Forum User Guide

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
satinforum
Site Admin

Forum User Guide

Post by satinforum »

This forum is currently running a version of phpBB.

If you are unfamiliar with using phpBB it may be useful to refer to the user guide which is available to read here: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3.0/ug/userguide/

This covers such things as:
- how to use private messaging (and the difference between outbox and sent box)
- how to use the friend/foe feature to highlight or block posts/messages from certain users
RodaSaTiNStein

Re: Forum User Guide

Post by RodaSaTiNStein »

My gaming clan is using the exact forum type... have to be careful not to post on the wrong one :P

Even tho my clan mates know about my satin fetish :)

end of transmission...
Roda SaTiN Stein
satinlover2012

Post by satinlover2012 »

Hi Mod,

Just wanna know how can I change my username?

Do I have to shut this account and create another with same email id (will it work)?
maiden

Post by maiden »

Hello mods!! Great to be here. I’m having trouble with messages being sent. I have two messages I’m trying to send and their stuck in the outbox, and won’t send. Can someone please help? Thank you
Satindreamer69

Post by Satindreamer69 »

maiden wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm Hello mods!! Great to be here. I’m having trouble with messages being sent. I have two messages I’m trying to send and their stuck in the outbox, and won’t send. Can someone please help? Thank you
Have you checked with the user whether or not they'd received them. I thought the same but they had actually received the message.
Satindreamer69

Post by Satindreamer69 »

maiden wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:37 pm Hello mods!! Great to be here. I’m having trouble with messages being sent. I have two messages I’m trying to send and their stuck in the outbox, and won’t send. Can someone please help? Thank you
Actually I just checked and mines the same. I have a message stuck in the outbox but can't see a button saying resend.
maiden

Post by maiden »

Hey thanks a lot!! This is very frustrating
maiden

Post by maiden »

I tried sending you a message but it’s not leaving the outbox. I read on the FAQ that the board admins can take away the privilege of sending messages. I hope that’s not the case. Really hope I haven’t offended anybody or broken any rules on the forum. I don’t think I have
Satindreamer69

Post by Satindreamer69 »

Well looks like it worked for those messages.
Shiny123

Post by Shiny123 »

Hiya

My posts to threads and private messaging don't work, does anyone know why this could be?
nylon4me

Post by nylon4me »

I believe the messages stay in the outbox on your end until read by the receiver.
SlinkyPaula

Post by SlinkyPaula »

Yer I can't even get my introduction post moderated. So I'm in limbo
satinbound

Re:my pm messages

Post by satinbound »

I don't know how to erase, or delete my old messages so I can read new ones. It says my box is full so I am stuck and can't read any new pms Please help. jbrandes762@gmail.com
xseekerx70

Post by xseekerx70 »

Private Messages -> Rules, folders & settings -> Folder Options -> If folder is full: Delete oldest messages

If anyone else sees an option to delete messages do let me know, the above was all I could find.
maxell

Post by maxell »

For every message in your Inbox, Sent folders etc., there's a tick box at the right hand side. Tick the message(s) you wish to delete. At the bottom of the message list on the right hand side is a box with the default option "Mark/Unmark as important". Click on the arrow box to the right of that and that brings up a selection of options with "Delete marked" as one option. Click on that, then click "Go" to the right and Voila!

It sounds more complicated than it is but you can choose which messages you want to delete and which to save.