Is Satin Endangered?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Homecomingdressluver

Is Satin Endangered?

Post by Homecomingdressluver »

Had access to the bedrooms of four college girls recently and of course I had to see what they had for lingerie and dresses. No one girl had anything satin in their panty drawer and nothing satin in the closets. This makes me wonder if satin is endangered? If girls don't buy it, stores won't stock it.
What do you think?
Freddielinton

Re: Is Satin Endangered?

Post by Freddielinton »

I’ve been saying this for years.
Dressinup

Post by Dressinup »

Interesting thought, but i find its older woman that tend to have the most satin in there closets.
A an odd job guy i regularly find it in the draws and wardrobes of ladys of 30 plus and often some much older in there late 50s and 60s.
This age group tend to ware skirts and dresses so require slips and half slips.
Nearly every day or two i have a quick tug off in something soft and satin belonging to a client from the hamper.
Then normally ending up with me blurting out a load of my hot sperm into a wide pantie gusset, especially when it has a pantie pocket.
if you want to see more satin become an odd job guy.
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

I think satin is definitely endangered, for some strange unknown reason girls just will not wear it, why not, it looks good feels good, is smart sexy and classy all at once, It is usually connected with weddings, proms and special occasions, buy why not look good all the time. Here in the UK girls are happy to go out to a pub on the weekend dressed as though they are putting the bins out, what happened to the well designed satin dress, or a pair of good jeans [not with those rediculose rips in them] and a good satin top. The new polyester satins are easy to care for, washable and durable so there is no excuse for not wearing it. So come on girls start wearing satin and start looking great.
PantyThief

Post by PantyThief »

Dressinup wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 am Interesting thought, but i find its older woman that tend to have the most satin in there closets.
A an odd job guy i regularly find it in the draws and wardrobes of ladys of 30 plus and often some much older in there late 50s and 60s.
This age group tend to ware skirts and dresses so require slips and half slips.
Nearly every day or two i have a quick tug off in something soft and satin belonging to a client from the hamper.
Then normally ending up with me blurting out a load of my hot sperm into a wide pantie gusset, especially when it has a pantie pocket.
if you want to see more satin become an odd job guy.
Would much rather add college girls satin then 50 year old women’s to my collection
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

PantyThief wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:19 amWould much rather add college girls satin then 50 year old women’s to my collection
Well of course; me too. But when it comes to a certain point that it gets so hard to find, you take what you can get.

Plus....most of the “Satin” that the college girls are buying now are really just shitty / cheap Rayon. The older women are more likely have the older, better quality Satin.
Lovesatinblouses

Post by Lovesatinblouses »

I guess I'm kinda biased because I have a thing for older women and always have (I'm 31 btw)
SilkySatinShredder

Post by SilkySatinShredder »

I don’t think it’s endangered at all, if anything there has been a lot more of it over the last year or so,

I see a lot of it advertised on sites like boohoo,prettylittlething, nastygal etc and yes it’s 99% poor quality thin crap but is still satin and I see a LOT of under 30’s wearing it at clubs etc

Maybe one day they’ll go back to using good quality satin and none of this thin and only just shiny and soft crap!

One thing I will say is satin wedding dresses look to be a thing of the past, it’s very very rare you see a good soft satin wedding dress now, they’re either that thick non smooth or shiny or lace/taffeta, quite sad!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Lovesatinblouses wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 pm I guess I'm kinda biased because I have a thing for older women and always have (I'm 31 btw)
31 here too.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

SilkySatinShredder wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:08 pm I don’t think it’s endangered at all, if anything there has been a lot more of it over the last year or so,

I see a lot of it advertised on sites like boohoo,prettylittlething, nastygal etc and yes it’s 99% poor quality thin crap but is still satin and I see a LOT of under 30’s wearing it at clubs etc

Maybe one day they’ll go back to using good quality satin and none of this thin and only just shiny and soft crap!

One thing I will say is satin wedding dresses look to be a thing of the past, it’s very very rare you see a good soft satin wedding dress now, they’re either that thick non smooth or shiny or lace/taffeta, quite sad!
Yes; I know, but most of that cheap crap on the trendy websites isn’t Satin, but Rayon. I don’t consider it Satin. It’s shiny and looks like Satin from a distance, but it has a weird rough feel to it. It’s deceiving.

It’s the same for prom dresses; hardly any Satin anymore. A lot of Chiffon and crap now.
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

I can definitely agree with you all. There is so many "mimics" out in the satin world. Almost makes at a tough call buying on ebay...

My typical rule is if it's over $50, the garment needs to be in person because I need to feel it and approve of it. Unless there is a brand I know of 100% that makes quality satin. Jones New York comes to mind.

And to join the club, 33 here. Ha, what is it about the 80's? Love the satin Madonna look back then... Mmm...
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
Homecomingdressluver

Freddielinton wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:52 pm
Lovesatinblouses wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 pm I guess I'm kinda biased because I have a thing for older women and always have (I'm 31 btw)
31 here too.
35 here
Homecomingdressluver

I was very disappointed when I found no satin in those bedrooms. I looked hard too, nothing in any drawer, closet or under beds
satindoona

Post by satindoona »

My best guess is that it follows fashion trends for the most part. Back in high school back in the aughts, pretty much every prom dress was satin and the outliers were ones with chiffon, and tulle, etc. Now, the outliers are the strictly satin ones. My best guess is that eventually it'll swing back to satin. Hell, if JNCOs are starting to come back, satin will get its day again in no time.
If it has genitals on the outside it’s hiding something on the inside. -Karen Walker
satincummer

Post by satincummer »

This is sad. Even the wedding dresses these days are not satin. And even if there is satin they get covered with lace :(
But pretty sure satin will come back. Need satin fetishists like us to spread the message that it's amazing :twisted: