Polyester
41%
Real silk
15%

Total votes: 41

B1982

Acetate, polyester or real silk?

Post by B1982 »

Which kind of satin do you prefer: acetate, polyester or real silk?

I prefer polyester satin because it’s the shiniest and the most slippery kind.
satinsmooth

Re: Acetate, polyester or real silk?

Post by satinsmooth »

I have just ordered 2 satin karate/judo style polyester satin suits complete with satin belts....

Cant wait to put one on...

Just need someone to put the other one on :)

G.
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

acetate all the way, it wicks up your cum and drinks it! feels so good, especially the thick bridal acetate satin and silky linings of formal dresses.
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

Acetate satin all the way. Although rayon satin is the silkiest and smoothest there is, but they don't make it anymore.
If polyester satin is good quality with a high thread count it feels real good to.
halebopp2

Post by halebopp2 »

ditto promdresslover on acetate satin...good polyester is nearly as good and washable for repeat cums!
silkysatin

Post by silkysatin »

I'm unsure about acetate as I don't think I have anything made from this material. I have a bridesmaids dress made from a thick material which is very silky and shiny on the outside but has a dull medium softness inside. Could this be acetate?

I think Nylon Satin is the best as it feels and looks amazing due to how tightly woven it is, I find this makes it extra smooth and silky. I have a pair of Nylon satin shorts which feel the best out of everything I own. I wish nightwear and dresses were made from nylon satin. If you have seen any please let me know.
shimmeryphantasy2

Post by shimmeryphantasy2 »

I love polyester best......

Image Image Image

I sleep in the long gowns every night.... the longer the better
szewei85

Post by szewei85 »

i m still new 2 this satin world. :lol: so can anyone plz post pics of acetate n real silk satin here so that i can decide which is better. thks 2 top poster 4 posting the polyester pics though. :mrgreen:
scintilla

Post by scintilla »

Acetate satin is what I love. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

Acetate satin is by far the best for being smooth, glossy and slippery, although some of the polyester satins are nearly as good. The only downside of acetate is that it is dry clean only, if you wash it you tend to take all the "body" out of the material. It also depends on the weave, I find the thicker materials are the best, even a slightly thicker silk is nice to the feel. Acetate also hes a much better depth of shine, you see two blouse on a girl, one acetate and one polyester and you can really see the difference. I suppose it is really a matter of personal preference, at the end of the day they all feel great.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

I am totally surprised that most people here seem to prefer artificial, man made satins to pure, natural, silk satin. I've never come across any fabric that has the feel of real silk satin although some acetates are pretty close.

To me, polyester is just too artificial. I know that there is polyester and polyester, but I no longer bother buying dresses made from it unless it is a really soft, fine weave.

Perhaps some people are yet to experience the true sensuality of real silk satin. If you're in the UK, visit a branch of Monsoon. They usually have some nice dresses made from gorgeous fabrics.
ripsatin

Post by ripsatin »

Acetate satin is the best it feels less "waxy" is the nearest I can describe it. It feels like silk and burns rather than melts this is the way you can test it. I have destroyed many a satin thing to my reget and acetate burns very quickly and leaves a little ash deposit rather than hard black plastic like blobs. Acetate also has a particular odour rather like silk, it rips easier and creases very easily. It looses it's luster after a while as the fibres fluff up slightly with heavy wear and does not wash easily, this is the time that you decide when it's getting the ripping and burning treatment.