilverLining »

Lot of talk on here recently about coat linings and puffy “coats”.

Let me add my comments.

First of all, I agree with the recent comments, that I have NEVER seen a puffy “coat” with a satin lining. Nice and shiny they may be , but NEVER one with satin.

Secondly, by definition, a puffy “Coat” generally speaking, and by all pictures on here, cannot be described as a COAT. It’s a jacket.

I get very upset when my wife says she’s putting on her coat, when she picks up a short jacket. There is a complete difference. This thread is COAT LININGS on the SATIN forum !!

May I respectfully suggest that this forum starts up a separate “Puffer Jacket “ thread, and leaves “Coat linings” to the genuine satin lining lovers, of whom, many I know.

After all, it’s called SATIN FORUM

Silverlining
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Well said Silverlining
Woolcoatdreamer

Post by Woolcoatdreamer »

Could not agree more, completely different fetish
Bongoslides

Post by Bongoslides »

Great points. Couldnt agree more
davidben

Post by davidben »

Just looking again at the luxurious shiny red and black satin in the coat lining photos.

I wonder where the coat manufacturers obtain their satin coat lining from and whether the manufacturer's sell to the general public as well?

It would certainly be a very useful source for making sheets etc.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

The coat companys buy all off their satin lining material directly from the manufacturer. The problem is that most coats made after the 1980's have cheap nylon or tafeta linings, unless it's a very expensive cashmere coat etc. The best thing to do is to find a large fabric store that has a large bridal dept. If you can find a large fabric store that's been around for a long time the may have some old stock still around. Fabric stores used to sell coat lining material of all different kinds and you still may be able to find some. I used to buy acetate bridal satin to make pillow cases and most fabric stores will still have that on hand. They make different weights and thread counts so make sure you buy the good stuff your cock will really appreciate it. And don't worry about buying satin, because they will have no idea why you want it.
Happy satin fucking,
Coatfun
Woolcoatdreamer

Screenshot_20200418-233141_Gallery.jpg
Woolcoatdreamer

Screenshot_20200418-233548_OneDrive.jpg
Vabhot

Post by Vabhot »

Thanks Woolcoatdreamer your 2 last pics turn me on so hard. If I could have these two superb coats on my thighs satin side for 20 minutes each ....
davidben

Post by davidben »

Thanks Coatfun and I agree that the weight is of significance as to the quality of the material.

My understanding is that Duchesse / bridal satin needs to be 320 gm per metre for use as sheets.

However I like the idea of going into some of the older fabric shops to search for some old heavy satin material.
Many years ago I found some fab heavy royal blue satin which had been on board a ship and had got wet so was being sold off cheaply and after a good soak in cold water and then some conditioner it was great for bed sheets.

Thanks also to Satinsheets for the advice on using starch for stiffening satin; I had the idea to use Robin starch but not sure if this is still available so a spray starch would work just as well.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Getting ready to fuck my new faux fur coat. Just got it in the mail. This coat was made in the 60's and the satin lining is made from rayon slipper satin.
The attachment IMG_33zzzz9sd3_cr.jpg is no longer available
The attachment s-l1600dddddeeee.jpg is no longer available
IMG_33zzzz9sd3_cr.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

more photos
Attachments
IMG_3395.JPG
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

s-l1600dddddeeee.jpg
GOWNRAPER

Post by GOWNRAPER »

With reference to starching satin, search Kershaw's
laundry starch, follow destructions, then trial/error
with trigger or pump up spray bottle (like for plant spraying)
Get results that suit you best by multi light coats of starching
then iron when nearly dry
Hope this helps you get that new feel back to your satin garments
or sheets
jtlining70s

Post by jtlining70s »

DSC004315.jpg