What Are You Wearing Today?

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
KatieHoney

Re: What Are You Wearing Today?

Post by KatieHoney »

Question: Do you prefer to go with or without a bra under satin?
:D :D :D
20231028_130212.jpg
Somersilk

Post by Somersilk »

KatieHoney wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:33 pm My green satin halter neck dress :D :D :D
befunky_2022-7-1_14-31-2.jpg
Can't see your pics Katie.
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

Somersilk wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:06 pm
KatieHoney wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:33 pm My green satin halter neck dress :D :D :D
Don't want people to get bored with the same out of date photos. Any photos which people want, just send me an email.

Thinking of doing a personal blog.
tonifurre

Post by tonifurre »

KatieHoney wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:08 am
Don't want people to get bored with the same out of date photos. Any photos which people want, just send me an email.

I very much hope you do. Loved the old Satin Panda site
silkysatinlover1

Post by silkysatinlover1 »

KatieHoney wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:08 am

I’d love to see you photos again and definitely read your blog!
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

Getting colder. Time of the year to get the leather skirts out again. Looks great with a satin blouse.
20231109_110212.jpg
Whitesatinblouse10

Post by Whitesatinblouse10 »

KatieHoney wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:36 pm Getting colder. Time of the year to get the leather skirts out again. Looks great with a satin blouse.
20231109_110212.jpg
Wow.. absolutely stunning… what a gorgeous white satin blouse,,definitely looks great with a leather skirt..
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

That's the great thing about owning a white satin blouse and why everyone should have at least one in their wardrobe.
:) :) :)
It is so adaptable, goes with anything.
Match it with satin leggings and a Pink Ladies jacket for a rock & roll style.
20231115_124253.jpg
Whitesatinblouse10

Post by Whitesatinblouse10 »

KatieHoney wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:47 pm :D :D :D
That's the great thing about owning a white satin blouse and why everyone should have at least one in their wardrobe.
It is so adaptable, goes with anything.
Match it with satin leggings and a Pink Ladies jacket for a rock & roll style.
20231115_124253.jpg
Definitely agree.. looking absolutely gorgeous Katie….
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

Of course, silver satin is always a great look - is it possible to be too satiny?
Bit of a story behind this outfit (there always is).
:wink: :wink: :wink:
20231116_130909.jpg
silkysatinlover1

Post by silkysatinlover1 »

KatieHoney wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 pm :) :) :)
Of course, silver satin is always a great look - is it possible to be too satiny?
Bit of a story behind this outfit (there always is).
20231116_130909.jpg
Don’t keep us hanging in suspense, what’s the story? You look incredible as always x
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

Great pictures, you look great, can you answer a question for me and our forum members, why is it that British women just won't wear satin. I cannot remember the last time I saw a girl in a pub wearing a satin shirt or top and I have never seen a satin cocktail dress in the pubs. I always thought a great easy outfit would be a satin shirt, jeans and a good leather belt. As regards being too satiny sometimes a top and skirt combination can look fantastic, two good colours for satin are silver and grey, they tend to show the gloss well as do the pastel colours.
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

seasideshow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 pm Great pictures, you look great, can you answer a question for me and our forum members, why is it that British women just won't wear satin. I cannot remember the last time I saw a girl in a pub wearing a satin shirt or top and I have never seen a satin cocktail dress in the pubs. I always thought a great easy outfit would be a satin shirt, jeans and a good leather belt. As regards being too satiny sometimes a top and skirt combination can look fantastic, two good colours for satin are silver and grey, they tend to show the gloss well as do the pastel colours.
It really does depend on where you go. The centre of Manchester on a Saturday night is full of women in cheap satin dresses from Shein (no offence to Shein, I own some of their clothes).
Satin can look a little too dressy for the local pub and it can take a lot of care to look good, otherwise it can look cheap. Far easier to throw on a tank top. Plus, people seem to notice satin, I mean if you wear a satin dress just once the next time you come to wear it you're guaranteed to get someone saying that you're always wearing that dress.
And finally, wear satin and you will stand out in a crowd simple because of the nature of satin reflecting light. A lot of people don't like being the centre of attention or people staring.
Oh, one more thing - other women. If you look like you're trying too hard, other women can be very bitchy.
:? :? :?
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

KatieHoney wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:15 pm
seasideshow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 pm Great pictures, you look great, can you answer a question for me and our forum members, why is it that British women just won't wear satin. I cannot remember the last time I saw a girl in a pub wearing a satin shirt or top and I have never seen a satin cocktail dress in the pubs. I always thought a great easy outfit would be a satin shirt, jeans and a good leather belt. As regards being too satiny sometimes a top and skirt combination can look fantastic, two good colours for satin are silver and grey, they tend to show the gloss well as do the pastel colours.
It really does depend on where you go. The centre of Manchester on a Saturday night is full of women in cheap satin dresses from Shein (no offence to Shein, I own some of their clothes).
Satin can look a little too dressy for the local pub and it can take a lot of care to look good, otherwise it can look cheap. Far easier to throw on a tank top. Plus, people seem to notice satin, I mean if you wear a satin dress just once the next time you come to wear it you're guaranteed to get someone saying that you're always wearing that dress.
And finally, wear satin and you will stand out in a crowd simple because of the nature of satin reflecting light. A lot of people don't like being the centre of attention or people staring.
Oh, one more thing - other women. If you look like you're trying too hard, other women can be very bitchy.
:? :? :?
:) :D :D
Also, I bought this blouse and skirt for a new receptionist job I was doing some time ago. Looks beautiful with the right underwear but satin shows every lump and bump.
The attachment 2023111_095719.jpg is no longer available
:) :) :D
2023111_095719.jpg
But when I came to wear it with a new mesh bra ... no, just no!
20231117_095942.jpg
KatieHoney

Post by KatieHoney »

At my office in a secret location
20231116_222038.jpg