Vintage Hollywood satin dresses

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
davidben

Vintage Hollywood satin dresses

Post by davidben »

I was looking at some fab pics of vintage glamour Hollywood satin dresses which featured stars of stage and screen in the most wonderful 1940s shiny satin dresses and it made me onder if this kind of liquid satin is still produced. There doesn't seem to be much available today to compare with its weight, shine and sexiness.
Does anyone know if this kingd of acetate/rayon / satin is still in production ?
I often wonder what happened to those dresses which are featured and where they might be now !
coatfun

Re: Vintage Hollywood satin dresses

Post by coatfun »

l16e00.jpg[/attachment]Those gowns are still around, these are on Ebay and Etsy. I wish there was a way to track down some of those satin gowns from the old movies. There are a few that I would pay a lot of money to own You can still find a lot of the vintage satin/rayon bridal gowns from the 40's on Ebay. I own several of them and thay don't make that kind of satin anymore.
Attachments
il_fullxfull.1307555447_o9d7aa.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Bridal gown on Ebay
s-l16zzxx00.jpg
SatinLiebeTV

Post by SatinLiebeTV »

coatfun wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:38 am l16e00.jpg[/attachment]Those gowns are still around, these are on Ebay and Etsy. I wish there was a way to track down some of those satin gowns from the old movies. There are a few that I would pay a lot of money to own You can still find a lot of the vintage satin/rayon bridal gowns from the 40's on Ebay. I own several of them and thay don't make that kind of satin anymore.
If she would turn around....
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

That red satin gown is on Etsy for sale.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

More pictures. This gown is vintage 1930's 40's and is silk satin
il_fullxfull.1246626714_keqlss.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

il_fullxfull.1293870835_j982cc.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

il_fullxfull.1260317918_bxggdd.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I can just imagine how good it would feel as I slide my rock hard cock up and down that shimmering silk satin gown.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Black satin goddess gown
3cf17f1ee73464382b164a3d24a5e54e--rita-hayworth-gilda-iconic-dresses.jpg
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

3c50faf7e60a935e0ed1a963280e5331--fashion-me-fashion-.jpg
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

I adore the satin fashions from the 20th Century - if you want, check out my Pinterest on Vintage Satin https://www.pinterest.com/alanaraso/vin ... th-centuy/
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

This is my favorite wedding picture from your Pinterest page. What I like are all of the bridesmaids' gowns. They are gorgeous. Its to bad that most of the bridesmaids' gowns from those days didn't get preserved as the wedding gowns did.
Bridalparty2.jpg
Just look at the bridesmaids gowns with those big sexy satin pussybows.
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

Back in the late 90s, a more slender me, purchased about 20 bridesmaids/prom dresses for $5-10 each from thrift (charity) stores. These dresses were still from the time the US manufactured much of its apparel. So many of them have the Union label sewn inside. The fabric was also a rich acetate satin, heavy and smooth. I will need to part with some of these soon as we will be moving overseas for awhile and they are not practical to move with us. I will post on this forum when I have them up on eBay.

For anyone shy about buying satin clothing in store. Just say you are a photographer and are using the clothes for a photo shoot. I had one lady at a thrift shop who used to reserve clothing for me for my "artwork." She knew how there were going to be used and had fun finding the most girly dresses for me - "you want size 14 and 16 is that right dear? I have some lovely pinks and peach dresses that should show very nice in your pictures..."

My wife comments that women will only wear their bridesmaid dress once, whereas I have had years of use out of some of my gowns. She thinks its funny and if this is my kink, it is mild and a lot easier to live with than what many of her friends go through with their husbands (sports obsession, gambling, alcohol & drugs, infidelity) . To my benefit, she insists that I wear satin to bed. She (and I) cannot stand the feel of a t-shirt and sweat pants. So it is only satin nightwear for both of us.
Weddingdresslover

Post by Weddingdresslover »

Cum worthy!