Post Your Satin Collection! CLEAN PICTURES ONLY!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Freddielinton

Re: Post Your Satin Collection! CLEAN PICTURES ONLY!

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_8520.JPG
IMG_8522.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

IMG_8514.JPG
IMG_8515.JPG
IMG_8516.JPG
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Damn, that bride robe looks ultra sexy.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:Damn, that bride robe looks ultra sexy.
Thanks! It's from Apt. 9 if you want one!

I think they may even come in different colors, or at least the text / piping colors.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Another one of these. I just can't resist. I have so many of these now, in so many different colors. They're probably my favorite dresses.
IMG_8579.JPG
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:Another one of these. I just can't resist. I have so many of these now, in so many different colors. They're probably my favorite dresses.

IMG_8579.JPG

Who makes those again? Might have to pick one up, since the JMclintock dress you recommended turned out to be a trap :(
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:Who makes those again? Might have to pick one up, since the JMclintock dress you recommended turned out to be a trap :(
Jump.

What??? How was the Jessica McClintock dress I recommended a trap? Please explain. I have tons of Jessica McClintock dresses in that material. Are you talking about the Short dress or the long one?
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:Who makes those again? Might have to pick one up, since the JMclintock dress you recommended turned out to be a trap :(
Jump.

What??? How was the Jessica McClintock dress I recommended a trap? Please explain. I have tons of Jessica McClintock dresses in that material. Are you talking about the Short dress or the long one?

No idea. The inside lining is terrible to feel, and the outside satin is kind of thin, and has no softness at all, or slipperiness. Overall a disappointment, nothing like the first Jessica Mcclintock gown I've owned.

Q: Is Scott McClintock's satin same as JMC or worse?
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:
Jump.

No idea. The inside lining is terrible to feel, and the outside satin is kind of thin, and has no softness at all, or slipperiness. Overall a disappointment, nothing like the first Jessica Mcclintock gown I've owned.

Is this the Gold dress or the short Black & Purple dress?

The Short JM dresses are made of a thicker, high quality satin, that's super shiny, slippery, and satiny. I have tons of those.

The long dresses can be a gamble sometimes.

I cut out the linings in all of my dresses, with the exception of the ones that actually have satin linings.

I don't own any Scott McClintock dresses, so I can't comment.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:
Jump.

Is this the Gold dress or the short Black & Purple dress?

The Short JM dresses are made of a thicker, high quality satin, that's super shiny, slippery, and satiny. I have tons of those.

The long dresses can be a gamble sometimes.

I cut out the linings in all of my dresses, with the exception of the ones that actually have satin linings.

I don't own any Scott McClintock dresses, so I can't comment.
Short black and purple. I really don't know...it's official, made for Gunne Sax and everything. I tried feeling just the outside (without the trash lining) and it's still thin and lifeless.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:Short black and purple. I really don't know...it's official, made for Gunne Sax and everything. I tried feeling just the outside (without the trash lining) and it's still thin and lifeless.
I don't know either, because the dress looks amazing. I have rarely been disappointed by Jessica McClintock dresses. Definitely not a trap man. Maybe Jessica McClintock dresses just aren't your thing. Sorry.
softsatin

Post by softsatin »

Freddielinton wrote:
softsatin wrote:Short black and purple. I really don't know...it's official, made for Gunne Sax and everything. I tried feeling just the outside (without the trash lining) and it's still thin and lifeless.
I don't know either, because the dress looks amazing. I have rarely been disappointed by Jessica McClintock dresses. Definitely not a trap man. Maybe Jessica McClintock dresses just aren't your thing. Sorry.
Again, my first dress off of Poshmark was actually a JMC dress. Slam dunk, even came with perfume on it. Mmf.

Want to buy it off of me, then? :P
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

softsatin wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:
Again, my first dress off of Poshmark was actually a JMC dress. Slam dunk, even came with perfume on it. Mmf.

Want to buy it off of me, then? :P
Gotta love when a dress has some scent on it. What dress did you get on Poshmark? Do you buy a lot from there? I used to a lot. I try to avoid Poshmark because of the ridiculous shipping prices, but all of my recent stuff is from there lol. Honestly though I've slowed down a lot in terms of buying Satin stuff because I'm running out of room for it all!

Thanks for the offer, though!
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Speaking of Jessica McClintock, I just went ahead and bought this dress. I have been searching for it for quite a while. I originally bought one off Posh years ago, but the stupid seller gave it to a friend and kept the listing up. I was so pissed. Anyway, had to have it.
IMG_8598.JPG
IMG_8599.JPG
IMG_8600.JPG
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Lol, just looked at my Flickr album, and apparently I already have that dress. Oh well; now I have two lol. See, I don't even know what I have lol.