British high street stores

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
SatinDeejay

British high street stores

Post by SatinDeejay »

Does anybody miss the old British high street? What I mean is the likes of BHS and M&S to some extent, they used to have the best choice of satin nightwear, I used to love going into BHS and trying the nighties on.

I used to go in all the time, I remember once I went in the store and picked up 2 or 3 nighties and a pair of satin pyjamas, I went into the mens dressing room and the lady by the door just smiled at me knowing I clearly had a fetish and I was going to cover myself in womens satin. I remember getting very excited, I bought the lot. The lady even told me to enjoy them…..I definitely did!

Has anybody else got a story like this?
Cassandra

Re: British high street stores

Post by Cassandra »

I miss BHS too and now Debenhams. Thankfully M&S is still going though. I have many fond memories of admiring their window displays and lusting after the silky lingerie, beautifully draped on the mannequins. Especially around Christmas time. It took me a long time to pluck up the courage to go in and buy something but when I did it was such a rush. Bushing and hands shaking with nervous excitement. The girl at the till must have known it but I kind of like that feeling. I remember it so well- a gorgeous cream satin camisole and french knicker set with a shimmery jacquard design. Very 1980's but so pretty , feminnine and sexy. And when I got home and slipped it them on for the first time, well...you can imagine!

That was the beginning of the end for me! :lol: I wish I still had it as you don't see things like that any more sadly.
SlinkyPaula

Post by SlinkyPaula »

I had a similar experience trying to by a thong (or ten) ... the sales girl was so nice, pretty, cute. But it put me off ... but thats my problem
satinsmooth

Post by satinsmooth »

I could never pluck up the courage to make it obvious it was for me...
But as a youngster I used to drift around the satin robes and pajamas and see which staff were working in that area.
If it was a good looking woman I would ask her if I could 'pick her brains' in regards to sizes of the robes for who I was apparently buying them for, she would ask how tall etc while she was sifting through robes and pulling out sizes she thought might have fitted based on my info. I was stood there face glowing red but it was such a thrill seeing her handling the satin right in front of me and imagining her wearing them.
There was one memorable instance near christmas time where I discovered some pajamas with the wrap over top and tie belt, my favourite style of all time, and the girl must have been extra festive staff and she was absolutely stunning a very very good looking girl, my heart was pounding just approaching her never mind speaking to her, eventually I managed to get her attention and guided her over to the pajamas, she was very friendly and really happy to help this lad who was at this time probably as red as a beetroot. we discussed the pajamas and I was now as hard as it was possible to be, I felt that it was probably very obvious, but my coat may have just covered the straining bulge. Then I has a brainwave, I mentioned actually she (my phantom recipient) was about the same size as the girl helping me, which size would fit ? so she sifted through the pajamas and pulled a set out with the pj bottoms hanging inside. I plucked up more courage and said it would be difficult to get back if they were not the right size and really wanted to get this right, she was about the same size, maybe if you tried that top on we might know for sure....she kind if faltered taking in what I said and I was thinking shit shit shit, cover blown ! but then she realised that I was meaning just over the top of what she was wearing now, which was a thin blouse, she slid it off the hanger and slid it on while I held the hanger, I thought I couldn't actually get any harder downstairs at this point...I was longing to ask her if she could wrap the top over and tie the belt just to make sure but the second she knew it fitted her she slipped it straight off again and smiled saying yes that should be fine...she was so helpful and I felt elated as I thanked her and left the shop with the memory of slipping on the pajamas top right in front of me
maxell

Post by maxell »

There seems to be two issues at play here for the satin enthusiast. Not only have some of the larger stores sadly disappeared from the High Street with their racks of silk and satin nightwear and lingerie but also that fashions have sunk into flannel and fleece "comfort" clothing. The glamour has largely gone!

In addition to the larger stores though, there are quite a number of smaller independent bridal shops that have closed down, put out of business partly because of the current malarky in the short term and partly not being able to compete with cheap chinese stuff easily available online (although I have to say that I have two gorgeous Ian Stuart, Mother-of-the-Bride outfits, both made in China!)

One of my joys is admiring bridal gowns and Mother-of-the-Bride outfits in these shop windows. Again, sadly, fashions seem to be moving away from luxurious satins to tulle, chiffon, lace and bling, so they hold less and less interest.

My wife and I once went to a closing down sale in a small local bridal/occasionwear shop some years ago. I'd picked out a lovely deep red satin mermaid gown for her to try on (she used to like to dress up for the ballroon dances we used to go to). Sadly it was a little too big for her. "Should I buy it for my sister?" she said (who was that size and also used to dance). I said that it might not fit her and/or that she might not like it anyway. When we left the shop, she turned to say that she had actually meant that it would have fitted me and that we should buy it but had used her sister as a cover story. I had missed the point completely! Anyway, after a suitable plausible heart-pumping interval, we went back hoping no-one had bought it in the meantime (they hadn't), said she'd changed her mind and it now hangs in pride of place in my wardrobe.

Happy days...
BillyBob

Post by BillyBob »

I loved the 1980/90s high street shops; M&S, BHS, C&A, etc. It seemed to be a golden era for satin clothes.

I remember taking my girlfriend clothes shopping. Even though I wanted my GF to buy nothing but satin, I would be careful not to make my satin fetish too obvious. I would randomly choose clothes that I didn't want her to buy but include something in satin. She would try on the clothes and ask my opinion, and as you can guess I would lavish compliments when she wore the satin outfit.

On one occasion we completed a shopping trip with satin bra & panties, red satin strapless dress, cream satin dress, and satin camisole; I'm sure there must have been other outfits but I just don't remember what.

The same day we went to a night club with my GF wearing the red satin dress; I felt she was the sexiest girl in the place. It was like living a dream and to this day such a wonderful memory.