General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
coastfur

Re: COAT LININGS

Post by coastfur »

Agree 100%. Still doesn't stop me loving my wool and cashmere coats
mattbh94

Post by mattbh94 »

Personally, for me, it depends on the thickness of the linings.

I actually find that a lot of the vintage coats have acetate thin linings, though you'd think they have thicker ones.

Coats from around the 80s and the 90s usually seem to be the best bet.

Cashmere and wool are great, though because Cashmere is more expensive and wool has become more accessible, I've found Cashmere to be better to find soft thicker satin linings.

Angora is a great way to find a luxury coat, which would likely have a thicker lining.

It depends also, on how you like your linings. Whether you like them thin, or not. I sometimes buy by searching for "silk lining" and then I bypass any brand I know is too cheap to include a silk lining (and therefore the owner is just saying that as a basic descriptive term as opposed to not realising they're basically selling something fake) or anything that's unbranded with no label.

Silk linings are the creme de la creme, in good quality coats.

Perfect, soft, and you get that kick out of it, because silk is so expensive, even a blouse or a jacket lined in silk can be ridiculously expensive. So a full length/long winter coat, made of wool or cashmere or a luxury fabric and then lined in silk, even if you don't know it's exact cost, they can easily go for £400 up to the thousands.

I've got a roughly RRP £1,000 Temperly London coat, (not wool, a kinda thicker cottonish kinda fabric) lined in this beautiful silk patterned lining. I love to cum in that.

Plus, patterened silk costs more than basic single colour silk.

It's all about what you like and what you want.

If it's just the fabric itself, regardless of its form, then I say go for whatever. If it's about the thickness, 80s and 90s coats, particularly the former will do you better. Go for Cashmere, and that type, try to look for really high quality looking coats, good quality winter coats.

If it's the luxury factor, then I'd say, go for silk, straight up, first.

You'll be suprised what you'll find for a reasonable amount of money. The really good stuff at affordable prices goes for £100-200 give or take. There's usually a good range.

Don't always restrict yourself to searching vintage either, there's a lot of modern coats out there, that are being listed and a lot of vintage stuff gets listed in the normal section by people that don't know how to list properly.

If you want to really go expensive, and go for the expensive coats, by name brand designers, then go in the refinements section on eBay and only tick the Luxury and Premium sections.

That gives you a good range. It'll be expensive and prices can jump into the hundreds, but if you're willing to pay £300,£400, £500 or even up to £1,000s (depending on your financial security) then you'll find coats that would normally be £2/3,000 to £5,000 plus from the worlds top designers at prices like £300/400 up to the high ends of £900 to around the middle £1,000/1,500 give or take.

I don't go for unbranded, because you never truly know what you're getting.

For me as well, I like to think in dollars as opposed to pounds because for me someone pleading with me about how their coat cost "700 dollars" or whatever, is more erotic than someone saying it cost "400 pounds". Higher number.

Same cost, but because dollars are more than pounds, the benefit is, that if you find something that is RRP'd at say, £400/500 in the UK, you can kinda add more to it in your head because you know it'd be more like £700/800 in the USA. A little trick I learned to heighten the arousal, without increasing the cost of the coat.

Another eBay trick, to find something you know is expensive, is to search for ""RRP"'. That's the regular retail price.

That's basically what it'd cost new.

You're not likely to find this in Vintage sections because they're likely handed down or people have forgotten the original price, but in modern coats, you'll be able to find coats that are going for small amounts of money, but were worth maybe £400-500 pounds.

Often, the threshold is around £500 and around that you'll find a lot of these coats only going for $40/50 to a max of a couple of hundred. These get marked down a lot and people don't realise. Above that and you'll find that a coat worth more than £500 isn't gonna be selling on the site for less than minimum of £100 and probably realistically around £200. After around £700 it jumps into costs of around £350/400 and then coats worth in the thousands that aren't commercial luxury brands (moncler, canada goose etc etc etc) as opposed to high end designer.....things like Chanel, Dior, Fendi (Ralph Lauren is pretty cheap), (not including rare luxury like the clothing makers that don't really sell to the public because they're so high end) those start to go for a small fraction less of their RRP.

High end designers can be retailed at £1,500 maybe and go for around £1,000 on eBay because they cost so much people don't lower their re-sale value.

Those are my tips on how to find high end, or really nice, patterned, luxurious looking linings and soft thick feeling linings for lower money than you'd think.
coastfur

Post by coastfur »

Excellent guide. You obviously know your subject.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I love these coats. They are from the 60's and early 70's. They are what I call granny coats, cashmere with gorgeous silk satin linings and mink collars. Very good satin fucks.
Attachments
s-l1600aaaaaaaa.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

So soft
Attachments
s-l1600aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Making me horney
Attachments
s-l1600sssssssaa.jpg
skybridge12

Post by skybridge12 »

Not a fancy brand jacket...but the feel of that lining is amazing
Attachments
2018-12-28_06-22-40.jpg
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

coatfun wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:53 pmSo soft
Loving it my friend. wish I could share it with you !
SilverLining

Post by SilverLining »

i am working away from home in Norfolk, England.

Wife joined me a few days ago. I'd managed to get a fake fur down with me (long story, dont ask).
She has been wearing this fake fur for the last week, driving me crazy knowing the lining that is in there.

She has gone back home today, and by devious means (i unstiched the coat lining so it hung below the hem - it looked ridiculous on her), she has left the coat here with me. If only she knew its future in the next two weeks !

The coat is by Astraka of London. It was expensive when new, i cant remember what I paid.

The lining says it is 100% Viscose, but Ive no idea what that means?
2595.jpg
But the lining is beautiful, thick satin like.

It has a capital "F" with a circle around it, on the label. I guess that means fuckable?
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Viscose is pretty much the same as Rayon. Both are made into high-quality satin linings. You see a lot of viscose satin in older coats. Either one make great satin fucks. I think both rayon and viscose really became popular during WWII when most silk was used for making parachutes. By the way that coat looks like a great satin fuck.
Satindestroyer

Post by Satindestroyer »

Anyone wanna watch me wank to satin on kik messenger
Satinlining

Post by Satinlining »

Hi there guys, yes the cum on the lining of the leather coat is amazing, the feel of the satin lining inside leather is just so good and I can see why you cum over it
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Dream Coat
s-l1600sq.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

s-lk1600.jpg
coastfur

Post by coastfur »