Satin Shiny/Soft on Both Sides

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
coatfun

Re: Satin Shiny/Soft on Both Sides

Post by coatfun »

I have a vintage black satin dress that is the same on both sides. both sides are some of the silkiest smooth satin. I have never seen satin like it anywhere and I have quite a collection It's too small for me to wear, but I bet it would feel so sexy to wear it on my naked body.
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

Depends. Some fabrics for satin can be double sided though they can be more expensive.

This is a 100% silk double sided satin piece I own. I can’t recall how much it is per yard and forgot how much I paid for this handkerchief sized portion but it is shiny and smooth on both sides. I believe it’s more than $30 per yard/meter, which is why I hardly pursued any more than this. Can’t really confirm actual pricing though. It is quite nice but since it’s a heavier weight silk, I tend to go for much lighter, more flowing silks.

I hear the lighter weight of the double sided silk satin can damage much more easily compared to the normal silk satin due to its weave. Probably why you don’t see that type of satin very often. Very expensive and more fragile.
Attachments
30D4E567-1B0E-47EE-9E59-03380F039102.jpeg
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

franksatinlover

Post by franksatinlover »

I have always dreamed of such satin blouses that would be slippery on the inside but I have never found one. Once I asked a seamstress to sew a thin satin lining into my favorite blouse with the slippery side facing in and the effect was fantastic when I put it on, the excitement was enormous.
xseekerx70

Post by xseekerx70 »

Its really rare to find dresses, blouses or skirts that are slippery on both sides. Its been my particular niche for the fetish and over the years the only samples I've come across are either high-end wedding gowns (priced upward of 4k each) or two layers of single-sided fabric sewn back-to-back. And for mass-market consumer stuff, you'll find that the layer against the skin is usually an inferior material compared to the outer layer.

RE IRLPS's double-faced silk satin, I thank him for introducing it to me all those years ago, since then I have had men's seamless-front boxers made exclusively in that fabric. At around $60 a pop (used to be ~$30 years ago) this isn't cheap, but its durable enough to last a year of daily wear and nothing even comes close to how they feel on the skin. Even though the fabric weight is 40mm, I definitely find that its less durable than 30mm single-sided fabric, the surface pills/frays a little more easily but unlike poly/rayon, it doesn't get stiff/scratchy due to pilling.
msallow

Post by msallow »

JS8990 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:42 am Hi,

Are there any items of satin clothing which are shiny on the inside just like they are on the outside? Or is this not possible due to the weaving process?

It still feels great either way but have always been curious why the inside is a bit more dull and not quite as soft.

J
Well, maybe not quite the same thing but I have the most awesome polyester long sleeve button up polyester shirt.
It doesn't look anything special on the outside, but the inside is wonderfully soft and smooth.
It's quite a heavy fabric and makes the most wonderful swooshing sound as the smooth side slides over me.
It feels heavenly too of course being gently carressed and teased by it every time I move.
A wonderful, wonderful garment to wear.
B1982

Post by B1982 »

Backs of suit waistcoats are just as shiny and smooth on the inside as on the outside. That’s why I enjoy them.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Double-sided satin is an actual thing. You probably can't find many items with that fabric, because the fabric is a pain to work with. It slips constantly when the taylors try to sew it.

A friend of mine went to a high-end fashion design school, and his final year project was a gown made of double-sided satin. For a few months, he complained every other day on Facebook about it...
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Yes. I have some dresses that are like this.
jellyjazz

Post by jellyjazz »

Meshki make all their satin double sided. Hands down the sexiest modern satin clothing brand out there. Got my gf skirt, trousers from them.
ssslipery

Post by ssslipery »

I used to get this effect wearing several of my mums nighties at the same time. I would put the first one on inside out so I had the shiny satin next to my skin, then I would put a 2nd satin nightie on the right way round. Finally, I would lay a third nightie or one of her satin (or silk) dresses on the bed and slide up and down against it. Used to have the most intense orgasms from all those silky slippery sensations. Still do the same thing today using wifes things combined with my own purchases.
franksatinlover

Post by franksatinlover »

For bondage and torture games, I usually wear a satin blouse inside out, shiny satin to the leather, and then I wear an elegant silk blouse with a ruffle. Downstairs I wear a blue wedding dress skirt that has several layers of satin and a slippery lining on the skin side. In such a set I feel fantastic and I am extremely excited and the little pain I experience during torture turns into an additional great pleasure and I can suffer like this for long hours while experiencing fantastic orgasms.
100d7102.jpg