Forever Lost satin

General satin related chat. Talk about anything silk/satin related
cockneyrebel

Forever Lost satin

Post by cockneyrebel »

Have anybody a story with loved satin items that have been tossed out or destroyed without you having eny change to save it ?
Like your mother or sister in earlier days or girlfriend / wife later on throwing away some satin item you loved.
Pleas tell your story.
Freddielinton

Re: Forever Lost satin

Post by Freddielinton »

Sadly, yes.

Growing up, my Mom would always eventually find my stashes. At that point in time, my collection consisted of panties, thongs, swimwear, and soccer shorts. Most of these were stolen from family members and friends' sisters. I had an amazing thong collection. Wish I still had them all. Now that I'm older, I'm happy that I can now buy as much as I want, and I think that's probably why I buy so much of it, because I kept having things taken away when I was younger.
inlovewithsatin

Post by inlovewithsatin »

I wished I have taken my sister's satin prom dress, but I didn't know she threw it out until I didn't see it anymore.
Freddielinton

Post by Freddielinton »

inlovewithsatin wrote:I wished I have taken my sister's satin prom dress, but I didn't know she threw it out until I didn't see it anymore.
Chances are, if you remember the style or color, you can find it again. Sure, it won't be your Sister's, but it will help keep the fantasy alive! Any pictures, perhaps? I may be able to help you find it if you don't remember the brand.
didnjie

Post by didnjie »

Satin miniskirt of my beloved elder sister. I kept it after she married, somehow my mum found it and sent for recycle, sigh.
inlovewithsatin

Post by inlovewithsatin »

It's been many years since that time. I wouldn't think the style dress exists anymore. But it's ok. Her senior prom was in 1988. I don't have pictures of it. It was royal blue satin. Strapless. Maybe ankle length. wide skirt. attached lining/netting underneath.
Nitass

Post by Nitass »

I miss my Wrap over skirt, It was the 1st thing I ever bought in a shop, I saw it in a shop window whilst out in town with a friend and returned the following Monday alone. I must have walked past the shop 10 times before getting the courage to go in, my heart was pounding. It was similar to this but in blue. I threw it away when I got a girlfriend. :(
vlcsnap-2016-09-05-20h31m49s646.jpg
vlcsnap-2016-09-05-20h31m49s646.jpg (25.71 KiB) Viewed 5242 times
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
didnjie

Post by didnjie »

Nitass wrote:I miss my Wrap over skirt, It was the 1st thing I ever bought in a shop, I saw it in a shop window whilst out in town with a friend and returned the following Monday alone. I must have walked past the shop 10 times before getting the courage to go in, my heart was pounding. It was similar to this but in blue. I threw it away when I got a girlfriend. :(

vlcsnap-2016-09-05-20h31m49s646.jpg
Untitled.jpg
yes, the miniskirt that i mentioned, also wrap over skirt
ripsatin

Post by ripsatin »

My mother had a lovely silky summer dress I used to wear it when she was out, one day I saw a neighbour wearing it I was gutted that she had given it away. I have trawled eBay time and time again in vintage 1970's dresses and never seen one like it. It was a multicoloured silky satin Rayon summer shift dress.
I hoped that the neighbour would hang it on the washing line so that I could get it back but the nature of the fabric and knowing my neighbour she only wore it the once until it was dirty and through it out. I loved that dress and still think of it many years later.
ripsatin

Post by ripsatin »

My aunty used to wear silky satin blouses when she came to visit my mum, I couldn't take my eyes off them I often wondered what became of them did she toss them into the fire or rip them to shreds and bin them.
What a pity so many lovely silky things ended up in this manner must be millions.
Wedding dresses also worn once and eventually destroyed after many years of hanging in a wardrobe or burnt at a divorce bonfire party.