General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
coatfun

Re: Questions About Satin Sheets

Post by coatfun »

SATIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

I've been wearing socks to bed for many years so as not to scuff my satin sheets. They are still in excellent shape as I wash them in cold water, iron and starch them and so far so good even after 10 or 15 years. I see there were 2 sets of gold king acetate satin sheet sets from Victoria Secret for $129 each plus shipping. Both sold and since I have that color I passed. I did score a set of king royal blue vintage acetate satin sheets from Sears on ebay for $42 plus shipping. She accepted a best offer so I really scored a color I've wanted for a long time. They were only on auction for about 15 minutes so luckily I found them before anyone else. They will be loved on Christmas eve. There's a gorgeous coral vintage set on ebay now. Good price and a queen set. If they were king, I'd have them. Cheers.
Satinesque

Post by Satinesque »

I sometimes use Satin sheets, held in place, somewhere, as the background to my photographs and I can see the attraction. Also, when I am between Satin sheets, I wear socks to protect the Satin, and I spend an hour on my fingernails, just to be extra cautious about protecting them.
"Slippery, When Dry!"
satinlover13

Post by satinlover13 »

Nice! I love them.
Satinesque

Post by Satinesque »

You guys are true lovers of Satin, considering the trouble/s you go to/through, to keep the Satin safe!

Satin was sent to us from the Gods, and I will forever spurt my gratitude to them! :D
"Slippery, When Dry!"
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

The wife said it is time for new satin duvet covers. She will not sleep unless it is one satin or silk. We sleep "German" Style, meaning we each have a twin duvet cover so we do not steal the other's satin. So we use a queen size sateen fitted sheet as the base because it is too slippery with everything else satin. We sleep on satin pillows, satin nightwear and satin duvet covers over twin comforters.

I was also used twin fitted sheets to over the comforter. The comforter does escape at times. My wife sews the flat satin sheets together for travel bed liners. She is ultra sensitive to texture and cannot stand the stiff cotton.
Attachments
satincomfort1.JPG
Lovesatinblouses

Post by Lovesatinblouses »

We will be getting Satin sheets for the bed once the cat is gone. Had a cheap set before and the cat absolutely ruined them with her claws