Why do we love silk / satin???

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
inlovewithsatin

Re: Why do we love silk / satin???

Post by inlovewithsatin »

I think it's different for everybody. I don't think everyone who has a satin fetish can be placed in the same category for why they love it so much. As for me, it wasn't satin that first got me "hooked" on girls clothes, it was nylon. My mom's and sister's panties and slips. I don't remember exactly how I got started, but I would go into the bathroom and take their panties out of the dirty clothes hamper and touch them. It felt soft to touch and I liked it. Eventually I would become sexually aroused and rub them on my penis. I really didn't get into satin until my sister had some satin dresses in her teens for school dances and such. I think for me, it was the attraction of girls clothes, not necessarily only satin or silk. They're different than men's clothes and soft and feminine. Some people may not have had females clothes to wear as a child but gradually came about later. I don't believe it was "in born" in me. Just that I made a choice to play with panties and other clothes and I liked the feel of it so I continued. I'm sure it would be different reasons for other people.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

inlovewithsatin wrote:I think it's different for everybody. I don't think everyone who has a satin fetish can be placed in the same category for why they love it so much. As for me, it wasn't satin that first got me "hooked" on girls clothes, it was nylon. My mom's and sister's panties and slips. I don't remember exactly how I got started, but I would go into the bathroom and take their panties out of the dirty clothes hamper and touch them. It felt soft to touch and I liked it. Eventually I would become sexually aroused and rub them on my penis. I really didn't get into satin until my sister had some satin dresses in her teens for school dances and such. I think for me, it was the attraction of girls clothes, not necessarily only satin or silk. They're different than men's clothes and soft and feminine. Some people may not have had females clothes to wear as a child but gradually came about later. I don't believe it was "in born" in me. Just that I made a choice to play with panties and other clothes and I liked the feel of it so I continued. I'm sure it would be different reasons for other people.
No offense, but I'm afraid that my interpretation of your story is that there was something already in your mind that predisposed you to be attracted to "soft,silky" fabrics and eventually girls clothes. Does it not seem strange that as, presumably, a small toddler, that you would somehow simply "decide" to go and play with your mum's panties and slips?

As youngsters,we all "choose" to play with various toys, be they teddy bears, dolls, toy cars, toy guns etc. Now, I'm sure there are such things, but I've never heard of anyone with a "toy car fetish", (although yes, lots of people collect them. I still have, as it happens, all of the toy cars I played with as a child, up in the loft. They don't get me sexually aroused though.)

I'm convinced that a "fetish" has to be something deeper than simply a "choice".
inlovewithsatin

Post by inlovewithsatin »

Tatra, i'm not offended...What I meant was that the reason I was attracted to women's clothes is that they were available in my household. For instance if I grew up with only men in the house, I wouldn't have had access to women's clothes. I believe I would have not gotten into it in that circumstance. Like I mentioned, it's probably different for everybody depending on their circumstances and people shouldn't be lumped into one category. Being an individual with a mind of my own, only I can give reasons for my own behavior. Are you a psychologist who has experience interpreting people's behavior? Just asking, no offense intended. Last post on this subject...See lots of people have different opinions. There is no right answer.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

Hi again. No, I'm not a psychologist. In an attempt to understand my own behaviour I have tried researching it.

We aren't going to change one another's opinion here, but I don't think that it would have made any difference at all whether you or I had grown up in a house full of macho men that wore horse hair underwear and if we had never seen a silky garment until our 10th birthday.

Whenever we came across such fabrics then we would have been attracted to them. We might have been more repelled by that attraction by then, thinking it more perverse, something that perhaps doesn't enter the mind of a young child.

I go back to the hetero/homo argument. I don't recall deciding that I was going to be hetero and doubt if tomorrow I could decide to change my mind and become homo.

There are some things in my life that I like that I have been able to give up, (meat being the biggest example.) However, unless I allowed certain parts of my brain to be destroyed there is no way that I could stop myself from getting aroused by silk satin. (OK, if I start to get a hard on and start to concentrate on horse hair underwear I might just be able to over ride it for a while!)

Each of us has a unique combination of hormones that make us what we are and it is those, I believe, that form the basis of any "fetish"

Tatra

PS. As it happens, I've just start another book entitled "How Pleasure Works", "The new science of why we like what we like."

I'll let you know if it enlightens me any!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Why do I love satin?

I love satin because of the way it looks (especially on girls), and the way it feels on the skin. I like to compare it to a woman's touch. Like, when I masturbate, I guess I fantasize that, whomever I'm fantasizing about at the time, is using the satin to get me off, sliding and rubbing it all over my body. Sometimes I'll masturbate in bed and prop my pillows back and lay the satin over me so it's like a girl on top would be, then I just feel and slide and rub it on my body. Something like that. It's amazing.
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

tatra603 wrote:
Each of us has a unique combination of hormones that make us what we are and it is those, I believe, that form the basis of any "fetish"
I totally agree with you... Thats what makes us what we here are.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

I'd just like to make it clear that my view "it's something you're born with" only applies where a fetish element is involved, which I'm assuming would be the majority cases on a forum such as this. I'm sure that there other people that like silk/satin for entirely different reasons that do not get any sexual arousal out of it.

To be honest, I don't really know why I like silk satin. Sure, I can give all of the usual reasons, the way it looks, moves feels, etc, etc, but is there anyone alive anywhere that can explain why nerve impulses from receptors in my skin/eyes produce a particular reaction when received by my brain?

Why can I hold/fondle a dress made of, for example, polyester satin and feel no reaction at all, while swop it for one made of silk charmeuse and I'll be instantly erect? That's what mystifies me, all of those minute electrical impulses firing in our brains.

Of course it's not at all important to understand it. Be it a curse or a blessing, we might as well enjoy it.

Tatra
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

billyboy wrote:
tatra603 wrote:
I totally agree with you... Thats what makes us what we are here.
Something else. Life is too short that we dont take our hormones for real. Everybody has other needs and it is given in our genes. We also learn it from other people or through our experience.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

My view is we love silk & satin because we're human & we all have things we love & things we hate.

I've loved silk & satin since I was a kid,the look of it & the feel of it.I was never into wearing it,I just loved seeing women wearing it although I used to use my older sisters silk slip to stroke my cock & balls when I was a teenager.

I think its just something we're born with & its quite normal.We're here because our love of satin,there's others on different forums because of their love of leather or PVC or velvet...we're all different & that's what makes the human race so interesting.

I never questioned my love of satin but it's not my only fetish...my other fetish I questioned for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3kVsezbo8Q

You try & explain why a 16 year old boy would sit & watch this on TV & get so aroused her shot a load in his pants without even touching his cock.I never understood why.I thought I was weird,I thought I was a freak but despite all the guilty feelings I still got aroused whenever I saw a woman being gunged or pied on TV.I would get so hard with the anticipation,my heart would almost beat out of my chest & occasionally I would make to the bathroom...not often though.

I think we all question or kinks at some point but at the end of the day it's all down to how our brain is wired.Our brain finds something arousing & our body has no choice but to go along for the ride even though another part of our brain questions what's happening isn't normal.In my view our love of all things silky is the same as guys who love blondes over brunettes,football over rugby etc etc...it's just part of what makes you you.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

Well Wheelie, we seem to be in total agreement on this one. I also share your passion for "messy" vids. I can also remember watching TV as a kid getting aroused by women getting "pied", although they had to be wearing a nice dress for it to really work for me.

That too has continued throughout my life. I've already said this many times already on various threads, but I get totally aroused by nice skirts/dresses, (usually silk satin,) getting messed up, (although I can never mess up any of my own extensive collection.)

In my particular case, while I get aroused by seeing a beautiful dress getting destroyed, at the same time I hate seeing it, sometimes struggle to even watch it and, if it was possible, I'd probably try to "rescue" it! I mean, how screwed up and weird is that?

Also, I'm more turned on by "accidental" messing rather than the big bucket of gunge style messing. For me, the bucket of gunge is too much.At various times I've been a member of Orgymax and I have some of their Wam vids. I totally enjoy them up to the point at the dress that I'm interested in is totally gunged, and then I lose interest. It is the start of the gunging that I enjoy the most.

My ultimate turn on is, for example, is seeing a girl wearing a silk satin bridesmaid dress that she really has no particular attachment to. As a result she isn't particularly bothered about what happens to it and it ends up with the hem getting dragged around the dirty floor, drinks getting spilt on it, grubby fingers marks, etc, etc. If she isn't even aware that it is silk, that's even better for me.

I almost have a reverential attitude towards silk satin.

I scour Ebay for silk satin dresses that are listed as "needs cleaning", or words to that effect. When I find them, I simply preserve them in the condition in which I get them. If I want to use them for "stimulation" purposes, I'll always wash my hands before handling them to reduce the chances of me accidentally marking them.

There is some seriously strange "wiring" in my flipping brain!

Tatra.
RodaSaTiNStein

Post by RodaSaTiNStein »

My turn...

My do I love satin?

In short, why not?

Long answer...

On this earth nothing can beat for me of what turns me on more then satin, its the ultimate for me. I love the soft and slippery feel of it on my skin and hard member. The shine that only satin can give off is so incredibly feminine and sexy on a woman's body. Better on a woman that is curvy then skinny for me. The way the shine of satin makes the curves of a woman pop out more is just brilliant and stunning. Not only the feel and look I love but also the sound of satin I love also. I absolutely love the sound satin makes when it rubes against skin, especially during sex. Its great making love to a woman wearing satin and hearing that iconic sound while going in and out of her :)

Like Wheelie, I do have other fetishes but satin is my main one...

Pantyhose/Stockings is another love of mine, I love all the colours and styles, but especailly sheer shiny ones :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92674351@N ... 80776@N05/

Business Skirt Suit or Business Dress, whether in satin or not, when a woman wears one is makes my dick hard :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21641487@N ... 80776@N05/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93734336@N ... 80776@N05/

Tight suit pants, its great seeing a woman walking in front of my in slim pinstripe suit pants, especially with a great ass :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54669619@N ... 80776@N05/

High Heels/Silettos/Pumps, when I hear the sound of these hit the ground in public, I always turn too look at the woman wearing them :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25589968@N ... 80776@N05/

But of course combining those things and you get something amazing like this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strictandc ... hotostream

end of transmission...
Roda-Stein
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/strictandc ... hotostream

There's some great images there Roda but the last one pretty much answers the question why we love silk & satin...well,it does for me :-)