Rayon-acetate mix

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

Rayon-acetate mix

Post by simonr »

Does anyone have any experience with satin made of rayon-acetate mix? How is the fabric? Silky? Soft? Can it be hand-washed or dry-clean only?

All my satin collection so far has been polyester satin. I'm looking to venture into some new stuffs and saw this nice rayon-acetate mix gown :D
seasideshow

Re: Rayon-acetate mix

Post by seasideshow »

Hi, if you have any rayon or acetate satin or a mix of the two you are definitely on dry cleaning, if you wash these the body comes out of the material and it feels "thinner". Years ago the clown in my local dry cleaners washed two sets of acetate satin sheets and ruined them, could not prove it so just never went back. you may have to pay a bit more as dry cleaning usually goes on weight.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Doesn’t get any better than 100% Polyester Satin. To me, anyway.

Rayon is shiny but just does not have the silky feel like Satin does. I think most Satin fetishists have been fooled into buying a rayon dress because it of the way it appears (that iridescent look that makes it look really shiny & satiny), and then are totally disappointed when it arrives.

Acetate is thicker but in the couple of older dresses I’ve gotten with it, they were good but not great.

However, it’s all a matter of preference.
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

some rayon satin is pretty sensual, I have a fur coat from ebay labeled "Dino Ricco" from the late 70s/80s. Has a gold rayon satin lining that feels like a dream and has been a fun fuck rag for the last few months. I actually bought it because I thought it was acetate from the photos, (no pics of the tags).

I still think acetate satin is king. Make little circles with your cock tip and it teases you like a whore's lips. It soaks up loads. Downside: it's pretty much a spent cum rag and most can't be machine washed.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I have several rayon satin wedding gowns from the 40's and it is the most sensual silky smotth satin ever. How satin feels and looks also depends on the thread count and weave.