Post Your Satin Collection! CLEAN PICTURES ONLY!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
ellmoss2012

Re: Post Your Satin Collection! CLEAN PICTURES ONLY!

Post by ellmoss2012 »

Thanks, I must lookout for them I have never heard of that designer. The dress is lovely but it is very light material feels more like a long nightie than a prom dress as it has no inner lining. Looks great though.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

ellmoss2012 wrote:Thanks, I must lookout for them I have never heard of that designer. The dress is lovely but it is very light material feels more like a long nightie than a prom dress as it has no inner lining. Looks great though.
Yeah most Zum dresses don't have linings, which is fine with me because unless they're made of satin, they get cut out. Definitely not a nightie. Zum is fantastic quality satin.
removed

Post by removed »

This one is a Yasmin by house of dynasty dress

I have quite a few of them in various colours and one is at mysatin/satinplay just now

As for the Livas ones being same as the others I think they're all identical satin and made in the same place with different labels on them :lol: they have some nice designs though but the linings that some have are awful and the quality is not as good as the dynasty ones, only problem is the dynasty dresses use different satin for different designs of dress, only a few have the good satin
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

alhb86 wrote:As for the Livas ones being same as the others I think they're all identical satin and made in the same place with different labels on them :lol: they have some nice designs though but the linings that some have are awful and the quality is not as good as the dynasty ones, only problem is the dynasty dresses use different satin for different designs of dress, only a few have the good satin
That Yasmin dress is just a copy design of a lot of other dresses. The blue one I have looks just like that.

Again, Livas and Morgan Co. are absolutely not identical satin at all. They absolutely have a very different feel to them. Like you said, it depends on where the material is from. None of my Zum dresses have had linings. Perhaps things are different from where you are in the world, because those dresses are definitely both great but feel different, and Yasmin doesn't exist over here.
ellmoss2012

Post by ellmoss2012 »

That Yasmin dress does look lovely.

Link below is the most amazing satin gown I have ever had. It's by a designer called Alberto Makali. It looks and feels like a Hollywood Red Carpet gown. So well tailored. I got it really cheap on a discount rail. Unfortunately I gave it to a charity store then within a week regretted it and have been on the look out for another one online but very hard to find, such a Shame :(

It did have a silk floral Alberto Makali gown and it was beautiful too. I highly recommend them.

http://youtu.be/gJq5oT-C6M8
removed

Post by removed »

Yeah it's been copied by a few brands including betsy and Adam, gino cerrutti, Goya, cache etc, I believe it was originally a Jovani dress and made in silk and the later done it in satin also by Jovani,

I have them from all named brands above and for the best quality satin the dynasty one wins hands down, but I prefer the silk Jovani ones I have which are harder to get
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

I think mine is by Jovani.

Out of all of my dresses, these are my absolute favorite. I have them in so many different colors and variations. Love them and I keep buying them! They feel so good!
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6843.JPG
IMG_6844.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Since it's Fall and getting close to Winter, I decided to buy some new jackets :
IMG_7135.JPG
IMG_7136.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_7144.JPG
IMG_7145.JPG
IMG_7146.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_7147.JPG
IMG_7148.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_7149.JPG
IMG_7150.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_7153.JPG
IMG_7154.JPG
WindySkirt

Post by WindySkirt »

il_fullxfull.996654660_cq2v.jpg
satingasm

Post by satingasm »

WindySkirt wrote:il_fullxfull.996654660_cq2v.jpg
Wow this wedding dress looks hot. So damn rare to find full satin long-sleeve wedding dresses
WindySkirt

Post by WindySkirt »

satingasm wrote:
WindySkirt wrote:il_fullxfull.996654660_cq2v.jpg
Wow this wedding dress looks hot. So damn rare to find full satin long-sleeve wedding dresses
Thanks, I was incredibly excited when I found it! So happy to have it :)