Satin boutique bed sheets?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
satinedge

Re: Satin boutique bed sheets?

Post by satinedge »

I've been look for sheets and comforters for years! I just sent them a email to request a swatch of the bridal and lingerie satins.

They look like quality satin too. Love the pics btw, would love to see some more up close and personal... Really hope these have a heavy weight and shine to it. Not like a nightgown but more of a dress you'd where to a dance. Tired of all that stiff mimic fabric!!!
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
davidben

Post by davidben »

Yes sadly buying satin sheets from these kind of places can be prohibitively expensive; I still think that having a bespoke set made up by a seamstress allows quality and price to be maintained.
I think nearly all my sets have ben made this way and have given me many years of enjoyment and satifaction.
For a full set incl duvet cover top sheet, bottom sheet and four pillow cases I buy 15 metres.
After a wash and gentle iron they are superb.
davidben

Post by davidben »

Further to my last post I have been buying job lots of heavy / medium weight satin.

Have at last found a tailor who is very good and very reasonable who has been sewing sets of sheets together for me.

I still feel this is still the best way to collect really good quality sheets as I know the quality of the satin first and that my tailor will do a great job.

Collected a set on Friday from him; gave them a wash in the bath this morning with some mild detergent and amazed to see how much colour came out.

Will now let them dry until damp and then give them a gentle ironing before putting them on the bed; Happy Christmas !!