today's satin sheets

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Satinsheets

today's satin sheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Hello Satin Lovers; The satin sheets of today sure have take a dive. I ordered the 1000 TC sheets from India, emerald green charmeuse II sheets from Scentsations, a fitted sheet from Linen Plus and 3 fitted "bridal" satin sheets, all from ebay. They were all cheap, crappy, thin, and very unsatin feeling unlike the old standby acetate satin sheets. Unfortunately all these crap companies have flooded the market with cheap garbage and unfortunately acetate satin bedding has skyrocketed in price. I'm sure you all feel as I do. I will never purchase polyester satin sheets again. I learned my lesson. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
satinloverboy

Re: today's satin sheets

Post by satinloverboy »

So Sent-sations isn't good then? I bought Satin sleep pockets from that company and I think they're great. I was hoping the sheets would be just as good.
satinsheetfetishguy

Post by satinsheetfetishguy »

I love specifically polyester satin sheets, are easy to care for and feel wonderful against the naked body, I never abandon them
davidben

Post by davidben »

Hear hear, and sadly oh so true !
I have been on about this for some time that the sheets are advertised as 'satin' but are really only poor quality thin polyester items.

Yes I know that satin is describes the weave of the material and without doubt acetate satin is superb for bedding, rayon is also a possibilty.

The third alternative is as I have mentioned; bbuy a good quality thick heavy satin material and have them made up as a bespoke set by a seamstress.

Make sure you buy the 150 cm wide material which is ideal for a double bed mattress with elasticated corners for the fitted sheet.

I always reckon on 15 metres for a fitted sheet, top sheet nd a double sided duvet cover with four standard pillow cases. Easy to cut the satin into 2 metre lenghts and then attach sides.

A quick wash and iron and all is ready !
seasideshow

Post by seasideshow »

Here's a good tip for anyone who is lucky enough to have genuine acetate satin sheets, if you get them dry cleaned [ it can be expensive due to their weight] they will stay as good as new. If you wash them it takes all the "body" out of the material, beleive me it is well worth the expense and trouble.
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greeting satin lovers; Back at ya. Acetate satin sheets are all I have with the exception of the latest polyester purchases. I dry cleaned a set once. Biggest mistake I ever did. All I do is wash my sheets in cold water, use the detergent for satin, iron them when damp and then apply heavy starch when I touch them up after I put them on the bed. No problems ever. Try it, you'll like it. They do keep their body that way as well. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
imsharkey

Post by imsharkey »

I would love to see this thread remain active until someone sees it who has purchased some decent polyester satin sheets. Surely, there are SOME that are OK.
GOWNRAPER

Post by GOWNRAPER »

Outside of somewhere like Harrods
I doubt there will be anyone who sells
decent satin sheets.They will probably be
Silk satin and Not cheaper Polyester.
As davidben has stated you will have to
buy your fabric and have them made up with a
price of £10 per metre and upwards to£95 per metre
depending on your wallet. Then the make up price
on top you will understand why no one makes quality satin
sheets on the high street.I nad a set made up by a member on here
who also advised to make your own.Its worth it if you enjoy the
luxury of decent sheets so stop looking for them and make
your own
GOWNRAPER
silkysatinbed

Post by silkysatinbed »

The problem is that all of the polyester satin sheets that you bought are cheap. Maybe 25 dollars for a whole set. There are polyester satin sheet sets available that are fantastic but cost more like $100 a set.

The Scent -Sation Charmeuse II are listed as 230 thread count and to me felt like sandpaper but the same company also sells "Satin Elegance" which are quite thin but very smooth and silky. Probably the same satin as used in the Satin Sleep Pocket on Ebay. Scent-Sation also offers "Satin Luxury" (about $100 per set) at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are microfiber polyester satin that is still quite thin but they describe them as "the softest most silky" satin that you can buy. That description is not far off. They have more of a dull luster rather than being super shiny but they feel like heaven to touch. A lot of companies call their product "Satin Elegance" or "Satin Luxury" so if you look for them be sure that they are made by Scent Sation. To me, both of these feel sexy, luxurious and silky and make for great satisfying "make out" sessions. I just love getting naked and wrapping up in these satin sheets and rubbing them all over me. But, to put on the bed and use as sheets for sleeping, I much prefer a heavier weight satin.

About ten years ago I finally found my ideal satin sheets for sleeping and have been using them every night since. They are a heavier, polyester, "premium bridal" satin custom made from 60 inch wide satin so they have to be seamed. They are very tightly woven, shiny and smooth. Because of the thickness of the satin they are a bit stiffer and less "drapey" than the lighter weights. I recommend washing them at least three times before use to make them a little softer, but they still retain their "body" and smoothness after years of use. Unlike the old acetate satin they get better after years of enjoyment rather than getting fuzzy and thin like the acetate satin sheets do quickly. I bought mine on eBay many years ago from a seller now named Linen Gallery 2. The sets cost around $100 but before you invest in a set, they will mail you swatches of the fabric for free, they will sell you the fabric for about $4.00 per yard or sell you individual pillowcases that you can get home , wash and enjoy to be sure you like it before you invest your big money. Everyone seems to have a different idea of that the ideal satin is so I would recommend sampling the satin before buying the sheets

I've worn out many sets of acetate satin sheets including Scintilla over the years and bought just about every brand of acetate, nylon, poly and blends but quit looking when I found these sheets. I will never buy anything but these high quality polyester satin sheets.
silkysatinbed

Post by silkysatinbed »

Ebay seller correct name is linensgallery1
imsharkey

Post by imsharkey »

Thank you for the excellent feedback and information!

silkysatinbed wrote:Ebay seller correct name is linensgallery1
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings satin lovers; The Linens Gallery site does offer samples and I have checked it out. The bridal polyester satin fabric is stiff so I haven't ordered sheets yet but I like the idea of washing them 3 times to soften them up. Fabric softener might also help. I like my top sheet wider than 108" and they will accommodate that request. So, for just over $100, you can get a king size set. I'll soon order. The lilac color turns me on. There's a king set of Scintilla sheets on ebay tonight for $275.00. Ouch. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla
satinedge

I understand completely

Post by satinedge »

Hello everyone! I have been on the 'hunt' for the best quality satin bedding for over a decade. I can only find cheap ebay knock offs, sheets that don't last a month, and satin that's advertised as silky-est; arrives outright stiff as cardboard. I thought I found a good dealer in china, but to find their product par, at best. Most retailers even show glamorous pictures of the comforter and sheets but once the package is opened, it is immediately clear that the quality is lacking.

I am looking for a reputable dealer of high quality satin. As for the comforter, nothing embroidered. Just seemless satin and possibly reversable. The sheets can be high thread count. Practically can't keep em' on the bed it's so slick.

I know it's out there, I've seen this luxurious satin in so many movies. Could anyone please guide me to where I can find this? I am tired of looking at Google, ebay, aliexpress, and the like. All knock off satin bedding and pictures that are not of the real product.

Thanks for reading and hope this glamorous satin is actually real.
I often think that a slightly exposed shoulder emerging from a long satin nightgown packed more sex than two naked bodies in bed. - Bette Davis
TomThompson

Post by TomThompson »

Satin Boutique.
I've been fucking in, on, and against their Lingerie Satin sheets for years. Incredibly soft and satiny, wear amazingly well.

https://satin-boutique.com/collections/lingerie-satin-1

All my satincock pictures are their product:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151591712 ... 2736839983

Tom
Satinsheets

Post by Satinsheets »

Greetings satin lovers; I remembered that I had purchased a set of bridal satin sheets on ebay from a seller who had purchased them from Shopbedding.com. They are a nice bright bubble gum pink and I had an orchid top sheet from Scintilla so today I washed them in fabric softener, ironed them and put them on the bed. The satin is not rough and actually feels close to acetate satin. They are smooth and feel very good and they compliment my orchid acetate satin top sheet. I emailed them tonight to see if they can make me a wider top sheet in other colors and await their answer. I think I'm going to enjoy my bed tonight with the new satin bottom sheet and cases. Cheers. Scintilla is Satin is Scintilla