Why not everyone?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
soochasatin

Why not everyone?

Post by soochasatin »

Why not everyone?
I have a question in my mind for a long time that all human beings are born with same nature I mean food, clothing, walking, talking etc then how does it come that they differ in love for satin silk. Some love satin, value it, respect it and consider it something very precious than many other things while other have no attraction for it, think it a normal thing and handle it just like something ordinary. They don't feel unusual by its sight or touch etc. Kindly share your expert views in this regard that why is this fetish not common plz?
deepinshine

Re: Why not everyone?

Post by deepinshine »

Well, that is a very good question.

I have actually talked about such topics with people around me, and what I have found is that, everybody has their preference, and it is exactly like you said, some people don't think such shiny fabrics are attractive, but they should have something else as their fetish or preference. But based on my observation, I think there might be a large number of people who relates satin and silk with sex, but they just don't speak it out loudly. The reason could be multiple, some may be to shy to say it, some may think it might not be a good idea to share because they think it might be weird to other people, some may consider it as a revealing of his/her secret.

It is very interesting as i have talked to some ladies around me, most of them said they don't like to wear satin clothes in public because they think such fabrics make them look slutty, but they all agree that it is a very smooth and beautiful fabric and they like it in private occasions. An example, one lady had told me long before that she only likeed cotton clothes because it feels nice, but later when we were dating, I found she was very much into satin, in fact she has quite many in her wardrobe, and Yes, she does like that in sex.

Also another observation of mine, I noticed that most ladies i know who are okay with wearing satin clothings in public are more "thirsty" inside than others, but just from their appearance / outfits, it is not easy to tell, because they seldom behave flirty. So I guess even if they are really into satin / silk fabrics, they wouldn't say it because it relates to the inner side that they don't want others to know.

Of course, all of those things I have said are related to people around me, I could never say such observations could apply to everybody but my personal opinion. More than welcome to judge~
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

It is a fascinating question! I can really only speak for myself on this subject, but is clear to me that satin is universally regarded as a lavish and opulent fabric from its use in clothing for special occasions such as wedding dresses or evening gowns. And it's soft, silky texture is used in lingerie and nightwear for its delicate, sensual feel to the touch and against the skin. I think most people find satin invokes and sense of glamour and sex appeal to some degree.

We are constantly bombarded with images of glamour and sex in movies, TV and advertising. Satin was ubiquitous in these sexy images and movies when I was growing up! :D All those images can seriously influence an impressionable young mind so perhaps I have learned to associate satin with glamour, femininity and of course sex! And if you also love the wonderful sensation of satin against the skin, then you have all the ingredients you need for a life-long, overwhelming love, passion and 'fetish' for satin.

And I feel so lucky!
Satinesque

Post by Satinesque »

How could anybody look at the shine and feel that exquisite Silkiness, and not worship it, right there, on the spot. It's stunned me, over the years, that some people seem to have an attitude towards Satin that means that they might as well be describing a cheap poly-cotton shirt. It's almost like they had something wrong with them, mentally, and maybe even have no sense of the erotic and sensual. I've never understood it. They obviously have no idea what they're missing, or they'd not be missing it. How could anybody not adore this...
:
IMG_0622-3-22222.JPG
:
...and, it's not even one of my best in the collection, either.
"Slippery, When Dry!"
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

Cassandra wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:01 pm We are constantly bombarded with images of glamour and sex in movies, TV and advertising. Satin was ubiquitous in these sexy images and movies when I was growing up! :D All those images can seriously influence an impressionable young mind so perhaps I have learned to associate satin with glamour, femininity and of course sex! And if you also love the wonderful sensation of satin against the skin, then you have all the ingredients you need for a life-long, overwhelming love, passion and 'fetish' for satin.

And I feel so lucky!
That is a spot on observation. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, satin was always associated with sexual pleasure. From watching movies on HBO where satin sheets were always involved in a good love making scene, to women in glamour in those opulent satin gowns, fur coats with thick satin linings donned by scantily clad women, it was a great time. Much different then today where people are "out there" with their sexuality. Not that this is a bad thing, but back then, there was something about satin on a woman's body that called your attention to her above others- you knew she felt like a dream come true as her every intimate part of her physique was clad in the delicate material. I think this is what made it's impression on me for sure.
Donotuy

Post by Donotuy »

It seems to me that representatives of absolutely any fetish can ask such a question and not understand why other people don't like it. We are all different, we have different life stories, different environments, characters, symbols... In addition, a fetish is another way of identifying people with their own and others', it is easier for the brain to perceive the world this way. Involving other people in your fetish can also be part of a sex game.
As for the satin itself, the ideas that you have outlined here are close to me. I want to add that satin is a very important part of the life of any of us, and for other people it is something episodic, something without which they can feel good, and they have no need for satin.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

promdresslover wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:21 pm
Cassandra wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:01 pm We are constantly bombarded with images of glamour and sex in movies, TV and advertising. Satin was ubiquitous in these sexy images and movies when I was growing up! :D All those images can seriously influence an impressionable young mind so perhaps I have learned to associate satin with glamour, femininity and of course sex! And if you also love the wonderful sensation of satin against the skin, then you have all the ingredients you need for a life-long, overwhelming love, passion and 'fetish' for satin.

And I feel so lucky!
That is a spot on observation. Growing up in the 80s and 90s, satin was always associated with sexual pleasure. From watching movies on HBO where satin sheets were always involved in a good love making scene, to women in glamour in those opulent satin gowns, fur coats with thick satin linings donned by scantily clad women, it was a great time. Much different then today where people are "out there" with their sexuality. Not that this is a bad thing, but back then, there was something about satin on a woman's body that called your attention to her above others- you knew she felt like a dream come true as her every intimate part of her physique was clad in the delicate material. I think this is what made it's impression on me for sure.
this is 80s remixed before 2020 :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR49dyo-y0E

long live the late pop QUEEN :wink: :wink:

same goes with satiny cloths

as much as 80s satin was THE THING back then but i also never forgotten the impact of modern satin that bring me 2 this wild fantasy :twisted: :twisted: