Is Satin Endangered?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
SilkySatinShredder

Re: Is Satin Endangered?

Post by SilkySatinShredder »

I’m not sure where you’re getting the great feeling satin from but it’s not from any of those sites like plt, boohoo etc

I’ve tried a few of them and all were dreadful! Thin and rough crap!
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Ah it's difficult to get good quality satin clothes, even here in Malaysia. We make do with whatever we can. Haha
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Itsashineyworld wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:26 am Apparently satin midi skirts are in fashion at the moment. It may not be that endangered after all.
This I gotta agree. Satin midi skirt is the new trend now. But I still prefer those satin skater mini skirts. Midi is a little boring.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Cassandra wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 am
Freddielinton wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:30 pm
jellyjazz wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm You’s are very mistaken... girls in my town are flat out wearing satin. This online retailer has tons of it...

https://www.prettylittlething.com/catal ... t/?q=Satin

We’re not mistaken at all; that’s the cheap fabric several of us have talked about. Online retailers have flooded the market with it.
I think Freddielinton has a valid point. It may not be 'quality' satin from a bygone era but it still looks and feels amazing. To see a girl out wearing one of those outfits is an absolute joy. And there does seem to be a lot of it around at the moment among the 'fast fashion' retailers such as PLT, Missguided, Asos, Boohoo etc.

So I for one am not complaining and regularly adding some lovely things to my shopping cart!
As we Chinese always say, when there's no fish, we accept prawns. When there's no orange, lime will do as well.

It's tough to get quality ones. Out of the many I bought for my woman, only 2-3 pieces I bought are quality ones. The others are all sub-standard ones, there just to satisfy my desire to see her in silk and satin.
SatinLush

Post by SatinLush »

Polyester has replaced top quality silk satin unfortunately...Why? Because its mass produced and cheap
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

I don't think it is the availability of good quality satin that is the problem, some of the thicker polyester satins are as good as acetate, it is simply that women will not wear it. Here in the U.K. satin is extremely rare, I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a girl wearing satin in the pubs on a weekend in the last twenty years, and I go out regularly. As far as I am concerned satin is very endangered, the fashion industry is partly to blame for not promoting it after all there is more to satin than weddings and proms, what's wrong with a good satin shirt with jeans or a well designed satin cocktail dress, or even satin skirts.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Yes satin is a rare sight these day I have to admit. But I live in hope. This dress popped up today in a promotion email from one of the leading fashion websites. Yes, it wont be 'quality' satin but still what a beautiful sight it would be to see a girl wearing this dress on a night out!

Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

SatinLush wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:27 am Polyester has replaced top quality silk satin unfortunately...Why? Because its mass produced and cheap
Polyester is far superior. You have no idea.
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

depends on the quality. some polyester satin is utter garbage and has no luster or surface. Some of it is fucking amazing with pure "liquid" kind of feel that, when you rub in a circular motion on your love muscle, will tingle and tease like nothing else, except well maybe a girl's tongue, to the point where you can't control yourself and just juice it with all the contents your seminal vesicle can deliver in a single shot. I have a couple of Cache branded prom dresses made out of polyester than have gotten savagely fucked that fall into this category.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Every single one of my prom dresses are made out of 100% Polyester Satin. It’s the absolute greatest. Of course, the fabric differs depending on where it comes from, but yeah. Silk Satin / Charmeuse is far too light for my taste. Gotta have a decent thickness to the fabric.
BarbiSatin

Post by BarbiSatin »

Yes it is. Bridal shops no longer carry much if any satin. Back around 2004 I has a seamstress at a bridal shop custom make acetate satin dresses for me. When I approached her she tried to talk me out of using acetate satin. She said they had much better fabrics she could use. I told her it had to be acetate satin. She said it was so slippery that it was hard to work with. She did make the dresses I wanted though.

I have also noticed it is getting harder to find any satin bedding that isn't made from polyester. There is also so little acetate satin fabric to be found online that I fear it may have been discontinued. To me that would break my heart,
I am a t girl who is addicted to acetate satin. Wearing satin, satin sheets and being bound and tickled tortured with satin ribbons and bows.
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

I totally agree with you Barbi, acetate satin is definitely the best, ok it's got to be dry cleaned to keep it in pristine condition. I think another basic problem is that nowadays people are not bothered about quality anymore, there's to much of the atitude O that will do, this is happening right across the bourd here in the U.K. There is nothing better than seeing a girl out on a Friday night wearing a good well designed acetate satin cocktail dress.
BarbiSatin

Post by BarbiSatin »

With acetate satin there is that slick as ice slipperiness. No other satin makes such erotic rustling sounds. No other satin can even begin to compare to it as far as I am concerned. Acetate satin feels so incredible when you are tickled with it that it can drive me into a moaning, writhing wreck. I have used acetate satin in my dominatrix days to drive satin fetishists so wild that they seemed to be having seizures and after just 20 minutes they wold be begging for orgasm.

In my 20's I would visit local massage parlors where I would show up with acetate satin fabric, sheets, gowns along with what passed for satin gloves. I remember one girl in particular who began to have orgasm after orgasm from my massaging her with bridal satin's. Afterwards I had to help her stand up. I never once touched her pussy yet she had orgasm after orgasm from just the feel of acetate satin slipping and sliding on her face, chest and tummy. She told me she had never even imagined anything could feel that good.
I am a t girl who is addicted to acetate satin. Wearing satin, satin sheets and being bound and tickled tortured with satin ribbons and bows.
maiden

Post by maiden »

Hi all!! Longtime lurker and I have made a few posts though. Sorry I've been away for so long, not sure why though.

I definitely have some concern about this topic! I'm in Canada by the way. I would say it's starting to look like it's getting endangered. All throughout the 90s and early 2000s it was everywhere, and now I can hardly find it anywhere. not talking online yet.

The 3 major chain lingerie stores, La Senza, La Vie en Rose and Victoria's Secret have next to nothing for satin anymore. The first, having literally nothing! You'll see maybe 2 or 3 sets, total, and not the best quality anymore and boring colors and patterns, and of course, the prices getting higher and higher.

About 8-10 years ago I found the softest, shiniest satin chemise/robe sets at, of all places, Wal-Mart?!?! I've been checking back every 6 months or so, since haha. And nothing! And nothing for satin blouses, ever, in the women's clothing dept. Or at ANY women's clothing stores, in the malls.

I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about, when I call it the "satin stare". lol Walking past, or through, a store, and gazing across the store with Terminator like vision, looking for shiny items. I'm not sure how else to explain it, but I'm not seeing anything, anywhere!

Sure, there's still the adult shops, and the thrift shops, that have some things to choose from. But the satin lingerie at the adult stores is very low quality and ridiculously over-priced! And the thrift shops seem to be getting busier and busier, no matter what time of the day. Plus the huge possibility of running into somebody I know. It's easier to get away with no funny looks too, buying a new item at a lingerie store, because it looks like your buying it for someone else. Who buys used lingerie for a woman? haha

You still see the odd women on tv shows wearing satin blouses, and robes, and there's literally 1000s of pictures of women wearing it, on Pinterest. So obviously women are still wearing it, but where in the heck is it all being bought from?? Only online?? If it's so popular online still, then WHY aren't the lingerie chains, and women's clothing stores still carrying it?

I REALLY don't like to have to resort to online shopping! For so many reasons. Not being able to tell the quality of satin, and the sizing. (Don't even get me started on the sizing!) I'm a pretty short, skinny guy, and I'm going for the L and XL items. I did however, find the most beautiful pink satin prom dress, in an XL, from the States, but it just barely fits! It seems like they only make this stuff for very small women lol. Plus there's the exchange on the dollar and all the shipping and handling costs added. Spending an extra 50-60 dollars for something that might be poor quality and not even fit, can he a huge gamble! Another problem is living in an apartment, and having to work weekdays. A lot of this stuff won't fit it the small mailbox, and having to deal with couriers.

So yeah, what's going on here? How come I can't find it in any lingerie chain store, or women's clothing store?
Thank you for your time, of you made it this far with my rant.
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

Maiden... Perfectly put. You nailed every point I was going to make too.

But specifically thrift shops... It's so difficult to find anything anymore. Bedding is just crap brands from Walmart and or China products. I always get excited seeing sheets for sale but I stick my hand between the sheet and run my fingers together gliding the satin side together. If it has and snag or loose stitches... It's game over. Such a shame too...

I've been thinking of trying other stores... But all it is, is cheap garments sold for high prices! Absolutely not doing that.

Well, this may be it for good quality satin guys and gals. Hopefully it can make a cum back! 😉😚
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis