The satin that you missed

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

The satin that you missed

Post by simonr »

Just had the weirdest satin shopping experience I have ever had.

I came across this beautiful satin dress last week and was immediately drawn to it. However, I had bought quite a few dresses this year and had made myself a promise not to buy another till the end of the year, so struggled for a week to try and suppress the urge to buy.

In the end, the urge was simply too strong. So I went to the shop again yesterday evening and was glad to see that the dress was still there, hanging nicely from the rack. However, before paying for the dress, I had to wait for my girlfriend, who wanted to help me judge its quality.

She arrived half an hour later and I fetched her from the subway station. When we walked to the shop together, I was horrified to see that the dress was gone. I peeked inside the shop and saw a lady trying it on! I hung around the shop and crossed my fingers that the lady would not buy it. Unfortunately for me, she eventually paid for it, after a long debate with her friend on the length of the dress :( So after a whole week hanging there, the beauty was taken away from me in front of my eyes :cry:

Anyway, for everyone's viewing pleasure, here is the dress. it's a 2-piece baju kebaya (a traditional Malay costume)
AlErym8PutKZXl3ql2WgMERkrFDjP_RLUrxy84dMz1jN.jpg
SatinFantasy

Re: The satin that you missed

Post by SatinFantasy »

I missed out on a beautiful satin dress (i think it was satin lined too) on ebay. Pipped in the last second!

Then a couple of days later I aee it pisted on here!

Ahhh well.... no hard feelings. That's the way it goes.

In fact I've missed a few amazing satin items on ebay. I remember a particularly beautiful and shiny wedding dress. It was a great price too. But I put my bid in the last 10 secs and my coverage dropped out at exactly the same time! Gutted!
simonr

Post by simonr »

SatinFantasy wrote:I missed out on a beautiful satin dress (i think it was satin lined too) on ebay. Pipped in the last second!

Then a couple of days later I aee it pisted on here!
Ouch, that's brutal... At least for people like us, who hate to see beautiful satin destroyed...
satindoona

Post by satindoona »

Not quite satin, but some lady was selling a used set of gingerlily silk sheets with four pillow cases, duvet cover and fitted sheet and that one just slipped out of my hands not ten minutes ago. I mean, I went crazy with bidding, when it was all over, I didn't realize that it had gone up to 180 pounds (250 ish) It was annoying though that at the start of the day it was at 40 pounds. I'm sad and glad at the same time I didn't blow that much money but finding silk sheets seems to be a lot more difficult.
If it has genitals on the outside it’s hiding something on the inside. -Karen Walker