Gaby Roslin

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
pablo999

Gaby Roslin

Post by pablo999 »

Does anyone remember when Gaby Roslin was presenting the Big Breakfast (UK breakfast TV) in the mid 1990s and she went through a phase of wearing the most lovely silk satin shirts? I remember the first one i saw was white, but worn under a horrid 90s jacket. Then one morning, I switched on and she was in a lovely lihgt blue satin shirt with no jacket. It was sensational. Other colours I remember were gold, lilac and lihgt orange. One christmas special she presented the whole show in a pair of red silk satin PJs. All really high quality.

She also had a evening chat show on channel 4 where she wore a black satin trouser suit, an ice blue satin miniskirt suit and a gold mini skirt suit.

And then there's the 1990s Children in Need charity telethons on BBC. I remember one show she was in a red satin skirt suit and black satin shirt.

Just wish it had been the days of the net when someone would have grabbed clips. Great days, would love to see some pics or vids if anyone has them
Satinesque

Re: Gaby Roslin

Post by Satinesque »

Yes - I remember her incredible skill in choosing blouses. My personal favourite on a lady is the classic shirt blouse.

Sian Williams (of, or formerly) from breakfast TV, also had some beautiful blouses. I once recorded 2 hours of the show, just to keep her beautiful dark-wine satin shirt blouse mine to watch, forever.

I wish more women had that sort of taste on TV.
"Slippery, When Dry!"
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

haha OMG i must say british TV personality had more taste in satin trend than US in the pasts...not sure how is the trend now though :lol:
pablo999

Post by pablo999 »

Hi, been a long time, but I have managed to find some videos of Gaby on youtube wearing one of her fabled satin shirts, the pale lilac one. I've put a link to a vid i've made on it on the videos section in general. This also takes you to a few other satin Gaby outfits, a black satin trouser suit from her talk show days and the lovely red satin skirt suit/black satin shirt from BBC telethon Children in Need, although it's a blink and you'll miss it.

As i've said in the video thread, I don't get any financial reward from clicks to the links and I'm not looking for it either. I just want to share the videos for general enjoyment and hope that people can copy and post elsewhere for posterity and security over deletions/site crashes.

I'm sure there are more lovely 1990s satin videos lurking on VHS tapes, so please try to share if you have them. They will be appreciated! :)