HTML5 video

General discussion about things happening at mysatin.com & satinplay.com
mysatin

HTML5 video

Post by mysatin »

Some of you may have noticed that the public/free portions of www.mysatin.com have been changed to use HTML5 - that means no more Flash plugins if your browser supports H.264 video playback.

This also means that all of www.mysatin.com (including the video previews) should be viewable on iPad and iPhone along with most Android phones

Please let us know if you've noticed any glitches (but be sure to clear your cache before reporting anything)

All going well, we will be upgrading www.satinplay.com and then both of the members' area.

We have considered using native HTML5 video for embedded video playback within the members' area for the MP4 videos, but we don't think there is sufficient demand for this at the moment - most people prefer to download the videos to their PC, and the MP4 videos won't play directly on iPad either due to their high bitrate encoding.

We will likely be dropping WMV videos from the site later this year - if you have any strong objections please let us know!
georgegt3

Re: HTML5 video

Post by georgegt3 »

You lost me at HTML5. Techno dunce :D
Satin always looks best on a women
test45

Post by test45 »

I'm debating wether to switch to an iPad for my general surfing so a switch to HTML5 is good. An ever increasing portion of web surfing is done on these mobile devices so it helps to future proof switching across.

I wouldn't mind a version of the downloads that can be played on iPads if it's not too difficult (to allow Air Play from an iPad to an Apple TV to get content onto a television for example). I suspect I'd always need to use a desktop / laptop to manage and store the files though so conversion locally will probably be an option.

I think the main sticking points I came across when thinking about HTML 5 were that some fairly recent browsers don't support it fully (which meant that you'd need some flash capabilities for those that were in browsers such as older IE versions).
Favourite Models: Ruby, Courtney.

Favourite Clothing: Dressing Gowns, Trousers, Salwar Kameez.

Requests: Group Shoots, Outdoors, Speech, Wet / Messy.

Want To See: Lauren Louise.
JackBauer

Post by JackBauer »

Hi.

I recently signed up to mySatin again after a short sabbatical. Some great new sets to view. Keep up the good work.

One gripe if I may. This thread suggests I should be able to view mysatin content on my iPad. None of the videos are viewable however.

Can this be fixed?