best dress/skirt lining

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
terrago

best dress/skirt lining

Post by terrago »

Share what was your best skirt/dress lining experience, I prefer acetate but sometimes I'm amazed how good polyester can be, usually on more expensive items. Also there is cupro but mainly used in Asian countries so I have never handled that, maybe someone did?
xseekerx70

Re: best dress/skirt lining

Post by xseekerx70 »

A picture, or a gif, is sometimes worth a thousand words. Silk satin for me always.
terrago

Post by terrago »

xseekerx70 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:15 pm Image

A picture, or a gif, is sometimes worth a thousand words. Silk satin for me always.
Wont display the gif :(
davinacd

Post by davinacd »

Ted Baker make the BEST skirt and dress linings by far. If you've tried one you must! Go into a store to feel some up! you wont regret it :)
terrago

Post by terrago »

davinacd wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:41 pm Ted Baker make the BEST skirt and dress linings by far. If you've tried one you must! Go into a store to feel some up! you wont regret it :)
thanks for the tip, never tried :)
Skirtman1

Post by Skirtman1 »

My moms expensive skirt suit, the best lining ever.
xseekerx70

Post by xseekerx70 »

Fixed.

SilkySatinShredder

Post by SilkySatinShredder »

100% silk satin will never be beaten!
ilovesatin3

Post by ilovesatin3 »

I'm with you on that one acetate feels incredible. I also love the feel of polyester some are better than others I've also found in my past viscose and rayon not so good once I was lucky enough to have nylon but that was in a vintage coat also felt amazing!
mattbh94

Post by mattbh94 »

Skirtman1 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:03 pm My moms expensive skirt suit, the best lining ever.
I'm intrigued, where was it from and how expensive was it?

LOVE it when people use other people's precious, expensive clothing to wank in and hopefully ruin.
mattbh94

Post by mattbh94 »

terrago wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:09 pm
davinacd wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:41 pm Ted Baker make the BEST skirt and dress linings by far. If you've tried one you must! Go into a store to feel some up! you wont regret it :)
thanks for the tip, never tried :)
I second that, but mainly for coats. That being SAID, they seem to like to line the sleeves with a cheaper basic fabric whilst the body of the coat has this gorgeous printed silky lining to it. Kinda annoying.
Skirtman1

Post by Skirtman1 »

Pretty sure it was Christian Dior. It was a white/black houndstooth with black shiny soft and super slippery lining. Can’t remember exactly what the lining was, but I’ve been wanking skirt linings ever since.
satinslider

Post by satinslider »

HOW DID YOU GET AWAY WITH A GIF? EVERY GIF I TRY TO UPLOAD ALWAYS COME OUT (FILE TOO LARGE)! YOU CAN'T SHRINK THEM THEY WON'T WORK AFTER YOU SHRINK THEM!
xseekerx70

Post by xseekerx70 »

Host the gif remotely, such as on imgur, and use HTML image tags to render it in a post.
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis