Is Satin Endangered?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
maiden

Re: Is Satin Endangered?

Post by maiden »

satinedge wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm Maiden... Perfectly put. You nailed every point I was going to make too.

But specifically thrift shops... It's so difficult to find anything anymore. Bedding is just crap brands from Walmart and or China products. I always get excited seeing sheets for sale but I stick my hand between the sheet and run my fingers together gliding the satin side together. If it has and snag or loose stitches... It's game over. Such a shame too...

I've been thinking of trying other stores... But all it is, is cheap garments sold for high prices! Absolutely not doing that.

Well, this may be it for good quality satin guys and gals. Hopefully it can make a cum back! 😉😚
Well thank you, thank you very much
But here's the stupid thing, I don't really need anymore haha
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings satin lovers; I keep looking for the perfect satin since acetate satin has all but disappeared. I've ordered polyester satin samples but just don't care for the texture of the many polyesters out there. I also look for different patterned satin fabric and one that caught my eye was the angel wing/coral silky satin polyester satin offered by Bankok Thai silks. It was previously being sold for $35/yd so I figured it must be high quality and awfully nice. I asked about its hand for satin sheets and was told that it was a heavier medium weight satin. I did a best offer for $5.50/yd, was accepted and ordered 15 yards for a king set. Shipping to me in the US was only 8 days and the satin is very exquisite, soft, silky and a nice weight, maybe similar to the old acetate satins. I took the fabric to my seamstress and will have my sheets this week. I anxiously await them and will give my report soon. This was a long time coming. Is satin endangered? The good old stuff yes. There will always be polyester so no there. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
SatinTom

Post by SatinTom »

Satinsheets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm Greetings satin lovers; I keep looking for the perfect satin since acetate satin has all but disappeared. I've ordered polyester satin samples but just don't care for the texture of the many polyesters out there. I also look for different patterned satin fabric and one that caught my eye was the angel wing/coral silky satin polyester satin offered by Bankok Thai silks. It was previously being sold for $35/yd so I figured it must be high quality and awfully nice. I asked about its hand for satin sheets and was told that it was a heavier medium weight satin. I did a best offer for $5.50/yd, was accepted and ordered 15 yards for a king set. Shipping to me in the US was only 8 days and the satin is very exquisite, soft, silky and a nice weight, maybe similar to the old acetate satins. I took the fabric to my seamstress and will have my sheets this week. I anxiously await them and will give my report soon. This was a long time coming. Is satin endangered? The good old stuff yes. There will always be polyester so no there. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
Is this the website? http://www.bangkokthaisilk.com/

Thanks
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings Satin lovers; Satin Tom, yes this is the website. Type in 60" satin fabric and you will see the colorful fabric I ordered. It's beautiful and I love the feel. I await my sheets. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
SatinTom

Post by SatinTom »

Satinsheets wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:03 pm Greetings Satin lovers; Satin Tom, yes this is the website. Type in 60" satin fabric and you will see the colorful fabric I ordered. It's beautiful and I love the feel. I await my sheets. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
Brilliant, thanks!

Do you have a contact email for them? Could you please PM it to me?
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings Satin lovers; My fabric arrived and I had my sheets made. Overall I am quite pleased because the satin is the most colorful pattern I've ever seen. It's a good quality polyester IMO but it does not have the body or hand of acetate satin. Still, I am happy with the sheets and they do feel good. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

The first time you make love to those virgin satin sheets is always the most intense orgasm.
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings Satin lovers; How true it is Coatfun. I re-ironed and starched my new sheets again resulting in more body and a hand very close to acetate satin. They feel really good and are the prettiest, most colorful sheets I have ever owned. Gorgeous satin. Hey gang, get the fabric before it's gone and get your sheets made. You won't regret it. Cheers. scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
bunnsatin

Post by bunnsatin »

No! I don't think so.
This model has a online shop in holland, and sells tons of satin! And she is so hot!!
Love to cum on her big ass😍😍🤤🤤
Attachments
Screenshot_20190429-061631_Facebook-1080x1920.jpg
20190221_090643-530x1070.jpg
20190301_205112-274x717.jpg
I LOVE FUCKING HOT SUPER SILKY SATIN.
SATIN JACKETS, TRACKSUITS, PJ'S, SHEETS, ROBES.
SILK 'N SATIN IS THE BEST FETISH.
bunnsatin

Post by bunnsatin »

Just wanna rub her ass cheeks in those outfits.
Attachments
20190221_090516-492x1067.jpg
20190312_211218-452x1065.jpg
Screenshot_20190318-172257_Facebook-1080x1920.jpg
I LOVE FUCKING HOT SUPER SILKY SATIN.
SATIN JACKETS, TRACKSUITS, PJ'S, SHEETS, ROBES.
SILK 'N SATIN IS THE BEST FETISH.
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

Freddielinton wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:47 pm Every single one of my prom dresses are made out of 100% Polyester Satin. It’s the absolute greatest. Of course, the fabric differs depending on where it comes from, but yeah. Silk Satin / Charmeuse is far too light for my taste. Gotta have a decent thickness to the fabric.
Prom season has now come and gone, around here lots of cheap non-satin dresses. Seems like girls are buying either cheap shit from China off Amazon or Ebay, or spending big bucks. One brand that sees lots of thick satin and beautiful satin linings is Riva Designs. They even have a line called "Satin" and the dresses usually have thick bridal satin linings all the way through and they are designed to "show" them off with long slits to show the sexy legs clashing against the satin.

I've got two or three of these in my collection that feel amazing on while I stroke my stiff shaft with the satin all over my body. The orgasms are amazingly intense.
Marksatin

Post by Marksatin »

Here in France, I don't feel that satin is endangered. We have still quite a lot of brand doing satin lingerie (Orcanta, Darjeeling, rouge-gorge, galeries Lafayettes etc). My wife buys sometimes online at Sulis Silk which is a beautiful UK brand. I would say I can see quite a lot of satin blouses as well as the vintage fashion is back here. My wife likes satin blouses from Camaieu, Zara, Mango, galeries Lafayette etc.

Was just a bit of positive things :)

P.S : Sorry for my bad English as it is not my native language.
davidben

Post by davidben »

Regarding satinsheets observation that the polyester material he bought and then had the sheets made up from that.

I was intrigued to read that he uses starch to achieve an acetate like thickness; I have never heard or thought of this before.

It used to be Robin starch in my youth and I assume that it is still available. How do you treat them? Soak then in the bath with starch?

If this is an effective way to achieve the desired stiffness of material using thinner polyester then it sounds good.

As far as satin being endangered, well yes, if one is looking for proper thick heavy (320 gm) material, preferably the wonderful liquid satin of days gone by made of rayon / acetate. I would suggest that it is better to look at the weight - the heavier the better.

It is still possible to find it on sites such as eBay as a joblot.

Having a bespoke set made is definitely the way to go but are seamstresses an endangered specie nowadays as I cannot find one !!
daisysatin

Post by daisysatin »

I've worked as a seamstress for many years specializing in silk and satin. One of the problems I encounter is finding a regular supplier of fabric at a reasonable price. 30 momme pure silk fabric is very expensive and adding my costs few customers chose it. I have a really good supplier of rayon/acetate fabrics that are a perfect weight for satin blouses if you want something that feels a good quality but is wearable.

I've lost count of how many times I've received swatch samples of the perfect fabric only to discover that the supplier has limited stock which is no good for repeat orders from customers.
Slider Blank 22A.jpg
DSC_0053 - Copy 900.JPG