Anyone from Malaysia?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:44 am

Hi all. Anyone from Malaysia in this forum. As far as I know, there's another person from Malaysia. Who else. If you're shy just pm me. Males and females no problem. Not sharing any videos or whatever shit. Just wanna know what you guys do during this MCO. For those from Malaysia and Singapore, can share your buying experience and places you buy for yourself, for your other half or etc (some practices incest, God knows, may have bought for your sister, mother, aunt, daughter. Just come for a chit chat.

Singaporeans are welcomed too.

simonr
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by simonr » Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm

Singaporean here. Though I'm staying in the US for work at the moment.

Back in Singapore, I like to shop in the Malay cultural area near Paya Lebar. I had a few bad experience shopping online, so nowadays I prefer to touch the satin fabric before forking out my hard-earned cash :D

SatinSilkSupply
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by SatinSilkSupply » Mon May 04, 2020 12:32 am

Yes Malaysian here haha always enjoy satin.

SatinSilkSupply
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by SatinSilkSupply » Mon May 04, 2020 12:35 am

SatinSilkSupply wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:32 am
Yes Malaysian here haha always enjoy satin. Purchase satin in Carousell & enjoy.
MCO a bit hard to purchase item at shop but online will be the best way and safer for social distance.

Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am

simonr wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm
Singaporean here. Though I'm staying in the US for work at the moment.

Back in Singapore, I like to shop in the Malay cultural area near Paya Lebar. I had a few bad experience shopping online, so nowadays I prefer to touch the satin fabric before forking out my hard-earned cash :D
Haha I just can't simply walk in to shops to buy though. Looks weird but I buy for my gf. Still it's weird, so I just shop online. True that quality is quite bad online. But then again, it's just to see her wear and fulfill my fetish. Haha there are some she likes alot and will wear often. Some, she hardly wear coz it's a little troublesome, like those satin/silk office blouses coz she still do filing in office. Previously scratched one of the more expensive blouse. Thereafter, she don't wear for office anymore, but for our outing purpose only.

Anyway great to know there are places they sell such clothes in Singapore.

Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Mon May 04, 2020 4:36 am

SatinSilkSupply wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:35 am
SatinSilkSupply wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:32 am
Yes Malaysian here haha always enjoy satin. Purchase satin in Carousell & enjoy.
MCO a bit hard to purchase item at shop but online will be the best way and safer for social distance.
Wanna show what have you bough in carousel. You can just share the link or the photo here. I am living in selangor now. I like those Japanese second hand shops coz they have a silk/satin lining beneath the chiffon skirt. Like those we watch in porn_hub. I can't find those even in Taobao. Guess only Japanese wears them. But this shitty mco came at the wrong time. Shop cannot operate, can't bring my gf go select a few again. Sien

SatinSilkSupply
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by SatinSilkSupply » Wed May 06, 2020 6:46 am

Ops my mistake I’m not purchased item at Carousell.
I purchased at Lazada 😂.
This is what I purchased really nice.
Attachments
45F1A30E-013A-4FFE-8579-F0099B0BCF61.jpeg
45F1A30E-013A-4FFE-8579-F0099B0BCF61.jpeg (15.8 KiB) Viewed 4069 times

Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Fri May 08, 2020 2:07 am

SatinSilkSupply wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:46 am
Ops my mistake I’m not purchased item at Carousell.
I purchased at Lazada 😂.
This is what I purchased really nice.
Ah that looks good. Wanted to buy that for my gf, but her wardrobe already filled with satin nighties. And since we're still renting room pending the completion of our condo unit, I don't wanna buy more yet. No privacy as we're sharing house with other ppl. Will look to that in the future. Any skirts or blouses that any Malaysians or Singaporeans would like to share?

I usually buy on shopee, Taobao, aliexpress and lazada. There's one new skirt I'm gonna buy for my gf soon. Looks good

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXcYDI5

User avatar
szewei85
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:36 pm
Location: somewhere in malaysia :)

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by szewei85 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:00 pm

wassup

here is my classic thread on my favorite satin of all time

once i dive in malay style satin i just cant look on other clothing satin anymore hahahaha

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2271

6 years and still going strong :lol: :lol:
Dinosaur wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am
simonr wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm
Singaporean here. Though I'm staying in the US for work at the moment.

Back in Singapore, I like to shop in the Malay cultural area near Paya Lebar. I had a few bad experience shopping online, so nowadays I prefer to touch the satin fabric before forking out my hard-earned cash :D
Haha I just can't simply walk in to shops to buy though. Looks weird but I buy for my gf. Still it's weird, so I just shop online. True that quality is quite bad online. But then again, it's just to see her wear and fulfill my fetish. Haha there are some she likes alot and will wear often. Some, she hardly wear coz it's a little troublesome, like those satin/silk office blouses coz she still do filing in office. Previously scratched one of the more expensive blouse. Thereafter, she don't wear for office anymore, but for our outing purpose only.

Anyway great to know there are places they sell such clothes in Singapore.
haha deng. i think satin blouse looks great when the girls are working outdoor sales. less inside office type. any agent selling insurance will more likely 2 wear those blouses with satin skirt and satin jackets. i will not recommend admin girls 2 wear satin. hahahaha.

Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Tue May 12, 2020 6:37 am

szewei85 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 5:00 pm
wassup

here is my classic thread on my favorite satin of all time

once i dive in malay style satin i just cant look on other clothing satin anymore hahahaha

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2271

6 years and still going strong :lol: :lol:

Baju kurung is nice. Sadly it's my gf. And she highly won't wear it because Malaysia weather is so hot. I wanted to buy those midi length satin skirt for her, she also reject. She says can only knee length at max coz too hot.
Dinosaur wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am
simonr wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm
Singaporean here. Though I'm staying in the US for work at the moment.

Back in Singapore, I like to shop in the Malay cultural area near Paya Lebar. I had a few bad experience shopping online, so nowadays I prefer to touch the satin fabric before forking out my hard-earned cash :D
Haha I just can't simply walk in to shops to buy though. Looks weird but I buy for my gf. Still it's weird, so I just shop online. True that quality is quite bad online. But then again, it's just to see her wear and fulfill my fetish. Haha there are some she likes alot and will wear often. Some, she hardly wear coz it's a little troublesome, like those satin/silk office blouses coz she still do filing in office. Previously scratched one of the more expensive blouse. Thereafter, she don't wear for office anymore, but for our outing purpose only.

Anyway great to know there are places they sell such clothes in Singapore.
haha deng. i think satin blouse looks great when the girls are working outdoor sales. less inside office type. any agent selling insurance will more likely 2 wear those blouses with satin skirt and satin jackets. i will not recommend admin girls 2 wear satin. hahahaha.


Haha I don't quite care. Just wanna see my girl in it. She wears to work and during our weekend outings. But for the skirt in the link I shared, is only for weekend outings. I once caught a 30+ man looking at my gf in satin skirt and blouse when we were out window shopping. Gave me the pride that ppl find my gf hot. Haha

AlanaRaso
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by AlanaRaso » Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm

I have been wanting to travel to Malaysia for several years now. We were supposed to go in March. Once travel is back, my wife and I want to go to Singapore, Kl and Penang for several weeks. My wife is very supportive of my satin hobby and happily wears silks and satins. Would there be any problem for a non-muslim woman purchasing traditional Baju Kurung clothing? Before she has purchased outfits for herself and her "larger sister."

Dinosaur
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by Dinosaur » Wed May 13, 2020 1:27 am

AlanaRaso wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm
I have been wanting to travel to Malaysia for several years now. We were supposed to go in March. Once travel is back, my wife and I want to go to Singapore, Kl and Penang for several weeks. My wife is very supportive of my satin hobby and happily wears silks and satins. Would there be any problem for a non-muslim woman purchasing traditional Baju Kurung clothing? Before she has purchased outfits for herself and her "larger sister."
hi there. good to hear your wife is supportive of your hobby. anyway there is no problem in purchasing for non-muslims. in fact you're more than welcome as you're giving sales to those shops. but be warned, silk and satin traditional baju kurung is tough to find these days. most of the Muslim ladies today mostly wear cotton or chiffon lace type. silk and satin baju kurung are now more of a luxury thing, thus not only price, but if you want physical shop rather than online purchase, u must really walk around a lot.

another reason muslim ladies are moving away from silk and satin, is because baju kurung are long till the ankle. it's not easy to take care, as many take trains or drives, and the chance of scratching them is really high, thus spoiling the great fabric and material. when I was younger, my school teacher wears them till the feet, and was practically dragging it on the ground.

anyway, the travel ban will be around for quite some time. even the second hand Japanese clothing shop around my area is still close. I like the skirts there coz most Japanese skirts come with inner silk lining which is great.

simonr
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by simonr » Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 am

Dinosaur wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am
Haha I just can't simply walk in to shops to buy though. Looks weird but I buy for my gf. Still it's weird, so I just shop online. True that quality is quite bad online. But then again, it's just to see her wear and fulfill my fetish. Haha there are some she likes alot and will wear often. Some, she hardly wear coz it's a little troublesome, like those satin/silk office blouses coz she still do filing in office. Previously scratched one of the more expensive blouse. Thereafter, she don't wear for office anymore, but for our outing purpose only.

Anyway great to know there are places they sell such clothes in Singapore.
Oh yeah, it's kind of weird to go into a physical shop. It took me a while to get comfortable doing it. Now I just tell the shop keeper that I'm looking for a costume for my wife for racial harmony day (a once-a-year event where school girls and teachers dress up in other races' traditional clothes). Once I tell them that, the shop keepers generally stop asking any further questions. They are simply happy to earn my money :D

simonr
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by simonr » Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 am

AlanaRaso wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm
I have been wanting to travel to Malaysia for several years now. We were supposed to go in March. Once travel is back, my wife and I want to go to Singapore, Kl and Penang for several weeks. My wife is very supportive of my satin hobby and happily wears silks and satins. Would there be any problem for a non-muslim woman purchasing traditional Baju Kurung clothing? Before she has purchased outfits for herself and her "larger sister."
Like Dinosaur said, non-Malay are perfectly welcome to walk into a shop and buy baju kurungs and kebayas (a fancier, more form-fitting Malay clothing). I have done so many times!

Unfortunately, again like Dinosaur mentioned, satin kurungs and kebayas are getting harder and harder to find these days. They are mostly festive clothing nowadays. Even for those, the designers like to put a layer of lace on top of the satin, which is a huge turn-off for me...

If you get to travel to Singapore, I would recommend Joo Chiat Complex near Paya Lebar MRT station. It caters to Malay weddings and festivals, so it has the highest density of satin kurungs and kebayas I can find in Singapore. The nearby Tajong Katong Complex also has some satin stuffs, but not as many as Joo Chiat Complex.

simonr
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:06 am

Re: Anyone from Malaysia?

Post by simonr » Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 am

AlanaRaso wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm
I have been wanting to travel to Malaysia for several years now. We were supposed to go in March. Once travel is back, my wife and I want to go to Singapore, Kl and Penang for several weeks. My wife is very supportive of my satin hobby and happily wears silks and satins. Would there be any problem for a non-muslim woman purchasing traditional Baju Kurung clothing? Before she has purchased outfits for herself and her "larger sister."
It's funny. I just realized that you are from the San Francisco Bay Area. I moved here from Singapore last year for work. Is there any shops you can recommend in this area for satin shopping? :D

Post Reply