Long Satin Nightgowns Are Getting Hard To Find

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
shimmeryphantasy2

Long Satin Nightgowns Are Getting Hard To Find

Post by shimmeryphantasy2 »

Maybe about 8 to 10 years ago I was really into buying alot of satin nightgowns, I was living alone and my fetish for satin was thriving more than ever. When I would go to the larger cities I would go to some of the Department stores and pick up a couple of long nightgowns, sometimes Dillards would have some really nice long Cabernet gowns, or I even got a nice one from a Kmart, Jacylin Smith had a nice line of lingerie at Kmart for awile... Victorias Secret never had any long gowns just the short ones and occasionally I might find a longer one at a Fredricks. Mostly I would get them from ebay, there used to be alot of nice ones on there but more recently they are getting harder to find,, and the department stores definatly dont carry them anymore.. they have lots of short ones but not the really long satin gowns that I like to wear so that I can feel them on my legs too, the longer the better , I only have 2 that will go clear to my ankles.. I am wondering if anyone else has noticed that really nice soft satin is gettin hard to find also. Guess all the women would rather sleep in cotton stuff instead of polyester these days or something.
coatfun

Re: Long Satin Nightgowns Are Getting Hard To Find

Post by coatfun »

I guess the fashion industry is just following a trend, just like dress lengths go up and down. Hopefully they will start to get longer on the next trend or cycle. I'm with you the longer length the better. That's one of the reasons that I like vintage satin bridal gowns or formals. Do you only like satin nightgowns or have you ever had a bridal gown or formal gown?
The acetate satin that bridal gowns and formal gowns are made of are awesome especially vintage gowns.
shimmeryphantasy2

Post by shimmeryphantasy2 »

yes I am pretty much just into satin nightgowns, I like polyester satin better than the acetate , I find it much softer and lighter... and slipperier.
klisnitas

Post by klisnitas »

hi all

i was a long nightie/dress person all ways buy the longer lenght stuff for the wife but................things do change and the trend at the moment seams to be short or shorter. so as a man and wanting to keep up with change roflol i brought a couple of short dresses and nighties for the wife and hay its not that bad stocking tops and the sight of suspender strap and legs what can i say but........................ brought up on longer lenght stuff so i'am affriad i'am going to try and stick with the hard to find longer stuff.

klisnitas

ps long live longer
Lori234

Post by Lori234 »

I love long nightgowns as well as long slips. In general the ladies fashion industry as far as some lingerie is concerned has gotten less feminine. Slips are a perfect example. I stopped buying them in department or lingerie stores some time ago as they got plainer and plainer. It is possible that nightgowns have gone a similiar route. I have not tried to buy anything lately from a actual store but do all my shopping online mostly for vintage. Try eBay or various vintage lingerie stores online. I am sure you will find many things that will satisfy your nightgown desires. I myself love a long feminine satin nightgown with a matching robe. When I am not sleeping in a slip, or formal gown (bridal or prom) or some other outfit I like a long nightgown. Good luck.
nicktaylor

Post by nicktaylor »

Hello Everybody....

Nice post here to discuss on. I just love the women wearing long nightgowns. These are with different materials like satin, silk and of cotton also. Everybody can feel comfortable with that as the sleep wear. So are you looking for those long satin nightgowns and facing difficulties to find a good shop?
Nothing to be worry just visit Divine Dreams Couture at Western Australia. You can find all varieties of night dresses of both men and women. I hope you will enjoy there finding your favorite clothes. You can also shop online easily by placing order from your home.
I think I have given you a good suggestion.
Right????
Waiting for your replies..:)

Thanks...
soiememe

Post by soiememe »

It is true they're hard to find these days. I'm a huge fan of long satin and silk nightgowns. I've been to dozens of lingeriestores but none has them in stock these days :(
Buying online is the best option: recently I bought a long red silk nightgown (which I'm wearing right now :oops: ) from Lilysilk. Very soft silk for a good price but nos as long - I love it when the silk falls onto the ankle- as I hoped for...
It's a pitty we can't buy them in stores anymore; That way we could see and feel the fabric before choosing...
DressInSatin

Post by DressInSatin »

Have you tried ebay? I get of my satin things there - except for the occasional opportunities to nick a sexy piece from some nice lady :D