today's satin sheets

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
imsharkey

Re: today's satin sheets

Post by imsharkey »

Satinsheets wrote:Greetings satin lovers; I remembered that I had purchased a set of bridal satin sheets on ebay from a seller who had purchased them from Shopbedding.com.

I ordered 2 sets from them a few years ago and they were terrible. They reminded me of curtains.

I think I will give the linengallery a shot.

Best of luck to everyone who is searching. It doesn't seem like it should be this hard to find good sheets.

Sharkey
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings satin lovers; My Shopbedding sheets are nice but the next purchase will be from Linengallery. Cheers. S I S I S
silkysatinbed

Post by silkysatinbed »

Like I said, Linen Gallery satin sheets are thicker with a smoother, tighter weave than others and do stay stiffer even after washing so I still recommend that you invest in a pillowcase or something and use it a while before committing $100 to a complete set to be sure you like them.
I bought pillowcases first and out of the package I wasn't sure I liked them but after washing and using for a while I started buying the sheets sets.
Everyone has different preferences. I like that the stiffer sheet makes the bottom sheet and pillowcase much smoother.

I also tried Shopbedding sheets and was a bit disappointed with them.
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

TomThompson wrote:Satin Boutique.
I've been fucking in, on, and against their Lingerie Satin sheets for years. Incredibly soft and satiny, wear amazingly well.

https://satin-boutique.com/collections/lingerie-satin-1

All my satincock pictures are their product:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151591712 ... 2736839983

Tom
Site ask to join to view album... can you upload it to imgur?
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
TomThompson

Post by TomThompson »

So join. Why should I do your work for you?
satindoona

Post by satindoona »

Link also seems to go to a 404 page
If it has genitals on the outside it’s hiding something on the inside. -Karen Walker
TomThompson

Post by TomThompson »

satindoona wrote:Link also seems to go to a 404 page
Nope. Both links work fine.
TomThompson

Post by TomThompson »

TomThompson wrote:
satindoona wrote:Link also seems to go to a 404 page
Nope. Both links work fine.
Now, as of Sept 23, the link doesn't work as the account has been closed.
davidben

Post by davidben »

Hi satin fans

I note a comment posted awhile ago regarding the cost of satn material and it can certainly be up to £ 10 per metre, which at 15 metres required to make up a complete set plus the cost of making them up would certainly top £ 200.

However I often search satin fabric / joblot on eBay and have been pleasantly surprised as to what is available as I recently purchased 10 metres of orange (!) satin material for £ 10 incl p/p. When I took it to my local tailor he said it was a bargain at that price and so what it would cost to make up (£50) really made it good value.

Looking forward to getting them back, give them a quick cold wash and iron and start to use them as intended.

So soft and cool now that summer has arrived in the UK !
davidben

Post by davidben »

A quick follow-up on my orange sheets.

Really fine job by the tailor and certainly worth the wait.

A quick wash in the bath with cool water and silk detergent and a gentle iron whilst still damp and all was well.

Having read the posts on this thread it seems that the overall impression is that polyester sheets are thin, don't last and are not worth the money paid.

Try and find 320 weight gm/metre material (Bridal or duchess) and see it first before you buy, sometimes markets are good for this.

Find a tailor, I agree that they probably charge £ 10 per metre but if it amounts to 15 + m the you can knock them down to about £ 7 per metre.

A bit pricey, perhaps but you do have the satisfaction of knowing that you will receive a really good set of sheets which will give many years of pleasure.
buttersmooth77

Post by buttersmooth77 »

I have found a few sets of vintage 100% acetate satin sheets. Should I even hesitate to buy them?
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Are they king sized and on a website?