Charity Shop Purchasing Etiquette

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
gownlover

Charity Shop Purchasing Etiquette

Post by gownlover »

Gownlover has for the last few weeks been eyeing up (UP) being the appropriate term a gorgeous full length floating wedding gown from the 1980s with lovely bows and underskirts in the WINDOW of my local Red Cross shop in Somerset. This is an awesome collectors item.

Herewith my dilemma. The dress is on a Mannequin in the window. Ordinarily if a wedding dress is on the rail amongst other clothes I can pick it up sheepishly by mumbling something about it being a present for a friend or whatever or that I am in an amateur dramatics group and need it as a "prop".

I have waited for it to be removed to the rail but despite having been reduced to £40 this fantastic dress is still on the mannequin. It will be so embarrassing to wait there while the (female and frumpy) shop assistant undresses it from the mannequin in full public view, asks those usual questions about who is it for, trying it on and then takes AGES folding it up and fussing around with her equally ancient female colleague about finding a bag big enough, not having any change and what code to ring it up on the till.

As I passed the shop I saw a homeless person begging for £1 for a cup of tea. I was tempted to put him in funds and for a fiver ask him to buy it on my behalf and meet him outside the shop.

I really need to fuck this dress its awesome and if it goes to someone else for £40 I will be gutted. How am I going to get this on board?

Any thoughts please.
coatfun

Re: Charity Shop Purchasing Etiquette

Post by coatfun »

I had the same problem with a charity shop here in the states. Although it wasn't in the window. I made at least 10 visits and left each time without buying it. It was a beautiful full length satin gown with lots of lace and a big satin bow in the back. finally I worked up the nerve to buy it after thinking about someone else possibly getting this dream gown and not appreciate it like I would. I got to thinking how good it would feel sliding my dick on that beautiful satin and how good it would feel cuming as I held the gown close to my naked body.
I waited until about 5 minutes before they closed and made my move I was so focused on how horny the gown made me feel that nothing was going to come between me and this beauty. Just think it's only going to be just a few minutes while she takes it down and rings it up and you will walk away with your prize that's going to give you hours of pleasure over and over again. I let a full length mink coat with a sexy satin lining get bought one time while I was thinking about it and I have hated myself ever since. You only live life once why cheat yourself out of one of the pleasures that you love.
Regards,
Coatfun
maxilover

Post by maxilover »

Gownlover, just say its for a fancy dress party you are going to . To be honest mate all they are interested in is making a sale . Iv brought many coats from charity shops and like yourself used to get embarrassed, and lost out on a few .Not anymore mate , don't let it get away :)
gownlover

Post by gownlover »

Thanks Coatfun and Maxilover for your handy hints!

Sods law having taken on board your wisdom went there today and the dress is nowhere to be seen! Perhaps a "lurker" in our midst from Somerset beat me to it - if you did so please identify yourself but don't worry I will forgive you, you lucky blighter!

Anyway thanks for the ruse. I have spent many a happy Saturday "cruising" charity shops in local towns to me. In the UK thanks to the recession the only things that flourish in our High Streets along with bookmakers and pawn shops our charity shops due to exemption from taxes. One town near me in Devon has 12 Charity shops within a mile radius. I always go by train and as a stranger in the area do a survey of all the shops and dresses/coats on offer. I always visit a few pubs to get some dutch courage. Then about 10m before closing time I make my move and buy the dresses or whatever suitably imbibed and get them bagged and paid for before I return (hopefully laden) with goodies for my pleasure later on and on and on.............

In the UK many charity shops now have "dedicated" Bridal Shops where for about £70-£100 you can get some great designer wedding dresses. Anyway to get over my disappointment I did an E.Bay search refined to wedding dresses within 25m of my postcode. Bingo - I saw a great dress Ronald Joyce with about 10m left to bid on marked "collection in person only". I have won this for £13.50 and am going to collect it on the ruse of being the buyers brother who per chance works in the town - "just wrap it up and he will pay cash on collection" I told the vendor.

I am going to collect this baby on Thursday and will fuck it senseless to drown my sorrows so to speak. The dress will also be drowned in an entirely different manner. Love to hear from all of you charity shop addicts about your experiences.

Anyone in Somerset/Bristol up for a shopping adventure do PM me.

GOWNLOVER
silkysatinlover1

Post by silkysatinlover1 »

Sorry to hear that the dress you've been eying up had already gone! I too am a lover of charity shops you can find some real hidden gems there. A lot of my collection is from charity shops, I recently found a wonderful haul of Bhs nighties which buying new would have been about £15-20 each; 6 different nighties for a grand total of £10! Although I agree actually purchasing can be a bit of an issue especially in this case when all 6 of them were different sizes. What I've found works best is pure confidence, if we really were buying them for a partner etc and didn't have this wonderful fetish of ours there would be no embarrassment whatsoever it's simply because we know in our heads what we are going to do when we get home that leads to our social awkwardness. In this particular instance I managed to quite convincingly tell the woman serving me that my partner and her friends were having an Ann Summers party and I was getting them on my partners orders. Again, it's all about confidence. The best time I managed to keep my cool was when I found this wonderful pj set and when bagging it up the woman serving me who was only about 30ish (and rather good looking to boot) jokingly said "so are these for you then?" You can just imagine what went through my head! Luckily I managed to keep my cool and in my most confident joking persona replied "yeah definitely! Ha no they're for the missus" we both laughed and I exited the shop with my purchase, went around the corner and almost had a nervous breakdown! Needless to say when I got home and "enjoyed" my purchase all I could think of was that woman, lucky she was so damn hot!
gownlover

Post by gownlover »

Thanks silky satin lover for such an eloquent reply.

You and I (and others) are clearly on the same wavelength!

Happy foraging (shopping) and keep up the good work.

GOWNLOVER
satinsliplover

Post by satinsliplover »

8845459261_14bd5f3a44 - Copy.jpg
Hello... Please excuse this rather ''off the beam' thread, but I'm using it to attempt to attach a photo of a dress, and girl..that I'd love to trash...
its just a pic that I found on the net... but that I think a great turn...
Your comments are very welcome
taz1892

Post by taz1892 »

006.JPG
first purchase in a charity shop, took my eye from the moment i clocked it as i walked in gave the girl a story that it was part of birthday prezzy for the misses as we allways have to have one prezzy from a charity shop, didn't bat an eye lid cant wait to shoot my first load all over it :D
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

I'm way past the point of worrying about what any charity shop sales assistant may think. As has already been said, confidence is the key. After all, they usually don't know you and you are unlikely to ever meet them outside the context of a charity shop. I think that trying to blurt out some kind of excuse for buying a dress/skirt does itself sound suspicious. Best not say anything I think. If they should ask, then fancy dress/theater group are easy options.

What is more awkward is getting spotted amongst the dresses in a local shop by someone you know.

I was once shopping in Monsoon during one of their sales. 20 mins later my phone rang. It was the guy from work that was in charge of rostering so, thinking it was work related I answered it. He asked me where I was so I told him "Sunderland". He then asked what I was doing buying dresses in Monsoon!

Turns out some ex-employee had been in there with his girlfriend and had seen me buying some dresses. Thinking he had the scoop of the year he was straight onto the office. I started off by asking if there was something wrong with me buying dresses in Monsoon, which made him bluster a bit and then I added that I was actually buying them in the sale for a cousin that then re-sells them on Ebay.

Nothing was ever said about it again but I was a little bit anxious the next time I had to go into the office.

Tatra.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

That was fast thinking on your feet Tatra603.