USA Satin Shopping

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
SatinTom

USA Satin Shopping

Post by SatinTom »

Hi everyone,

Similar to the recent UK satin thread, where are the best places to shop in the US for satin? In particular nightwear.

Thanks
beautyinsatin

Re: USA Satin Shopping

Post by beautyinsatin »

i live on the east coast and the best place to find dresses and satins outside of auction websites is thrift stores. about 99% of the satin i own is from ebay or a thrift store. damn good prices too, and since the stuff can just sit there for months on end and never get sold you can also talk down a price on a more expensive piece easier than you think. just the other week i walked out of my local thrift store with two satin wedding dresses that both fit me and cost a combined $65.
simonr

Post by simonr »

beautyinsatin wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:30 pm i live on the east coast and the best place to find dresses and satins outside of auction websites is thrift stores. about 99% of the satin i own is from ebay or a thrift store. damn good prices too, and since the stuff can just sit there for months on end and never get sold you can also talk down a price on a more expensive piece easier than you think. just the other week i walked out of my local thrift store with two satin wedding dresses that both fit me and cost a combined $65.
Here in California I've seen the number of satin items in thrift shops go down significantly over the last few years. Now I routinely go in and out of my local thrift shops without seeing a single satin item...

Second-hand websites are now my best bet. Although it comes with its own problems. Some satin may appear very appealing in photos, but turn out to be not silky at all.
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

FB marketplace. Best place to score prom dresses. Best prices, in person pick ups let you see the one who actually owned it (kinda cool just don't be creepy about it) and you can grow your satin collection for a song. Ebay is a good second, but retail markups, shitty sellers and hard to actually see and feel the item from small low res pics.
satinsheetlover

silk

Post by satinsheetlover »

wife bought me 22 momme silk pajamas from LilysilkHoly hardon Batman. hard just thinking about it
[/quote]
Satinboy67

Post by Satinboy67 »

Try alexanda del rossa.com in florida. Good to deal with. They only sell mens and womens nightwear, much of it in satin.
RegalSatins

Post by RegalSatins »

Yes. Alexander del Rossa. I have 4 long satin robes and 5 pairs of satin pajamas. The robes are not made any more so I've been fortunate to find them on the other sites like ebay. I have a 3x, 2 2x and a 1x robe and 5 different 3xlt satin pajamas. So having the big and tall sizes are important. Amazon has the pajamas and they are on sale now. Their satin is my favorite of all the robes and pajamas I've ever had and more silky. Do they ever feel good. Cheers