Anyone from Malaysia?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by simonr »

AlanaRaso wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 am Are there used clothing stores in KL to buy Satin Baju Kurung?

I will be in KL for three weeks in November. Are there used clothing stores where I can buy Satin Malaysian outfits?
I'm asking this as in the US, the quality of satin was much better from the 1980s through the early 2000s than it is now.
I've seen images of so many beautiful satin clothing from Malaysia, I'd like to buy some to bring home (hopefully in larger sizes)
If the older outfits have better satin (heavier & creamier) I would prefer those.

Thanks!
Not sure about physical second-hand stores, since I don't live in Malaysia, but I know an online second-hand platform called "Carousell" where there are many second-hand satin baju kurungs. The price is generally very good (<10USD including domestic shipping). I've purchased satin kurungs there and asked the sellers to ship them over the strait to Singapore. You can download the app and set your location to Malaysia, or head over to www.carousell.com.my if you prefer to look at websites on your computer.
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

Not sure about physical second-hand stores, since I don't live in Malaysia, but I know an online second-hand platform called "Carousell" where there are many second-hand satin baju kurungs. The price is generally very good (<10USD including domestic shipping). I've purchased satin kurungs there and asked the sellers to ship them over the strait to Singapore. You can download the app and set your location to Malaysia, or head over to www.carousell.com.my if you prefer to look at websites on your computer.
Thanks Simonr,
I am looking and have seen some very nice outfits - unfortunately not in my size. I will continue the search.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

haha any luck after 9 days?

:lol: :lol:
SatinSilkSupply

Post by SatinSilkSupply »

AlanaRaso wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:05 pm
Thanks Simonr,
I am looking and have seen some very nice outfits - unfortunately not in my size. I will continue the search.
Ya any luck for you?
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

free bump :lol:
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

szewei85 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:17 pm free bump :lol:
Hahaha I forgotten about my room also. Hahaha
szewei85