Wearing satin out in public

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Alcd87

Re: Wearing satin out in public

Post by Alcd87 »

I didn't go out on that dress other than late at night since, but I got caught by family in a satin blouse, leather skirt and big satin bra outside. I got rI'd of everything after that so had to start collecting again
simonr

Post by simonr »

Alcd87 wrote:I didn't go out on that dress other than late at night since, but I got caught by family in a satin blouse, leather skirt and big satin bra outside. I got rI'd of everything after that so had to start collecting again
When you first start going out in a dress, it's a good idea to do it late at night. There are way fewer people on the street to deal with. After a while, you get used to those confused looks and long stares, and your confidence goes up.

Personally, I have started with short trips downstairs to the letter box late at night. After a year, I'm now pretty comfortable going out in a satin dress. I have even gone out a couple of times during the day. Though those trips are obviously much more intense.

Anyway, here is me in one of my favorite satin dresses. Soft, shiny and very smooth :D
20171222_015417.jpg
Alcd87

Post by Alcd87 »

Certiny agree with that, hardest part for me is family/friends don't know see need to avoid them seeing ! Not bothered about strangers areally

That's a nice dress!
simonr

Post by simonr »

Alcd87 wrote:Certiny agree with that, hardest part for me is family/friends don't know see need to avoid them seeing ! Not bothered about strangers areally

That's a nice dress!
Oh yeah, if you are trying to avoid family, that's another story...

For me, I don't have to avoid family. They know. But I'm sometimes a little concerned about people taking photos of me. There is this horrible website in Singapore, where people upload photos of whatever they find strange or amusing. The worst part is that most of these photos are taken without the knowledge of the people in them!
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

simonr wrote:
Alcd87 wrote:Certiny agree with that, hardest part for me is family/friends don't know see need to avoid them seeing ! Not bothered about strangers areally

That's a nice dress!

For me, I don't have to avoid family. They know. But I'm sometimes a little concerned about people taking photos of me. There is this horrible website in Singapore, where people upload photos of whatever they find strange or amusing. The worst part is that most of these photos are taken without the knowledge of the people in them!
haha let me guess. :lol: :lol:

stomp? :twisted:

mothership? :twisted:
simonr

Post by simonr »

szewei85 wrote:
simonr wrote:

That's a nice dress!

Good guess. I was referring to Stomp XD
Lovesatin01

Post by Lovesatin01 »

simonr wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:22 pm
Alcd87 wrote:I didn't go out on that dress other than late at night since, but I got caught by family in a satin blouse, leather skirt and big satin bra outside. I got rI'd of everything after that so had to start collecting again
When you first start going out in a dress, it's a good idea to do it late at night. There are way fewer people on the street to deal with. After a while, you get used to those confused looks and long stares, and your confidence goes up.

Personally, I have started with short trips downstairs to the letter box late at night. After a year, I'm now pretty comfortable going out in a satin dress. I have even gone out a couple of times during the day. Though those trips are obviously much more intense.

Anyway, here is me in one of my favorite satin dresses. Soft, shiny and very smooth :D

20171222_015417.jpg
Very nice dress.
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

simonr wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:48 am
szewei85 wrote:
simonr wrote:

Good guess. I was referring to Stomp XD
yeah i always thought malaysia fakkap is big

never knew singapore way is bigger than that :lol: :lol:
simonr

Post by simonr »

Today, I did something I've never done before: I wore a satin blouse to a crowded mall in broad daylight :D

A first highlight came when a lady told me that she likes my shirt.

Another highlight was when I went to H&M (I got my satin blouse from a different H&M store). I looked around and realized that the same blouse in a smaller size fits me too. So I bought that blouse as well. Essentially, I bought a satin blouse in store while wearing the same style :)

Of course, I had to take a selfie to remember this trip:
20240114_125653.jpeg
Whitesatinblouse10

Post by Whitesatinblouse10 »

simonr wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:08 am Today, I did something I've never done before: I wore a satin blouse to a crowded mall in broad daylight :D

A first highlight came when a lady told me that she likes my shirt.

Another highlight was when I went to H&M (I got my satin blouse from a different H&M store). I looked around and realized that the same blouse in a smaller size fits me too. So I bought that blouse as well. Essentially, I bought a satin blouse in store while wearing the same style :)

Of course, I had to take a selfie to remember this trip:
20240114_125653.jpeg
Oh wow,,,that’s absolutely fantastic.. very nice white satin blouse too. Looks fabulous.. hope you really enjoyed it very much…
simonr

Post by simonr »

After the uneventful outing a couple of weeks ago, I upped the ante slightly today. I wore a pussy-bow satin top to the supermarket. The highlight (both literally and figuratively) of the day came when the sun shone directly into my car, giving the satin an irresistible shimmer. Of course I had to take a selfie at that moment :)
20240127_142207.jpeg
simonr

Post by simonr »

Another week, another adventure.

This time I wore my satin top to work! Not to my home office, but to a side office of my company close to my home. There were some stares and some bemused smiles, but it went mostly well all in all. All those annual mandatory harassment trainings do have an effect on people I guess :)
20240202_144014.jpeg
Willissatin1501

Post by Willissatin1501 »

simonr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:10 am Another week, another adventure.

This time I wore my satin top to work! Not to my home office, but to a side office of my company close to my home. There were some stares and some bemused smiles, but it went mostly well all in all. All those annual mandatory harassment trainings do have an effect on people I guess :)

20240202_144014.jpeg
You’re braver than I am! Btw that blouse is gorgeous, where did you buy it from?
simonr

Post by simonr »

Willissatin1501 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:38 pm
simonr wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:10 am Another week, another adventure.

20240202_144014.jpeg
You’re braver than I am! Btw that blouse is gorgeous, where did you buy it from?
They are from a brand called "Black Label by Evan Picone". There are quite a few different variants floating around the second-hand markets. I personally feel that the sky blue one made in China has the best fabric.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Another major milestone: I wore my white satin blouse/shirt to my home office with many colleagues who work closely with me.

It went as well as I could have hoped. Some didn't even notice it. Some gave it a good look, but didn't say anything. A chatty colleague asked me if I was going to a special event after work with the fancy shirt :lol:

The way things are going, I'm going to add some satin tops to my everyday wardrobe :)