dream materialized

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
soochasatin

dream materialized

Post by soochasatin »

a great day .today i dared to buy satin measuring 8 metres for a bed sheet a quilt cover and a pillow cover. Light yellow. Now it ll be me my satin sheet below and capsuled in swishing satin at night and no one else. Regards
silkysatinbed

Re: dream materialized

Post by silkysatinbed »

Congratulations. Enjoy your nights wrapped in our silky satin bedding. You'll probably spend some days there too if you never experienced "sleeping" in satin before.
I discovered fabric shops as my favorite sources of satin many years ago since I prefer satin without seams, zippers and other features that interfere with the pure silky feeling like clothing has. Back in the old days, there were not many good satin sheets available. I found that the material in the shops was far silkier than the sheets available then. Over the years I have bought many meters of it, usually long enough that I could fold it over and enjoy the silky satin surface on both sides. It took nerve to go into the shop the first time since few men entered fabric shops but I eventually got over the fear and enjoyed the rush of feeling, selecting and buying the silky material that would bring me incredible pleasure. Many times after a good purchase, I imagine that if I had not bought it, it would have ended up in a bridal, bridesmaid, or other formal gown to be worn once and then put it away. Instead it will bring me years of enjoyment.
Most clerks never questioned my purpose but when they did I told them that it was for display purposes. I'm sure a couple of younger ones had some idea of the real purpose and commented on how beautiful and silky the satin was. One even said that she might have to buy some to take home too.
Enjoy.
soochasatin

Post by soochasatin »

thanx for encouragement and your detailed comments.I was pondering over how would l talk to the tailor and how d I deal the situation.But I wanted not to waste the opportunity and picking a black colour asked him if he had that in some other colour.he said yes and asked for what purposes.That was the moment I could slip.but I kept stand fast and replied someone has asked for it. how much he asked. I told for quilt ccover a bed sheet and a pillow. He tore 9 metre and said it woul slip. I said I don't know but someone has demanded. He gave me the cloth and rushed out.
simonr

Post by simonr »

Congratulations for taking the first step! The first visit to a satin store is always the most difficult. After a few visits, you will get used to it, and the quality of the satin material you can find is definitely worth the slight embarrassment at first. When you buy online, there is always the possibility of getting satin that looks good in pictures, but is rough to touch... So I always prefer getting mine from brick-and-mortar stores.

I find that most of the shop keepers don't ask about your purpose at all. Even when they do, a simple "I'm getting it for my girlfriend" would satisfy their curiosity. I have even had a satin dress tailor-made for me. I just told the tailor that I need to wear it as a costume for a drama, and the lady never asked another question about the purpose.