Wearing satin out in public

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
simonr

Wearing satin out in public

Post by simonr »

I have been wearing satin dresses at home for some time, to the point where they have become a natural at-home attire for me. I watch TV, surf net and do household chores in them.

Recently, I have become interested in the idea of going out in public with my satin clothes. Last month, I took the first step and wore a plain satin blouse to a shopping mall. As the blouse looks much like a tshirt, I didn't get much attention, with the exception of a few stares here and there. Last night, I took it to the next level and went to the ground floor of my apartment building to check my mailbox in a long satin dress. I ran into a couple of passers-by. None seemed to notice. Guess everyone is busy with their own stuff. Ultimately, I would like to go out to a more crowded place in a satin dress or skirt, but that's for another day.

Anyone else interested in incorporating satin into his everyday wardrobe?

I understand that some members don't wear their satin dresses and consider it crossdressing. However, I hold the opinion that if women are allowed to wear jeans and trousers, men should also be able to wear dresses and skirts.
ellmoss2012

Re: Wearing satin out in public

Post by ellmoss2012 »

Very nice, long dress sounds nice.

2 weeks ago I wore a 100% silk maxi skirt out in central London at 3pm on a lovely sunny day. Even got the underground too. I wore knee high heeled black velvet boots and caught my reflection in a mirrored window at one point. Loved how the sun was shimmering off the skirt. Felt and looked amazing.
Satinseduction

Post by Satinseduction »

simonr wrote:I have been wearing satin dresses at home for some time, to the point where they have become a natural at-home attire for me. I watch TV, surf net and do household chores in them.

Recently, I have become interested in the idea of going out in public with my satin clothes. Last month, I took the first step and wore a plain satin blouse to a shopping mall. As the blouse looks much like a tshirt, I didn't get much attention, with the exception of a few stares here and there. Last night, I took it to the next level and went to the ground floor of my apartment building to check my mailbox in a long satin dress. I ran into a couple of passers-by. None seemed to notice. Guess everyone is busy with their own stuff. Ultimately, I would like to go out to a more crowded place in a satin dress or skirt, but that's for another day.

Anyone else interested in incorporating satin into his everyday wardrobe?

I understand that some members don't wear their satin dresses and consider it crossdressing. However, I hold the opinion that if women are allowed to wear jeans and trousers, men should also be able to wear dresses and skirts.
Nah, if I did that where I'm from and other men saw it I'd get a right battering and no mistake! Even if it was considered generally acceptable I wouldn't do it anyway, much rather appreciate satin being worn in public where it belongs, - on the body of a beautiful woman ;) What people do with it behind closed doors, in their own privacy, that's a different matter! ;)
simonr

Post by simonr »

ellmoss2012 wrote:Very nice, long dress sounds nice.

2 weeks ago I wore a 100% silk maxi skirt out in central London at 3pm on a lovely sunny day. Even got the underground too. I wore knee high heeled black velvet boots and caught my reflection in a mirrored window at one point. Loved how the sun was shimmering off the skirt. Felt and looked amazing.
Wow, wearing a satin skirt in the city center, that's certainly something!

How did people react to it? Quite some staring I imagine?

But yeah, the satin would certainly look amazing under the sunlight :D
ellmoss2012

Post by ellmoss2012 »

[quoteWow, wearing a satin skirt in the city center, that's certainly something!

How did people react to it? Quite some staring I imagine?

But yeah, the satin would certainly look amazing under the sunlight :D][/quote]

Yeah it was really exciting and fun. I honestly didn't notice much, I blended in quite well and had a wig and hat on with full make up so think I mostly passed. Got really busy at Bank underground station as I was walking in the crowd there was a constant stream of people walking the other way so I noticed a few stares then and when I was waiting on a train I noticed a group of young guys staring over but apart from that was all good :D
Kassina

Post by Kassina »

You'd be surprised how little people in cities pay attention to such things in their busy daily lives.
SatinDoll

Post by SatinDoll »

I'm a full time crossdresser and I wear Satin and silk all the time. I have posted some of my pictures up.

I guess I do stand out but I don't care what people think.
Cumonjackets

Post by Cumonjackets »

I really want to wear my female down jackets out in public, but Im too afraid too meet someone I know, and that they might think Im weird:/
simonr

Post by simonr »

ellmoss2012 wrote:Yeah it was really exciting and fun. I honestly didn't notice much, I blended in quite well and had a wig and hat on with full make up so think I mostly passed. Got really busy at Bank underground station as I was walking in the crowd there was a constant stream of people walking the other way so I noticed a few stares then and when I was waiting on a train I noticed a group of young guys staring over but apart from that was all good :D
Oh it certainly is fun and exciting!

I hope I can get enough courage one day to go out in a crowded place like you did.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Kassina wrote:You'd be surprised how little people in cities pay attention to such things in their busy daily lives.
There is a site called skirtcafe, where guys share their experience with wearing skirts and dresses out in public. The common feeling there is also that most people don't really notice or don't really care what you are wearing.
simonr

Post by simonr »

SatinDoll wrote:I'm a full time crossdresser and I wear Satin and silk all the time. I have posted some of my pictures up.

I guess I do stand out but I don't care what people think.
Nice attitude!

As a fellow Singaporean, I'm just curious, do you worry about people taking photos of you and putting them on Stomp?
simonr

Post by simonr »

Cumonjackets wrote:I really want to wear my female down jackets out in public, but Im too afraid too meet someone I know, and that they might think Im weird:/
Yeah, the fear of meeting someone I know is one of the main concerns for me too... Guess we'll just have to fight it off
ellmoss2012

Post by ellmoss2012 »

simonr wrote:
ellmoss2012 wrote:Yeah it was really exciting and fun. I honestly didn't notice much, I blended in quite well and had a wig and hat on with full make up so think I mostly passed. Got really busy at Bank underground station as I was walking in the crowd there was a constant stream of people walking the other way so I noticed a few stares then and when I was waiting on a train I noticed a group of young guys staring over but apart from that was all good :D
Oh it certainly is fun and exciting!

I hope I can get enough courage one day to go out in a crowded place like you did.
Yeah it does take a lot of courage and you just have to let go of giving a flying F what people think. I'm quite lucky that I dress full on femme presenting so I can pass a bit, especially in a busy city like London most people are so caught up in their own lives they barely even take the time to look at you. Going out wearing a skirt or dress as a guy would be a whole other level of courage. It wouldn't interest me at all though. Would anyone like to see the outfit I wore out? Will I put a pic up?
simonr

Post by simonr »

ellmoss2012 wrote:Yeah it does take a lot of courage and you just have to let go of giving a flying F what people think. I'm quite lucky that I dress full on femme presenting so I can pass a bit, especially in a busy city like London most people are so caught up in their own lives they barely even take the time to look at you. Going out wearing a skirt or dress as a guy would be a whole other level of courage. It wouldn't interest me at all though. Would anyone like to see the outfit I wore out? Will I put a pic up?
Yeah, it surely takes courage. As simple as it sounds (men should be allowed to wear whatever we wish), the fear of social disapproval is pretty strong and takes a lot of nerve to overcome.

Sure, I'd love to see your outfit! Do post a couple of pics!
RodaSaTiNStein

Post by RodaSaTiNStein »

Now even tho these pants are technically womens its not the same as cross dressing that you guys are talking about, but its still wearing satin in public. Family n friends say they look like pj pants and yeah I see that. I've had them for about a month now and wear then out as much as possible. The only bitch is finding myself feeling up my self when in public lol oops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVmwDu6GGA

But as a cosplayer and a satin fetish lover, I do try and put as much satin in my cosplay as I can, like this one which does include a satin skirt, satin dress and satin shirt (same as above), plus some extra satin as capes. I wore this to Oz Comic-Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVf6XCUJkE

end of transmission...
Roda SaTiN Stein