Patterned Linings or Plain Linings???

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
mattbh94

Patterned Linings or Plain Linings???

Post by mattbh94 »

Something I've noticed on some of the posts is that it seems people on here like plain linings over patterned linings.

Personally, I find a coat sexier if it's got more of a contrasting lining.

Unfortunately it makes searching for coats that much harder. More often than not nowadays coat manufacturers are using coat linings that match the outer-shell colour. For me that makes it a bit too plain. I think it's because when I was growing up, all the cheap coats and jackets had plain linings because it's obviously, cost effective, and the more eccentric or expensive/luxury/designer ones had more patterned linings etc.

Wonder which one you people actually prefer and why?
quibble

Re: Patterned Linings or Plain Linings???

Post by quibble »

Have a look at Jacques Vert or Ted Baker women's coats - neither are cheap but are often on eBay. Both normally have super satiny patterned linings and feel amazing
mattbh94

Post by mattbh94 »

Yeah, I've fucked both. Though I've never seen a patterned Jacques Vert. All the ones I've seen are contrast but plain single colour linings. They are satiny though.

I used to LOVE Ted Baker. Partially the cost and partially because of the linings. The thing is I've realised that the sleeve linings are a thinner single colour lining.

Some of their coats have gorgeous body linings but their sleeve linings kinda ruin it for me. I rather bit more to be full body. Plus they've started getting worse now. Their linings used to be silky looking but now they look quite thin. It's a shame. Wish they weren't so popular as well. It's more fun fucking a coat that's expensive and hard to get a hold of. Ted Baker's too popular now. Everyone and their mother uses them. They're supposed to be expensive at £200/£300+ but they're everywhere. Kinda devalues it a little.

But that's a conversation for another thread looool!!!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Most of mine are just solid colored, but I have a few that have satin animal print linings. It’s a sexy contrast.
quibble

Post by quibble »

Have a look at this Jacques Vert coat as an example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jacques-Vert ... ect=mobile

Not mine but I've worn and fucked one that is very very similar