Charity shop find

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
Bridalman

Charity shop find

Post by Bridalman »

My local charity hospice shop in Somerset has acquired about 20 or so wedding gowns from the 1980s or so, big fluffy gowns with huge shoulders and long trains and big bows at the rear. I love these gowns and will under a pretext buy a couple of them to have fun with.

Love to hear from any satin wedding dress lovers

Bridalman
Frillylover

Re: Charity shop find

Post by Frillylover »

I also love those 1980s gowns...big, ruffly, poofy sleeves and lots of shiny satin. I own three of them now :D They just don't make wedding gowns like they used to and the modern ones are so boring, but give me a dress from the 80s or 90s and I'm in heaven! I'll look forward to hearing about (and seeing) your adventures with your gowns. :mrgreen:
Fan of the frillies
Freddy1000

Post by Freddy1000 »

Does this charity shop is online?? I'd like to buy if they have my size
Favourite Models: LEIGH

Favourite Clothing: Long Nightgowns and Long satin dress.

Requests: Duo Sets (girl / girl), More Outfits, Speech.
Iloveblouses

Post by Iloveblouses »

How about prices how much they wanna? I am bit scared to go in charity shop and buy some satin :D
AlanaRaso

Post by AlanaRaso »

Iloveblouses wrote:How about prices how much they wanna? I am bit scared to go in charity shop and buy some satin :D
Just tell them you are a photographer if they ask...or you are making a video. I do this sometimes and actually have talked them into giving me a discount.
buffum

Post by buffum »

What shop?
coatfun

Post by coatfun »

I never had a problem buying satin lined coats, but the first satin gown I bought really was scary. After I paid for it and got in my car and was alone with my new satin lover I knew it was worth the effort. Now I don't even think about buying satin items, it's none of their business. However I do make sure there isn't someone I know in the shop first. I just think of how good the satin is going to feel when I'm cumming with it.
satins69

Post by satins69 »

AlanaRaso wrote:
Iloveblouses wrote:How about prices how much they wanna? I am bit scared to go in charity shop and buy some satin :D
Just tell them you are a photographer if they ask...or you are making a video. I do this sometimes and actually have talked them into giving me a discount.
That's pretty low to ask for a discount in a charity shop. Or even talking to them to get a discount is bad news.
davidben

Post by davidben »

A very lucky find by all accounts !

On the rare occasion that I have found a satin wedding dress I just say that my niece is going to get married and she is looking for a dress.

I go outside to 'speak' to her and then go back in to talk about it. On one occasion I paid for it for her to try on with the understanding that I could take it back for a refund it it didn't fit or wasn't to her liking.

I then have fun with it and if I do like it then I don't take it back.

I like the idea of a film shoot thout, very plausable.