Wear and tear

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
SatinDeejay

Wear and tear

Post by SatinDeejay »

Hey, you can’t beat the sexiness of brand new satin pyjamas, the shiny glow and shimmer. But after a few washes that feeling disappears, what do people do to avoid this?
seasideshow

Re: Wear and tear

Post by seasideshow »

One way to keep them pristine could be to get them dry cleaned, if they are polyester it would preserve them longer, but if you are lucky enough to have acetate satin then dry cleaning is a must as washing knackers acetate.
shinysatinlover

Post by shinysatinlover »

Never had a problem. Are you washing too hot? I wash mine at 40C max, garments turned inside-out so as to not get royally fucked by the drum in the machine, and then I iron them inside out, while still damp, too. Of course, you may well be doing that already in which case I have nothing further to offer, sorry! :)
simonr

Post by simonr »

From my own experience, it all depends on the kind of satin. I've washed my polyester satin countless times in cold water and they are as good as new. I've also washed a triacetate one and it came out fine.

Rayon / viscose is a totally different story. I've purchased an H&M satin skirt that says it's machine washable. It was totally ruined after the very first wash. The shine was almost totally gone and it no longer felt silky to the touch.
IReallyLovePureSilk

Post by IReallyLovePureSilk »

It totally depends on how it gets cleaned and the type of satin it is.

Cold or lukewarm water, clean water or distilled for better results. Mild specialized for delicates soap, very little of it in fact. All the soap has to be rinsed off and then air dry preferably. Tumble drying has mixed results as well. I did all of this with a silk scarf I shot a load onto. It was the most successful cleaning I’ve ever done. Haven’t done it since because I intended purchasing another couple but missed my opportunity to buy more of that particular one.

Dry cleaning may be recommended but it would have to be completely eco friendly. Normal dry clean uses harmful chemicals that’s not recommended for delicates. Problem with dry cleaning is it gets expensive.

For pure silk satin though, I’d recommend leaving it as is and try not to shoot loads on. I do this all the time with my silks and they’re still in top notch shape!
How a woman should be touched...
When you drop silk on her skin, the same way that touches her and falls down at the same time... that is the perfect way to touch a woman...

Satinloverz

Post by Satinloverz »

My silky Nylon panties and knickers wash up real well. I have several Poly-satin nighties, slips, and chemises that I wash on gentle in cold water and they still feel very satiny even after months of washing. I've got a slip that I've had for over a year that feels like new.
satingoldrush

Post by satingoldrush »

I machine wash, but hang dry all of my satin. Holds up well!