H&M vs Zara

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

Re: H&M vs Zara

Post by simonr »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 am That looks great! One of my next purchases is a H&M skirt! They seem to sell at really high prices compared to their dresses on vinted and they also sell quick!
Thanks! Oh yes, their skirts seem to sell pretty quickly indeed!

But I'm actually on the fence if I should keep this skirt. While it's shiny and silky, it's a viscose / rayon satin, which means that it cannot be washed. The last time I bought a viscose skirt from H&M, the skirt lost most of its shine as soon as I washed it in water...

So if I decide to keep this one, it's not going anywhere near the wash basin.
satinfurfun

Post by satinfurfun »

As variety, I highly recommend looking at Monsoon's lined satin skirts too. Very pretty and incredibly sexy to wear and feel.
simonr

Post by simonr »

satinfurfun wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:18 pm As variety, I highly recommend looking at Monsoon's lined satin skirts too. Very pretty and incredibly sexy to wear and feel.
Oh, that's definitely a brand I'd love to try, but I don't seem to seem any of them in the United States, nor in my home country of Singapore.

On the other hand, H&M is everywhere :)
Willissatin1501

Post by Willissatin1501 »

Got another H&M goodie! Bought some blue silky shorts which are part of a discontinued set, sadly couldn’t find the matching shirt anywhere 😣 they’re brand new with tags so I’ll see if my partner will like them, if not then more for me!
Attachments
B52677D7-0630-4A3C-863C-4C1292239CB1.jpeg
00E34457-BB49-4611-8713-0A21A4F63332.jpeg
76839F35-302C-4207-9B2D-4519FCBCFD51.jpeg
SatinSarinaSlut

Post by SatinSarinaSlut »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:11 pm I have always been a fan of satin from H&M, their 2022 autumn/winter range being my favourite with their thick satin slip dresses, shirts and skirts.

I have always wanted to buy a satin item from Zara as they always looked shiny and well fitting but the prices have always been too much to justify, even on vinted, but I got lucky with a bargain and bought a bright shiny pink slip dress through vinted and it arrived to day and… what a disappointment. It was more nylon than satin, yes it was smooth and had a bit of shine to it in certain light but other than that it definitely wasn’t satin smooth. At least I paid £6 instead of £45 retail price!

Is this just a rogue item and do Zara have a much better range of satin items (ie their blouses?) or is H&M the way to go? I’ve attached a photo of the Zara dress and the red slip dress is from H&M

Shein has a massive collection of satin. I especially love their blouses. Totally gorgeous, beautiful and oh so very slippery, shiny and silky.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:56 pm Got another H&M goodie! Bought some blue silky shorts which are part of a discontinued set, sadly couldn’t find the matching shirt anywhere 😣 they’re brand new with tags so I’ll see if my partner will like them, if not then more for me!
I think I saw that matching blue shirt in store here in California a couple of weeks back. But yes, it's in the discount section, so most probably already taken off the websites.

I didn't realize it comes with a pair of matching shorts. I'm tempted to get a set now :)
simonr

Post by simonr »

SatinSarinaSlut wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:46 pm Shein has a massive collection of satin. I especially love their blouses. Totally gorgeous, beautiful and oh so very slippery, shiny and silky.
I've tried Shein a few times. Its free return policy is a huge plus for me, since I'm very picky about what I keep in my collection. However, I found the quality of their satin fabric very inconsistent. Some of the best satin in my collection is from Shein. At the same time, 90% of the items I got from them are just not silky enough, soft enough or shiny enough.
satinfurfun

Post by satinfurfun »

Agree about Shein. Very low success rate with the quality of purchases from them.
Willissatin1501

Would be great to see what items you’ve bought from shein that have been a success, a link to the item would be even better!
silkcrest

Post by silkcrest »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:56 pm Got another H&M goodie! Bought some blue silky shorts which are part of a discontinued set, sadly couldn’t find the matching shirt anywhere 😣 they’re brand new with tags so I’ll see if my partner will like them, if not then more for me!
I tried to buy this one but it was unfortunately out of stock! How is the feeling of it? It's a beautiful color and has a nice shine to it!
Willissatin1501

silkcrest wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:56 pm
I tried to buy this one but it was unfortunately out of stock! How is the feeling of it? It's a beautiful color and has a nice shine to it!
I won’t lie it’s a very good quality satin they’ve used. My next aim is to get the shirt as well! Try eBay, vinted etc
simonr

Post by simonr »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:48 pm Would be great to see what items you’ve bought from shein that have been a success, a link to the item would be even better!
This is one of the Shein satin dresses that I really loved: https://sg.shein.com/SHEIN-Draped-Split ... gRatio=3-4

Unfortunately it's now sold out. Even if it's not, I'm not sure if you can get one as good as mine. True to their reputation of inconsistent quality, I've bought 6 dresses of this exact same design, only one was of the great quality satin. Another one was good enough for me to keep. The other 4 have all been returned.
Willissatin1501

simonr wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:17 am
Willissatin1501 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:48 pm Would be great to see what items you’ve bought from shein that have been a success, a link to the item would be even better!
This is one of the Shein satin dresses that I really loved: https://sg.shein.com/SHEIN-Draped-Split ... gRatio=3-4

Unfortunately it's now sold out. Even if it's not, I'm not sure if you can get one as good as mine. True to their reputation of inconsistent quality, I've bought 6 dresses of this exact same design, only one was of the great quality satin. Another one was good enough for me to keep. The other 4 have all been returned.
Oh wow that looks amazing, it’s a shame it’s sold out let alone a hit and miss with several items. I may have a look over the weekend a put an order in if I’m brave enough
simonr

Post by simonr »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 pm Oh wow that looks amazing, it’s a shame it’s sold out let alone a hit and miss with several items. I may have a look over the weekend a put an order in if I’m brave enough
You don't really have to be brave :) They usually offer free shipping for orders over a pretty low threshold, and if you return all the unwanted items in one package, the return is free too. You essentially allow them to hold a few dozen dollars (or quids for folks in the UK) for a couple of weeks.
satingoldrush

Post by satingoldrush »

Wifey has a bunch of these. They're so soft and silky!