Intelligent Conversation

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
beautyinsatin

Intelligent Conversation

Post by beautyinsatin »

First let me tell all of you a few things about myself before i get started. I am a straight man who has a deep appreciation for special event type satin and silk dresses such as prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses. I do not destroy, damage, or stain my dresses. I have been browsing this website for a few months and have found few other sites that are geared towards discussion of my particular interest. I am creating this thread to try to spark some intelligent discussion. If you have nothing constructive to add or are only interested in taking the discussion into the gutter then please don't post a response. I am trying to put the entirety of my obsession/fetish or whatever you want to call it into words and as anyone who has revealed this to another person can tell you I don't want any smart ass remarks.

I first started to realize my fascination when i was about 13 and i would steal my mother's slips and use them to masturbate. Later on in my teen years this developed into a fascination with women in dresses of all kinds. Whenever I would see a woman in a satin or silk dress it would capture my attention immediately. Whether it was as fancy as a wedding dress or a full kimono, or something as simple as a cocktail dress, evening dress, or a cheongsam. This may have been fueled by my high school sweetheart taking my virginity on the night of the junior ball wearing a stunning red satin dress that still hangs in my closet to this day in perfect condition. Ever since I can remember I have always been a sucker for a woman in a beautiful dress. It is my opinion that the dress makes the woman. You could turn a street urchin into a princess with the right dress.

I consider myself an intellectual so I have done my best to analyze my own interest in dresses to better understand why I love them and how that effects who I am as a person. After much thought i have come to the conclusion that my appreciation for such finery stems from what I think of as a female, using the term literally. Any one of you could think of all the women you have known and accurately determine which ones are more feminine than the others. It is a state of mins and an attitude that makes a woman truly feminine. In today's society women have spent so much time in their quest for equality that I think they are starting to lose touch with their own femininity. Rare is it nowadays to see a woman with hair longer than shoulder length. The majority of women nowadays prefer to wear pants rather than a skirt or dress. While I have absolutely no problem with a woman who is strong and independent, I prefer it actually, she also has to be in touch with herself as a woman. These types of fancy occasion dresses to me symbolize the essence of the female. Never will a woman be more attractive to me then when she is wearing a beautiful dress with her hair down.

Now somewhere along the line I looked at this picture of femininity and wanted it for myself. I reiterate that I am a man as straight as an arrow. Yet I derive so much pleasure from putting on one of these dresses. It isn't necessarily just to do with the fabric of the dress either. Satin and silk are definitely more pleasing to me, but at the same time a full length satin dress is much more to me then a silk gown that covers the same amount of my body. The concept of the dress and what is resembles is what I like. In fact the primary reason I take such good care of my dresses is that they lose their allure once they are dirty or damaged. While I will admit a large portion of my fascination is sexual is does seem to be more than that. I can wake up in the morning, put a dress on, and just wear it all day. I will do chores in it, watch television in it. cook and eat dinner in it, and I make masturbate or have sex in it, but I may not. There have been plenty of days where i wear the dress all day, then at bedtime hang it up in the closet without a second thought on the matter.

I do not consider myself a cross-dresser as odd as that seems. I don't wear my satin in public. I am far too proud to do that as of yet. I don't wear women's panties, heels, stockings, or anything else of that nature. I just like dresses. I prefer them full length as I believe when a woman wears a dress it's what you don't see that is interesting. I have never had better sex then when my partner and me are both wearing dresses. It is by far the best personal experience I have ever had. I have only told one person about this. She is the same high school sweetheart I spoke of earlier. We have dated 3 separate times and her understanding and acceptance of my quirk is one of the reasons I am constantly drawn back to her. She is more than happy to indulge my fantasies without judgement which has allowed me to deeply explore this fascination of mine.

Yet the disconnect remains. I know why I love dresses. I know that I love to wear them and use them for sex and recreation. The disconnect that my mind cannot discover is how I translated my love for a woman in a dress, to putting myself into them. I hold no reservations about it. I am more happy than ever when I get to spend the day lounging around in a nice dress. I just seek to understand it more completely. So I would like some opinions form some like minded people. Since you are on this site its obvious that you love satin and silk dresses as much as I do. The real question, is why? Why do you love them so much? Is this a deeper seeded psychological issue or a simple rebellious tendency to tell the world that as men we just want to wear a nice dress once in a while too without having our masculinity put in question?
IReallyLovePureSilk

Re: Intelligent Conversation

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

I would like to say, first of all, welcome to the forum! I'm sort of a newbie in this forum also but I've been aware of it for a while.

You and I are much alike in most ways...aside from the fact that I have no one to share my silk desires and I prefer silk satin/charmeuse over other fabrics like it.

I don't like to destroy my silks either and don't like seeing silk destroyed by most means. I don't mind though some (not all) ripping, some clean water wetlooks and a little cum on silk (only if it's from the feel of it and not just standing over the silk, jerking till exploding). I find those a little satisfying, but everything else I despise. To each his or her own, but I'd rather keep them virtually perfect without having to go to the dry cleaner! I have ways of my own keeping my silks clean from my own playtime.

I have worn my silk dresses & skirts but I do not go all out with it either. In fact, I have a YouTube channel in the same username if you'd like to see some of what I did. I am aware that people look at it as some dude is wearing a silk dress and doesn't look past that. But, they don't look at my channel description and I keep that clear. I don't publicize my videos as a means of fondling in front of the camera if they're public. I made them for people who appreciate the look of pure silk satin in motion and what better way of showing that with a completely full circle skirt (or double even)! If I really wanted to show more than just that, I'd either make them private or use Xtube or -removed-. I have nothing on -removed- but I posted a couple of things on Xtube. Same username so it's recognizable. If I do find the woman who would be into what I like, I'll pull them videos off. In the meantime, they'll still be up.

I don't go as far as wearing my silks in a full day, although I have tried a couple of times. Very rarely do I put them on. I just mostly masturbate with it, mostly with silk scarves and sheets and I leave most of my silk dresses intact for the woman I seek. There is only one dress I have that I had to indulge in letting the silk go nuts over my cock and I still have some of those indulges every now and then. I haven't cum on the dress yet, mostly cause I'm wanting the same dress in the same size in the same quality. Once I find that, I will definitely take my indulgence to that level! Another thing, I like my silks to also be wrinkle free when I do put them on. Feeling the silk slide around without wrinkles is an amazing feeling and against the wind is just even more exhilarating!

Do I look good in a dress or skirt? I feel that I don't at all. I'd rather a woman wear my silk garments (or hers if she has any) in front of me. I'd want to put my hands all over her silk covered body, even undressing her for that matter on silk sheets! I'd want to put my woman first because she'd be the more important thing over silk, but I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have silk involved. I don't want for her to feel "unattractive" because I get aroused by the look and feel of it. If there was a woman out there that understands my silk passion and embraces it (and also gets aroused as well from the feel of it), I don't think I'll ever look at another woman like I would for her because she would be what I would want in a woman! I'll accept her if she accepts me!

Finding that person though is a challenge on my part. It could be psychological, but I try not to make it an insane case out of it. I work nights so it's hard to interact with those who don't. I'm a gamer so it's (sort of) tough to find one that would like that sort of thing. I like to watch and play basketball so I'm active sometimes with that. I'm a big movie buff, especially action and martial arts movies. I also "try" to look out for scenes of silk anywhere in movies and shows. I'd like for my woman (wherever she may be) to wear any of my silk garments if she can fit in some of them. I have many that are between US sizes 2-8 and just a few that are a couple sizes larger. If she's cute, doesn't smoke and hardly drinks, I'd love to see her wear them for me, amongst other things...

If I left out anything, let me know. I just thought I'd throw my feelings of silk out there in this post and welcome you to the forum!

I'm surprised you got what you wanted from your high school sweetheart 3 times! I've yet to experience something like that. Boggles my mind also on the disconnect between you and her.

PM me if you want to share more...or reply to my post if you like. I've got nothing to hide...well, except my identity in which this is the internet.

Look forward to next month where one of my silk dresses will be in a set on MySatin or SatinPlay. It says SatinPlay in the watermark at the bottom of the picture I have used as an avatar here so if it's on that site, I'm very excited to see the whole sets in both photo and video form!
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

maiden

Post by maiden »

Excellent story! I too, dont know the answers why. But there must be a part of our brain chemistry that has female urges, maybe, maybe not.

I would love to get more dresses, but they're so expensive and hard to get. Satin lingerie is much cheaper, and can be found at most malls. It is also easier for me to purchase, cause it could be for a girlfriend.

I only have one light blue satin dress, found it for only 10 bucks at a thrift store, but it's too small for me. haha
beautyinsatin

Post by beautyinsatin »

I myself have a small collection of about 6 dresses, only 3 of which actually fit me. I have an entire drawer full of slips, nightgowns, and other types of lingerie. I use the lingerie to masturbate with and rarely wear it. But even though i have 10 times as much lingerie as I do dresses I consider the dresses to be much more important. I have a roommate that is unaware of my interest which is why i only get to hang around the house in a dress when my roommate is at work. The 3 dresses that fit me I bought for myself specifically for that purpose. The 3 that don't fit me were worn my my previously mentioned ex-girlfriend and even though i can't wear them and I don't dare damage them they have much sentimental value to me and will remain permanently in my collection. Just in case my ex and I decide to give it another go I'd love for her to use them again. Our relationship is like that. We have a deep connection to each other and would most likely never have broken up once let alone 3 times but life decided differently for us unfortunately.

As for purchasing new dresses. I don's have the expendable income to buy new one at the moment. However, all 3 of my personal dresses were bought from thrift stores in the area. My favorite which is a pink bridesmaids dress that I am actually wearing as I write this was bought in brand new never worn condition for 10 bucks! It was the deal of the century and its why I would continue to visit thrift stores, but I bought these dresses when I had my girlfriend with me as to not look like a weirdo. Sadly the taboos in society don't afford me the non judgmental ability to buy a dress for myself. I have also seen many good deals on craigslist and eBay and since i can't have them shipped right to my house for fear of my roommates suspicion I have found it very convenient to use a post office box at my local post office. The only real issue I run into I finding dresses I can actually wear. I have a rather large build, not considered fat by any means, just wide shouldered and such. Not to mention I obviously don't have any tits to hold up a strapless dress which seems to be most of them nowadays. So finding a dress that is my size, with straps, that I actually find tasteful can be difficult as I don't like "bling", i.e. sequins and the like.
maiden

Post by maiden »

I was at a thrift store this morning. Didnt feel like getting any lingerie though, nothin nice there. I have bought lots there so far. My biggest fear is running into someone I know. It did happen one time, at a lingerie store in our downtown mall. Someone who I actually work with too.lol I just said I was exchanging a xmas present, for my parents who live an hour away from me. They don't have this store there. I imagine she bought it. lol She never saw me inside the store, just walking out. It could have been a big old cotton robe, for all she knew.

The other problem is how do you know if the dress will even fit, and yeah, the strapless ones don't work so good. lol And even at 9 in the morning, those thrift stores are already busy. The staff is putting clothes on the racks, always seem to gotta be right by me!! Lots of customers already walking around. This store also has 4-5 huge aisles of blouses. But do you think there's any satin ones in there? Hardly at all!

You could do what I did. Get your own place and rack up your credit card. haha but at least you'd have your satin anytime you want.

What part of the world are you from? I'm from Canada.
satinedge

Post by satinedge »

beautyinsatin,

Please don't let others make you feel like your not a man, specially your room mate. That thought alone brings me to a time when I moved out of my parents house and moved in with a friend. We only had one tv in the house which was in the living room. I was used to his working schedule and thought he left. I went into the living and popped in a exotic movie but this time it was different. I had my king size satin sheets with me. Fully wearable and fuckable. I started to 'get off' but before I knew it, he walked out and caught me.
Good thing I was covered up completely.

It was so damn awkward at first but broke-down and told him my fetish. He accepted and thought nothing of it... but to have it in MY bedroom only. Kinda like I was grounded... lol

Seems my fetish started when I was 7. When I hid in the department stores racks. I fell upon satin nighties... For some odd reason I just took out my member and had a quick go. Never orgasm'd but that was what started it. And I got older... just the thought of me abusing my mom's nighties... Cant wait to get to mine tonight.

Things have changed though. I have been married 1 year but have been friends for 8 years. I married my best friend and she fully accepts my fetish. It was SLOW at first. Telling her I like her in satin and that I LIKE out satin sheets. It built from there... Until she kinda caught me. We talked for a moment and she totally opened up to me and my fetish. The next night we made love under our satin sheets. Totally tight and restricted. Our breathing made it hotter and the satin stuck to us and our movements. I will NEVER forget that moment when I was free.

... I have faith in you and this satin forum. You can find a mate to share this with. I love satin nightgowns. I love making love to them, I clean them and then abuse em again, I f'n love it. I DONOT destroy or rip. Most are in my size. And I cant get enough... Funny, I just bought another on eBay.

Good luck my Satin Friends...
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
beautyinsatin

Post by beautyinsatin »

To answer some of your responses, don't get me wrong, I am fully secure in my own masculinity. I merely prefer to avoid the awkwardness of having my interest revealed to the world. The only reason I can pull it off here is thanks to the wonderful anonymity afforded to us by the internet. I have actually been very close to being caught several times. However, due to planning ahead, careful executing, and my own inherent give for colorful expression, i.e. lying, I have pursued my fetish for almost 15 years now without anyone being the wiser. I live on the eastern coast of the united states but would rather not get any more specific than that to avoid identification if you don't mind.

I feel we have strayed from the tropic at hand though. We all love satin, and we all use it as a sexual aide of some kind. What I wanted to hear from some of you is why you love it. Go beyond the mere fact that is feels good against your skin or that it brings you sexual pleasure to wear/stain/abuse it. These are all effects of the obsession, not the cause. While I have spent a lot of time analyzing my own take on it I still have some blanks to fill in so I want to hear some collective experiences on how satin became important to you in the first place and then how it transformed into what it means to you today.
maiden

Post by maiden »

No, that's cool. I respect that. I was just curious. That's why I only asked you what "part" of the world you're from. And why I only said Canada.
It seems like there's a lot of people from the UK. Satin seems to be really popular there. I wished I lived there. lol
But I think we're pretty safe here. If somebody you knew found this website, and read this thread, they would maybe be seeking out this this topic on their own too, any maybe have similar interests. I'm sure you're careful with leaving your computer on, when your roommate is home.
I love it here, and have been around a little more lately than usual.

I'm getting a little tired of hiding it from everybody myself. I don't mean blabbing it to the whole world. My girlfriend is going to find out eventually, either that or I'm gonna have to call the whole thing off. I think she might be open to it, not sure though. She is quite perverted and has asked about fetishes, S&M, threesomes, toys. etc. But the only thing we've agreed on so far, is that it's only to be the 2 of us together, and no whips and chains lol. I have told my best friend of 25 years, and he doesn't think any less of me. And I also told a girlfriend I had a couple years ago. I started my own thread very recently called "Your Advice Please". Don't know if you had the chance to read it.

My satin obsession started at about 13-14 with a pair of satin gym shorts and a small satin Iron Maiden flag, which I peeled off all the decal. lol And of course mom's panty and slip drawer. I think a lot of us started there. lol

I honestly don't know why I do it other than it's so soft and feels so good. I'm trying to figure this out for myself too. I'll be 39 this year, but the crossdressing only started 5 years ago for me. I think it stems from realizing I might not ever find that perfect partner, so I've created her myself. Which brings up psychological and schizophrenic concerns. My aunt is schizo. But my desire to dress up like a girl maybe once or twice a week, and NEVER leave the house, makes me feel pretty safe with my mental health. I get to look, and feel, and smell EXACTLY how I would imagine a partner, so thats why I prefer to do it myself.

I am also quite secure in my masculinity, but definitely have questions. That's where my username Maiden comes from. I love Iron Maiden and all rock and metal music and play in a band. But Maiden could be taken other ways, that's why I thought it was a good username.

I do know that satin has very therapeutic benefits as well. As well as perfume. I can be having the worst day, and just smelling and feeling a satin garment can already make me feel better. Without even thinking about masturbation or not.

I highly agree with you about the majority of women out there not being as feminine anymore. Maybe that's why we do it. Not sure. That's why I said maybe there's part of out brain chemistry that has female urges. But what makes satin strictly a feminine pleasure? Why can't men enjoy it too. Sure they make satin boxers, pants and robes for men, but they're nowhere near as exciting as female satin items!

Anyways, I hope some of this helps, and still on topic.
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

I may have missed part of your question as well. I figured that I might have. Anyways, I think that in my theory that if the fascination starts out very young, that it may stick with you for a long time and would be very tough to shake off because of how the feelings are strong for it. My fascination, strange as it may seem, started out in my earliest elementary school days. Sometimes during gym, there was a red and white striped parachute that we used for an activity and I was fascinated by it's look and feel. I've always wanted my own strangely enough. For some reason it kind of grew from then on because there was this red/white/blue sheet I had, which wasn't at all silk or satin, that I treated it like it was a parachute. The way it settled on top of me was a very nice feeling.

Later on in my years, it grew to regular satin sheets that I discovered. My aunt and uncle had some in their home and once I've seen and felt the sheets, I became fascinated more on that because of it's shiny look and smooth feel. I don't remember if I hit age 10 once I've discovered satin but if so, it's still pretty early. I wasn't sexually active towards it at the time.

It wasn't until the 90's that I got sexually active towards it and the main reason that I mentioned the 90's is because the trend of the "silk shirt" came into effect! It was not only girls wearing them but guys were too! The way the silk resembled the parachute in look, feel and movement got me fascinated by having some fun with it like a parachute!

It wasn't until mid high school years that I actually got my first silk shirts because back then I was pretty much finding silky fabrics such as polyester and nylon and using those for my playtime with it, even those weren't in my masturbation stage...not until I seen a silk scarf that my grandmother had. That was when I actually wanted to feel silk or satin for the first time naked and that grew into my first masturbation...and it was with that silk scarf that led me to my love for pure silk over others.

My dad had a couple of silk shirts that I usually "borrowed" for my little playtime with them, the white one felt the best because it was light and the texture of it was very smooth, smoother than the polyester satin sheets were in my opinion. I had my ways with those silk shirts...never cumming onto them which was pretty brilliant on my part cause they would never know what's been going on with them. Until later on, they caught on with what I was doing with them. But, sometime after I got a couple of my own as gifts. I still wonder to this day to why I got my own but I think it's more of a fact that they didn't want me to go after theirs, though my grandmother didn't approve much on that but accepted the fact I did have my own. I was also seeing a therapist with my grandmother because it was mostly I wasn't doing so great in school. Though a couple of times the silk shirt thing was brought up. I couldn't describe well as to why I enjoyed it so much. That wasn't really the main issue as to why I went to see one.

I was on my own after she died a couple years after I graduated from high school and that's when my silk collection really kicked off. Mostly through thrift stores I sifted through the clothing sections finding silk shirts. When I got my first computer, I started buying from eBay for those. I also discovered on my own a different type of silk which I thought was odd for silk...silk satin (or charmeuse as others would call it). I couldn't believe how smooth it was and how fluid it looked! I picked up silk pajamas and robes from that type of fabric. Also around that time, I discovered full silk skirts, mostly because they resembled not only the parachutes from my younger years, but the iconic Marilyn Monroe and her white halter dress. Just a few years back I discovered halter dresses in satin type of silk with the full skirt and just had to buy one to see how it was. My collection drastically grew from that. That's why I have so many now. I wanted nearly every color from every designer that was available, mostly online. It's mostly why I'd love to see any woman reenact Marilyn Monroe in one of those dresses!

I think that's where my fascination of silk sticks to me. It's just as smooth as soft skin can be, yet it flows and drapes so wonderfully around that I believe any type of satin can catch any persons eye. Once I see someone wear it, I just can't help but try get a better view of it. Most of the time, I want to say something to them about what they're wearing like "I like what you're wearing!" but wouldn't know what they'll think or say if I do, even if it is silk pajamas they're wearing.

I hardly wear silk outside, though there was a job where I did on occasion wear a silk shirt to work at one of my second jobs, mostly because I could get away with wearing one without anyone giving me grief. I wasn't a walking hard on all the time during work, but it's nice rolling the window down driving just to feel the silk flutter over my body.

In a way, I don't think I've really "transformed" my views towards it and I still feel like a regular guy cause I don't wear them as often and I'm more attracted towards women then men. It's just finding that right woman to share it with personally will be a big challenge for me. To be honest, I don't really know what I'd do if I didn't have silk around. I have masturbated and came without silk before and I think I can manage, but silk definitely arouses me more and I cum much harder seeing and using it!

BTW I'm from the USA. I know that Europeans enjoy satin as much if not more than Americans do. I myself like a strong and capable woman, but I feel they should wear silk blouses, skirts, lingerie and dresses more than a shirt or jeans & pants. I don't mind some pretty tomboys, but I feel they need to be a little more feminine sometimes. I think nowadays they're getting to be more independent than us guys think but being as I'm working a lot and staying home isn't telling me much.

Sorry for the long reply, though I wonder if this helps in my case at all with what you're aiming for in this topic. Let me know!
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

Frillylover

Post by Frillylover »

Hello and welcome!

I agree with you wholeheartedly when you say the dress makes the women. I think women fighting so hard these days for equal rights have, in the process, kind of forgotten how to be women. I don't mean "sexy" "skimpy" or "trashy" ...heaven knows we have an over abundance of that these days. I mean truly be feminine and proud of their womanhood. Like you said it's not always about what you show, but what is left to the imagination.
Now somewhere along the line I looked at this picture of femininity and wanted it for myself. I reiterate that I am a man as straight as an arrow. Yet I derive so much pleasure from putting on one of these dresses. It isn't necessarily just to do with the fabric of the dress either. Satin and silk are definitely more pleasing to me, but at the same time a full length satin dress is much more to me then a silk gown that covers the same amount of my body. The concept of the dress and what is resembles is what I like. In fact the primary reason I take such good care of my dresses is that they lose their allure once they are dirty or damaged.
I too am into dresses, big dresses (e.g. poofy formal gowns such as wedding and prom gowns from the 80s). I also enjoy period gowns (and all the related underpinnings and whatnot) from the Victorian and Civil War era, but those would not be made of satin so I don't talk about that here. Poofy dresses are actually my main fetish, with a satin fetish sort of being a branch off of that...since formal dresses are often made of it. That being said I don't really post here all that often since I'm not really into other items made of satin, or seeing satin destroyed. But I've seen enough people here with similar interests to make joining worthwhile.

Like you I own a couple of dresses myself, and I hear you about how difficult it is finding dresses that'll fit a more manly build. I commend you for being brave enough to buy dresses from a thrift store, I've only bought on ebay. I've been trying for years to understand my fascination with big poofy ballgowns, and I still have yet to pinpoint it. I think it steams from many things, not just one single thing. But I know for a fact there's way more too it then just getting turned on by soft fabric (though that is part of it, don't get me wrong). I've been trying to analyze it for a while and have come to the conclusion that even if I never have the answer as to 'why', that this interest of mine is still a gift and I should just enjoy it. I think you should too. :D
Fan of the frillies
beautyinsatin

Post by beautyinsatin »

I definitely take every bit of enjoyment out of my obsession that I can regardless of how much I also want to analyze it. I believe that knowing oneself is a very important component to being truly happy. If you deny yourself what you enjoy, no matter how weird or obscene it may seem to to others, you end up depriving yourself in the long run just because of societal taboos. As a life-long wallflower I have learned how to get to know a person more by observing their behavior than by and amount of conversation. Most people spend huge amounts of time in fact hiding their true intentions and feeling in direct contact that the behavior is the only way to actually tell who someone is at their core. With sex being one of our most base desires it is possible to gleam huge amounts of information about someone by analyzing how they like to have sex and what fantasies they want to fulfill. I have turned this method on myself and used my own sexual proclivities to learn more about my true nature as a person. This is why whenever I find something I enjoy sexually I want to explore it as much as I can as long as it doesn't become a danger to others.

Frillylover, IReallyLovePureSilk and Maiden, your replies were very detailed and were exactly the kind of personal insight I wanted people to express. In this way I can get new ideas on new ways to explore my own fetish. As one person my mind is naturally limited to my own personal experiences and knowledge so it is always helpful to cast a line into the proverbial pond for new information.

Also Frillylover, as much as I appreciate fancy dress I too love the look of victorian dresses and ballgowns as well as modern ballgowns and quinceanera dresses. I think these dresses are absolutely beautiful even if the older ones aren't satin or silk. I would't get one for myself though as I prefer my dresses to be practical in the sense that I like wearing them in an everyday setting around the house and most of them are way too big and poofy to even sit down in properly.
tvlaura1172

Post by tvlaura1172 »

I'd just like to say how wonderful it is to FINALLY come into contact with a group of people who have such similar tastes to myself. For so long I've always found myself chatting online to people who claim to like ballgowns and skirts and silk and satin, only to then be more interested in panties or stockings or PVC and leather etc.....the latter certainly does nothing for me.

It's so great to have people who are articulate enough to express so well, all the thoughts and desires that I've had for so long. I just adore beautiful ball gowns, silky evening wear, pouffy prom dresses and bridal wear, I think there are fewer beautiful sights in this world than that. As much as I agree with you beautyinsatin, I actually feel that a lot more women are starting to re-embrace their femininity, at least at lot more than they were about 10 or 12 years ago, when it was a miracle almost to see a girl in a dress or skirt with almost all women wearing trousers and so many pretty young ladies in their teens or early twenties wearing combats and a strappy top as the order of the day....such a waste. It's nice to see a big resurgence in 50s style dresses and a few ladies not ashamed to enjoy wearing a nice big frilly petticoat beneath a wonderful A-line long flared skirt.

I'd love to make contact with any of you who'd love to chat about their passion for full dresses, and true silk and satin elegance, so do feel free to pm me or contact me if anyone fancies sharing a few stories or just to have a good chat about such beauty. Feel free to contact me if you want to chat via Skype etc. It's just such a good feeling being arounded like minded people who are keen to share their thoughts.
taffetarose

Post by taffetarose »

I hope that after six months of inactivity, this topic is still open. I have a theory as to why we love satin (and/or taffeta) so much, that is beyond the fact that it feels so good on our skin or that it gives a particular sexual thrill.

Take the case of a lad who somehow tries out satin as a new sex toy during masturbation. Let's say he likes it, really likes it. Maybe he wants to assert himself and spray his seed all over the satin. Or maybe he wants to be free to explore leaving his male self behind and living as a girl. He will do it again and again. Could it be that it eventually dawns on him that he can have sex, very satisfying sex, anytime he wants it, without a female.? This can be a moment of great liberation for him, especially if he has a history of going without. He goes from looking for a female to looking for more satin. He goes from having to concern himself with her needs and wants to focusing only on his own pleasure. Could it be that his gratitude for this turn of events is so great that he falls in love with what made it all possible, the satin.?

In my own case, the discovery of silk, satin and taffeta occurred when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was accompanied by the urge to actually wear the slips and dresses and by my getting a ridgid hard-on. I quickly developed a preference for taffeta. I did all the things a lad should do; I dated, went to parties and dances. This was the fifties and the dresses were so beautiful. Eventually I got married and had three children. Thru all this, I did not, I could not, give up my secret love affair with taffeta. Around 1980, I decided to quit trying to be something I wasn't. There were no fireworks about it. I simply set up a hiding place in my basement workshop and started to buy my own lingerie and stockings and shoes. This marks the point where I really felt that decades of load had been lifted. I was so thankful. I was free to be me. Today, my wife is deceased, the kids all live at least 2000 miles away and I am on my own. I have a small collection of satin and taffeta which I mix and match to get a variety of sensations as my Lady Taffeta and I make love. And I have never been more in love with my taffeta.

Food for Thought?
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

Curious how I didn't see this thread earlier. My attraction to satins and silks started around age three. It probably was my first memory. My mother used to store her fancy clothing in my bedroom. Like every child, I had my adventures playing in the closet. For me, running my hands and face over the soft silky fabric was one of my favorite activties and obviously had imprinted on my psyche. My Mom's best friend also had a daughter a year older than me. We spent a lot of time together, she was a girly-girl. I'm not sure if we played dress-up or not. But I certainly envied her wardrobe. I probably observed that girls received more physical affection than boys did.

Teenage years were a very lonely time for me. My parents were separated for work reasons. My brother was in and out of jail. I was a socially awkward teen left to my own devices. I remember going through a bag of clothing ready for charity and taking out an old fashion satin slip she was discarding. It was the most beautiful item I had ever seen. An ivory full slip, with satin ribbon and lace straps and a fancy bastiste and lace hem. I literally wore than slip to peices. I cherish all of my silky clothing, so cumming or destroying a loved item was the last thing on my mind. On non-PE days at school I even wore the slip under my clothing. Psychologically, I probably was tempting to be discovered as a rebellion against the indifference from my family. I had a couple of minor outings, but was never blasted for being a deviant. I know my Mom had found my stash a couple of times, but didn't react or do anything about it. I used to "borrow" fashion magazines and catalogs. So I slowly built my collection of images to dream about. Again, there was very little physical affection from my Mom, nor did she wear a lot of satin. I lucked out and found her one satin slip that she didn't want. Truthfully, my Father was the affectionate one and I didn't see him more than a few times a year.

Honestly, during my early teens, if someone had offered me a pink pill to transform me into a girl. I would have swallowed it without hesititation. In my late teens I started to grow. I got big, strong, hairy and made all-conference in water polo. I looked like your typical blond-haired jock from California. Inside, I still wanted to be a pink satin fairy princess. I began to date, had fun, had sex, and naturally was attracted to feminine girls, especially those who wore satin. At parties or event, I would survey the lanscape and walk straight up to the pretty girl in the satin blouse and more often than not, she would be my date for the evening and maybe beyond. Complimenting her about her outfit was a nice door-opener. It helped that I was an athelete scholar, so I had risen socially in high school. The biggest secret I learned about getting in good with girls was from my female cousin. She said if you want girls to like you, get them to talk about themselves. Girls love nothing better than a nice guy who is a good listener. Thanks Lisa, you gave me a nugget.

Meeting girls became relatively easy for me, but I also wasn't a jerk either. I liked to talk with women and get to know them. I did tell a couple of girlfriends how I loved the feel of silk. I down-played it, if they only knew that I was totally obsessed with all things satin, that might have created an awkward moment. I just played it off that I liked women in silk and would buy them lingerie as presents. I noticed that they would start wearing more and more silky clothing as our relationship progresses. Psychologically I think this is called conditioning.

After college, I moved to San Francisco, where a guy buying a silk dress for themselves is an everyday occurance. I became a rare species in SF, a straight guy who also was interested in the feminine. This was even before the metrosexual phenom of the 90's. For girls, I was like having a gay friend who they could share their interests and feeling with, but at the end of the night go to bed with.

I met my future wife at age 25. Immediately I knew that she was not just another girlfriend. She would be "the one." I actually told her about my silk/satin fetish on our third date. Her reaction was "is that it?" She loved the feel of silk too. In her mind, anyone with brains would prefer silk against the skin. She was finishing her modeling career (normal models as done by the age of 25) and had lots of experience being dresses in formal and wedding clothing. As far as making love while dresses in satin, if it feels good, didn't care what I was wearing.

After 25 years of marriage and raising children. We are alone again. As soon as the work of the day is done, we dress up in our satin lingerie and loungewear and spend the evening in our sensuous silks and enjoy our girl time together. Over the years, I realized that I am probably 80% satin fetishist and 20% crossdresser. I cannot explain why? Sorry, a wool skirt or a sweater doesn't turn me on. Satins and silks do. I would never pass as feminine, so living a femme lifestyle outside the home is not an option. But enjoying the sleek feel of satins and charmeuse continues to be an unstoppable love. I have gotten more interested in taffeta and organza lately, so maybe there is some new experiences for me down the road. It has been an enjoyable journey and made even more precious by being able to share it with my soul mate.

I am very, very lucky.
taffetarose

Post by taffetarose »

AlanaRaso,

Welcome to this thread. You have quite a story there and you are lucky indeed. You say that you are becoming more interested in taffeta and organza lately. Perhaps you would be interested in my Flickr site which reflects my lifelong fascination with taffeta.

www.flickr.com/photos/taffeta-rose

While you're at it, you might take a look at the Yahoo Groups site Fetish4taffeta. It's good for all things taffeta.

groups.yahoo.com/group/FETISH4TAFFETA

Taffeta Rose
taffeta.rose@yahoo.com