Satin these days vs. old day satin

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Silky007

Satin these days vs. old day satin

Post by Silky007 »

Do you also think that satin these days is made with different quality compare to the old day satin??
Satinsheets

Re: Satin these days vs. old day satin

Post by Satinsheets »

Yes definitely. Basically there was rayon satin, then acetate satin. Those were the best. Rayon made the best nightgowns and acetate made the best satin sheets. Then along came polyester and there's a plethera of different polyesters out there. Some are good and others not so good. I've found that we who follow this forum all have different tastes, likes and dislikes on the different types of satin available and have chosen as such. Cheers.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

I’ve noticed a pattern that all the old timers prefer acetate from the old days. However, I can’t really find any of that stuff to compare these days. The ones I have found are more modern and the fabric is okay but not as great as Polyester. However, maybe the fabric isn’t as good as it was in the old days. But where would someone go to find the good acetate satin?
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Freddie; Your guess is as good as mine. Acetate satin seems to have disappeared from the scene due to higher cost and polyester costs much less so you know what wins out when it comes to business costs and profit margins. Luckily there are some very nice satin garments out there to satisfy our desires. Cheers buddy.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

go vintage

thats the only way 2 hunt classic satin

just like how peeps hunt like a boss the 1950s ferrari

a lot of hard work but the satisfaction skys rocket once you hands on it :lol: 8)