looking for some tips, please help

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
tcuhfrog

looking for some tips, please help

Post by tcuhfrog »

Hi everyone..I'm looking for some tips. I am a straight male with a satin fetis. For what it’s worth, I don’t consider myself a cross dresser. Even before putting my “stuff” on, I get really exicted. Once on, I end up taking care of business pretty quickly, and remove my things (could be bra, thong, or skirt or all of those). I have a few satin/satin lined skirts I’ve played with, but don’t really know much about the styles of them etc. Now that I’ve started researching this thing/fetish of mine more, I see that I LOVE a satin pencil skirt (more seeing on a woman than on me…on me, it’s just the feeling more than anything I think??) Anyway, now to my questions…I am considering getting my first gown. I was hoping people might offer some tips on what to look for etc, so that’s why I gave the background. I’m not really trying to go all out and look pretty etc, so I’m not really sure what to get. Any ideas? Yikes, my girlfriend is pretty cool with my bra fetish, but I’m not sure I can share about this new toy. Have no idea how I’ll hide that. Any ideas on introducing this idea to her?

Sorry for all the questions!
satin1

Re: looking for some tips, please help

Post by satin1 »

First of all, why hide it? If she's cool with the bra thing, is there going to be much of a jump for you to say that it's actually satin clothing in general that you like? My guess is that it won't be....Has she seen you in your bras? If she has, I doubt she'd be too shocked to find that your fetish extends to other garments. I know it feels like a high risk move telling someone you like satin, but I've always found you don't get anything without asking :wink:

Is she cool about wearing satin for you? If you've not broached the subject, what about asking if she would wear some as a first step. Even though there will probably no big fetish element for her, I've never met a woman who outright said 'no I don't like it'. Remember that a lot of the garments we get off on are made to make a woman look and feel good, and some are made to look downright sexy - so it's not normally much of a push to get a woman to wear something that makes her look hot 8)

In my situation when I first told previous partners about my satin fetish, I'd buy a nightie, tell her how much I liked her in it, and let her know how much it turned me on. At some point I would take the next step and ask to try it against my skin and gauge their reaction. If it was OK, all good - If not, I'd keep it at the level of trying to get them to wear it, and get myself a masculine satin garment like a dressing gown and make do. Strike rate is 6 to 1, as in 6 approved and let me indulge, and 1 wasn't into it so I never pushed it. :roll:

With my wife, it never got that far, because I blurted out to her that I liked to wear it on the second night we were going out. I'd known her for a year previously and she worked in a department store where I bought my satin clothes under the pretence of them being for my ex girlfriend so the first night I went out with her, she was wearing satin because she thought I'd like it - and that was that - satin based fun ever since :lol:

As for what to get - are you into soft flowing satin or tight fitted satin? Dresses or Skirts? If you're not 100% sure yet, have a look around e-Bay and see what you like or think you might like to try on. Just type in 'satin' as your search criteria and work through all the categories like dresses, tops, nightwear etc. and see what floats your boat.

Even better - if she's on board with your idea, why not see if she's into the idea of choosing some clothing with you? I get a big kick from shopping for satin with my wife - both online and in shops. And it means we get things that we will both like :mrgreen:
klisnitas

Post by klisnitas »

Hi Tcuhfrog

I pretty much agree with satin1 talk to her.

As for a dress thats easy, has she got a dress you like? or see what other people are wearing out and about wheather it be day wear or evening wear person i think you should look around for something restrictive seeing you have a thing for pencil skirts in the 80's there were a lot of satin dress with different colour blouse style tops with black satin pencil bottoms to them

good luck in searching sometimes thats good fun

klisnitas
shimmeryphantasy2

Post by shimmeryphantasy2 »

As far as buying gowns, what I do is go to ebay and go to womens clothing , intimates, robes and gowns ... if you can find a good Jones of New York nightgown in size L or XL they are my favorite... make sure they look really shiny in the pictures cuz sometimes they are different kinds of satin , usually you can tell the super soft ones... my other favorite brand is Cabernet but I have gotten a couple that looked shiny in the pictures but wasnt so soft when I actually got it.. but I have got alot of really good ones that I wear everynight... all the slippery softness feels so good.