Post Your Satin Collection! CLEAN PICTURES ONLY!

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Freddielinton

Re: Post Your Satin Collection!

Post by Freddielinton »

funk3h wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:Hey Funk, thanks for your interest!

The first dress is by Faviana, the second dress is by Cache, and the third dress is by Mori Lee. These are three of the most expensive dresses I own. I sold the Faviana one though because it's more of a silk feel than a satin feel, and I'm all about satin!
Thanks for the quick answer! I have a couple of faviana dresses which are amongst my favourites, but i've had others which i've not been as keen on - seems to vary from dress to dress, even within one brand! I'm a bit of an ebay hound myself ;) But i got rid of a load myself recently too. I live with my rents and i had so many cupboards full it was a matter of time before some of it was discovered, which i'm keen to avoid if i can. I've already started buying more though - just can't help myself. I love getting prom dresses which have pictures of the girls wearing them in the listings. Nothing quite like that ;)
You're welcome! I stopped for a while too, but it's hard to ignore. If there aren't pictures of the dress in the listing being worn, I always message the seller and ask if they can send me pictures of it being worn. Works most of the time, and I get a lot more nice pics that way! Feel free to post your hauls here! :)
funk3h

Post by funk3h »

Freddielinton wrote:
funk3h wrote:
Freddielinton wrote:Hey Funk, thanks for your interest!

The first dress is by Faviana, the second dress is by Cache, and the third dress is by Mori Lee. These are three of the most expensive dresses I own. I sold the Faviana one though because it's more of a silk feel than a satin feel, and I'm all about satin!
Thanks for the quick answer! I have a couple of faviana dresses which are amongst my favourites, but i've had others which i've not been as keen on - seems to vary from dress to dress, even within one brand! I'm a bit of an ebay hound myself ;) But i got rid of a load myself recently too. I live with my rents and i had so many cupboards full it was a matter of time before some of it was discovered, which i'm keen to avoid if i can. I've already started buying more though - just can't help myself. I love getting prom dresses which have pictures of the girls wearing them in the listings. Nothing quite like that ;)
You're welcome! I stopped for a while too, but it's hard to ignore. If there aren't pictures of the dress in the listing being worn, I always message the seller and ask if they can send me pictures of it being worn. Works most of the time, and I get a lot more nice pics that way! Feel free to post your hauls here! :)
I don't suppose you're interested in selling the other two, especially the Mori Lee dress? If you ever are, let me know :P

Just won this incredible looking green/pink number. Plus the girl wearing it is so so hot.
prom1.jpg
prom2.jpg
prom3.jpg
There were more pictures on ebay, but without print screening and cropping them out i can't post them here. These are one's she sent me by email ;)
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Lol that is too funny; I actually had that dress on my watch list. Great minds think alike! But I didn't feel like paying $115 for it. You're very lucky though, that's a fantastic win. The dress looks sooo good and I love the double satin slit down the side! :P

Yeah I'll let you know if I sell the other two, but if I do, it'll cost ya since I paid a lot for those!
funk3h

Post by funk3h »

Freddielinton wrote:Lol that is too funny; I actually had that dress on my watch list. Great minds think alike! But I didn't feel like paying $115 for it. You're very lucky though, that's a fantastic win. The dress looks sooo good and I love the double satin slit down the side! :P

Yeah I'll let you know if I sell the other two, but if I do, it'll cost ya since I paid a lot for those!
haha! I've spotted a few in your collection that i had on my watch list too :D That's what tempted me - the two different satin layers. Can't wait to get it! I really want a tony bowls dress too. They look spectacular. Cost a fortune though
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

:P
promdresslover

Post by promdresslover »

I could totally envision copious ivory swirls of my spooge all over that dress. I bet it feels like a dream.
funk3h

Post by funk3h »

my latest win:
$(KGrHqIOKkQE6PIllH-YBOpviOq34w~~60_3.JPG
It's Faviana and was about 60 USD shipped to the UK, and it's brand new :D Again, an ebay purchase. Sometimes you can find some great deals on brand new dresses if they're last season or a small shop is having a stock clear-out.

Tbh my tastes are getting more and more expensive. I really really really want a Tony Bowls dress - they look spectacular. You just can't get them for much less than 200 USD. I'd love another La Femme dress too. I have one on my watch list at the moment which was worn by a truly stunning girl in a pageant, but its so expensive. I'm thinking of just restraining myself to the odd dress once every few months and spending a lot more on it.
removed

Post by removed »

bought a few more :)

another one of these beauties, love this style and the fabric is amazing :)

my taste in dresses has gotten alot more expensive now that im only trying to buy 100% silk dresses, they are so much more delicate and far better quality

here are my latest 3 silk ones, first up is a silk monsoon wedding dress, stunning now the creases are out of it
then another one of these pearce fionda silk reversible ones, i have 4 of these ones now and another two in black and gold
and finally a hobbs silk gown, absolutely stunning, almost my favourite one now!

trying to get hold of a jenny packham silk wedding dress now but they are £2000+ new :shock: look amazing though, also trying to get the vera wang that beyonce wore at end of her video for best thing i never had, looks awesome!

as usual im watching a few more on ebay
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

alhb86 wrote:another one of these beauties, love this style and the fabric is amazing :)
I want that! What's the brand? Let me know if you'd ever sell it.
tatra603

Post by tatra603 »

I like the Monsoon and the Hobbs. Tatra.
removed

Post by removed »

Freddielinton wrote:
alhb86 wrote:another one of these beauties, love this style and the fabric is amazing :)
I want that! What's the brand? Let me know if you'd ever sell it.
Haha I believe you already have one buddy, it's betsy and Adam but I think you're one was made by cache, same dress though, I have eleven of those ones now, four that colour, think the only colour I don't have it in is green but I am watching one lol I would be happy to trade with you for it if you really wanted?

Tatra, I believe you are also a fan of the pure silk dresses, far superior quality than polyester and acetate, I hate acetate but alot of polyester is very good but not even close to silk! Bloody expensive though haha
ellmoss2012

Post by ellmoss2012 »

Arrived today, looking forward to hitting the city in this baby over the Holidays
Attachments
Silk Maxi
Silk Maxi
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

Man I've been craving new satin like crazy lately. It's hard to fight it, especially when I keep looking on eBay on a daily basis, and there's always a new color, a new pattern, a new design, or a new print that looks so absolutely delicious that I have to have it. But I've slowed down a lot lately. I bought a nice Frederick's Of Hollywood blue / white piping satin robe about a month ago which is very nice. I have a lot of Frederck's Of Hollywood satin items, and their satin from Sri Lanka is the best satin ever. I actually prefer Frederick's to Victoria's Secret, because their satin isn't really satin, but a dull silk type that wrinkles very easily and doesn't feel as wonderful on the skin. Anyway, even though I have two entire like 30+ gallon containers full of satin, I keep craving for more. I think in January, I'll start back up again, maybe limit myself to a certain amount of satin or money I can spend on them per month. But definitely January, because my schedule will be slower, which means I'll be at home more to grab these items when they arrive at my house without worrying about my non-understanding mother. Until then, happy satin hunting / humping! :)
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

EDIT : Fuck it, I'm gonna buy myself some Christmas presents. I deserve it, right? :P
loverofsatin345

Post by loverofsatin345 »

Thought i'd treat myself for Xmas to this lovely Pink Satin french maids dress which came complete with a choker and lovely white Satin apron. It's been made in my favourite of Satins, acetate and feels soooo good against the body. Wore it for the first time just last week and i was literally shaking when putting it on, God it was heaven! Had a lovely session in it and a few more since of course. Fancy yourself in it?